St Johnstone v Motherwell 12/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

3 hours ago, Antrimmfc said:

We need to start playing football on the deck. Grafters, diving into tackles, running about like lunatics may appease many fans. But they can't create. It all starts at the back, then into midfield and then forward. Ffs it's not rocket science. We love to launch it 90% of the time. Football wise St Johnstone passed the ball better than us. We had the ball in the air most of the match. Chest high passes. S O'D even managed to kick the ball over the stand and he wasn't the only one. I do agree that the speed of thought with our centre backs is severely lacking. By the time they figure out what they're going to do the opposition is fully set and everyone is marked, quick pass into midfield is the answer. So up in the air it goes. Anyway, rant over. "Foot"ball should be played with the "foot". 

agreed - otherwise it's like a kick in the balls :)

Bring in 2 centre halves and have a 
midfielder sitting in a holding position to stop us being so exposed.   

On 11/14/2022 at 11:30 AM, Kmcalpin said:

Careful David. Your comment is becoming a bit personal. We really need to foster and encourage discussion on here not suppress or stifle it. I may not always agree with MJC_mk11, but he/she does make some valid points and I like reading all points of view, especially those which differ from mine.  If you disagree with a comment all you have to do is argue against it and leave it at that. Park it and move on.

You're kidding, right? I said that I think he's mostly wrong in his predictions. That's far from personal, especially when you see some of the ways in which members call out each others opinions on this forum. 

You can respond as you wish, and I'll do the same. I think we can both agree that I said absolutely nothing personal in my post. I addressed his comments, which I find to be negative, not him personally. He's free to make them, of course, and he's also free to disagree with me. 

On the topic at hand, Moult just completed 90 minutes, which is a positive. Let's hope that's a sign he's on his way back to full fitness and being able to contribute more to the team.

• Haha 1