Spurs friendly

SteelmaninOZ

7 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Every body is talking about this apparently the game is  on Spursplay ppv 

I believe Mr Burrows is working on a deal for Motherwell fans to watch 

the  game is at Spurs training ground That venue should be a eye opener compared to ours. 

Anyway COYW :clapping:

I'm not overly bothered who the opposotion is to be honest.

Whats important to me is that its another opportunity to keep players match fit against a decent of opposition, end of.  If we were playing Huddersfield, Crewe, Rotherham or Raith Rovers I'd be just as happy. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

No Molt  his he injured again? :meeting:

He’s been injured for five years.

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Been suggestions his loan has been terminated.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As it should be if he can’t get fit enough to make an impact. 

Bloody hell that game was embarrassing as is hammells interview

Highlights how far we are behind top epl teams and their reserves.

This was a friendly but I'd imagine any Well player of any substance would have looked upon it as a game v a top English team and seen it as an opportunity. 

Alas our players were too scared to go near them. 

I watched from 30 mins on and watched their midfielder Skipp rattle 3 of ours but we never committed 1 foul between 30 and 65 mins. 

We think they are a different breed and are scared to tackle them incase they complain. 

Scunnered with that today and some will come on and say we can't compete with them which is their right I just don't get lack of application.

Rab Shannon jamie Dolan Jim Griffin Dougie arnott etc all average scottish journeymen would not have accepted that today .

Felt like this after sligo and honestly struggling seeing any positives in our team before next week.

Liverpool at Ibrox showed how far away EPL teams are from Scottish Premiership teams.

When you consider that many of their players could literally buy our club with a year of their salary it's hardly surprising. It's literally a different world they operate in.

Pre-covid, when our club had a turnover of £4.9 million, Spurs had a turnover of nearly £490 million. That's quite a staggering gulf and while it's easy to say money isn't the only factor in a team's success, there isn't any team in England with a £4.9 million turnover challenging for a Champions League spot.

1 hour ago, gaz7 said:

I watched from 30 mins on and watched their midfielder Skipp rattle 3 of ours but we never committed 1 foul between 30 and 65 mins. 

Good! It’s a training session, nothing else.

We are lucky to get the opportunity to get to play world class players and you’re angry we didn’t kick them enough.

The difference in financial clout these days makes this sort of “fixture” beyond pointless. If it was a glorified training run then okay, but what did we really get out of it other than “ seeing how the other half lives”?

The bigger picture, and perhaps the elephant in the room, is that fifty years ago we could play Spurs in a competitive match and beat them. Now we are lucky to go to their training ground and take a hiding off their reserves and age group players. The truth is that where we are, and where they are, is beyond poles apart. We are not playing the same game and to suggest otherwise is simply kidding ourselves. Furthermore, the rich will continue to get richer and the also rans will continue to scrabble for crumbs while the gap, on every level, widens. It is the way the system is set up and the money men and big clubs are quite happy with the situation.

Is there a solution to this problem? Sadly no. The seismic changes required to bring about anything worthwhile won’t happen because of the combined power of vested interest in the status quo and greed. Football really is a mirror for society in general at present.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Good! It’s a training session, nothing else.

We are lucky to get the opportunity to get to play world class players and you’re angry we didn’t kick them enough.

I didn't mean kicking them rather how it seemed their players were desperate to impress their manager and ours weren't.

Your 2nd point is maybe a wee bit out as I'm sure none on here would describe any of those spurs players world class. Yes good players who cost more and earn more individually than our whole team as others have said but they are average epl at best.

If as you say we are lucky to get the opportunity I'm glad to say the australia players at world cup didn't feel that way against real world class. Those boys which was near enough an spl asl select showed what can be done with good organisation and spirit. 

Yes huge difference from a world cup and a meaningless friendly  but all players have huge pride in their ability and want to show it off and yesterday I never saw anything in what is likely our last game before league starts.

I hope to be corrected on Saturday. 

We can’t read too much, if anything into yesterday if we’re being honest. 

That said looking at the squad we have, with our rookie manager and the way we have played for much of this season then I have grave concerns for our chances in the second half of the season. We may or may not be relegated, it’s impossible to predict that just now, but I don’t think we’ll be too far off 11th or 12th come seasons end.

• Like 1