Motherwell v Hibernian 08/01/2023

SteelmaninOZ

On 1/3/2023 at 9:53 AM, Spiderpig said:

Hibs are on nearly as bad a run as us, 2 wins in their last 11 games I think so both teams badly need a win, therefore it will probably be another shitfest draw. 3 points would be massive though, with another couple of home games to come.

They have also lost 8 out their last 9 away matches.  They haven't taken an away point since October against Ross County.  They have also conceded 17 goals in their last 5 away. (6 v Celtic, 4 v Aberdeen, 3 v Rangers, 3 v Hearts, 1 v Kilmarnock)

This is a match we really need to be winning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

They have also lost 8 out their last 9 away matches.  They haven't taken an away point since October against Ross County.  They have also conceded 17 goals in their last 5 away. (6 v Celtic, 4 v Aberdeen, 3 v Rangers, 3 v Hearts, 1 v Kilmarnock)

Motherwell 0 Hibs 1...

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

after all they facts  YB    this game will be 0-0

Livi doing us a massive favour today so all set up for us to make pigs ear of it tomorrow, anytime we have chance to open a gap we seem to make a hash of it. Anyway hopefully they can prove us wrong. Also it's a gimme Shields will start, I am not a fan but I also believe that constantly booing or criticising a player isn't going to help so hopefully he can do us a turn tomorrow 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Livi doing us a massive favour today so all set up for us to make pigs ear of it tomorrow, anytime we have chance to open a gap we seem to make a hash of it. Anyway hopefully they can prove us wrong. Also it's a gimme Shields will start, I am not a fan but I also believe that constantly booing or criticising a player isn't going to help so hopefully he can do us a turn tomorrow 

His contract doesn't run out until 2024 but I think Bruce Anderson would be a player that we should be looking at as the next Livingston player we bring to Fir Park on a pre contract.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

So win tomorrow and beat Ross co next week and we are 9 clear with game in hand......yep....me neither

That’s the fine margins that make the difference when you’re in a relegation battle. Going by our form so far this season it is unlikely, but it’s do-able and it’s something that we really need to happen.

8 minutes ago, ppower said:

If KVV doesn't score then sorry we take zip from this game. Two shit teams going nowhere. Two shit teams who each appointed the wrong manager. Two shit teams heading for bottom 6 at best.

Ahhh but do the Hibs fans have a forum with someone that tells shit jokes.........lol

• Haha 1

It is vital we do not get relegated. The way the leagues are shaping up Dundee could remain in the championship. Dunfermline and Falkirk could replace Hamilton and Arbroath. Inverness, Queens Park and Partick are ambitious. I would not bet on us getting back up any time soon

45 minutes ago, MJC said:

Unchanged starting lineup by the looks of it. Max Johnston and Blaney on the bench.

The same line up frustrates me. The same players is likely to equate to the same outcomes. 

Some players need to be dropped, others given opportunities.  Likes of Tierney/Maguire/McKinstry are no worse than some that start each week.

The fact that Blaney walked straight into our shitshow of a defence is not a good sign. If he's not good enough to start games, why did we ever sign him.

just seen the hivs team, quite a strong line up including the 2 fuds mcgeady and porteous,   with us on the same 11 as normal , i hope to feck SH is setting up to have a go and not sit tight like a poker player, cause at the end of the game stevie the fans are not intrested in the shots, corners, and throw in stats,  its 3 feckin points and nothing else,    MON I WELL 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

The same line up frustrates me. The same players is likely to equate to the same outcomes. 

Some players need to be dropped, others given opportunities.  Likes of Tierney/Maguire/McKinstry are no worse than some that start each week.

The fact that Blaney walked straight into our shitshow of a defence is not a good sign. If he's not good enough to start games, why did we ever sign him.

Because he’s a left sided centre half and as bad as the defence has been, I think we need lamie in there and sol dropped first