Aberdeen v Motherwell 04/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

The gaffer says

Paraphrase - 'a few senior players came to me and said they're still on my side'

FFS. Scraping the barrel here. That's the absolute least a manager should expect from a senior fucking professional player. Put these wage thieves in the development team now. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Having Slattery in that space in front of the defence terrifies me. He's a wasted jersey now. 

Edit - Blaney is out injured.

Is Blaney confirmed? I had hoped he was one on the physio table that might make it.

Our problem is midfield options.

We cant drop both Slattery & Goss unless we plan on going with Cornelius or Lennon Miller. Without a proper DMF its hard to see how we become harder to beat without going 5 at the back or 5 in midfield.

No Blaney limits our options and probably means McGinn and Lamie in a 4.

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Sorry but KVV doesn't need bench time, he needs support, the manager hinted at2 up front, then Mandron got injured. So on Wednesday played him up front with no support, plus Kelly firing missiles to 3 Giant centre backs. When Obeka came on was the same, no support, just high balls launched. Give the man support and he will either score or set up one. But ir must be soul destroying getting no support. 

Will support stop him from being a huffy manchild with a bad attitude? 

PS not doubting his ability before you bring that up again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Will support stop him from being a huffy manchild with a bad attitude? 

PS not doubting his ability before you bring that up again.

I would be a huffy man child if my so called team mates were not giving me the tools and support for me to do my job.

The service from midfield is pretty much next to nothing and the the best bit from Wednesday Mckinstry the only player that looks like he has a pass,cross in him where did he start....the bench.

Everyman and dog have been calling for someone closer playing to KVV and the answer keep playing same way until it works and it's not worked.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:18 AM, Spiderpig said:

Totally agree with you Dave but I'll be surprised if it happens the people running the club are part of the problem. They never acted quick enough to get rid of Alexander, and compounded that by giving him a ridiculous contract extension which ultimately cost the club financially. Then they took the no work required, cheap and easy option to appoint SH another big mistake, sanctioned very poor recruitment to bring in the likes of Morris, Aarons, Moult, Ohjala, Solholm so since December 22 the club has been in freefall.

The situation we are in now is salvageable,  15 games and 45 points to play for but only if we get an experienced manager in ASAP to get the squad playing. But for me the Current board seem equally as clueless as Hammell and if they don't man up and act now we are heading for championship football next season.

Yes, that’s the way I see it.

1 minute ago, Robbos boy said:

I don't doubt his attitude or ability, you would be the same if every week you stood up front on yir Jack Jones with Kelly just launching balls up the park, soul destroying. 

I agree his ability can't be doubted or the goals, it's the body language and lack of effort at times which on wed was evident. But I said on an earlier post, stick obika up front with him and we hopefully see a different beast.  Let's do this

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 7:11 AM, MelvinBragg said:

If we're going down (and we are), I'd rather we went down swinging with players that look like they give a damn. As such team for Saturday should look something like

Oxborough

Johnston McGinn Lamie Furlong

Miller Cornelius

Crankshaw Tierney/Danzaki McKinstry 

Aitchison

Defence I've left as I don't know the younger options there.. If Blaney is fit, temptation is to play him alongside McGinn.

If nothing else, tthis would give us a chance to see who might cut it in a promotion push next season. Certainly the players listed are more likely to get tore in about the opposition. Which would be a start...

To be honest it doesn't matter who he plays. There is no direction at the club. Can anyone tell me what kind of team we are apart from a losing one. We have no identity as a team or how we want to play and set up. Sure we have had injuries, but that is part and parcel of football. Hammell has started to do what Alexander did when he was struggling, shuffle the pack, play players out of position, disappoint players by dropping them for no reason and playing players who need to be dropped. He is a drowning man. Tomorrow's display will determine whether the players are playing for him or have downed tools.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I agree his ability can't be doubted or the goals, it's the body language and lack of effort at times which on wed was evident. But I said on an earlier post, stick obika up front with him and we hopefully see a different beast.  Let's do this

Exactly Obika winning the balls and KVV kicking them in the net we can all dream lol.

100 percent two up front for me all the forward options we have.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

I don't doubt his attitude or ability, you would be the same if every week you stood up front on yir Jack Jones with Kelly just launching balls up the park, soul destroying. 

No I wouldnt.

As a senior professional, I would be leading by example, running my ass off, putting myself about and shouting encouragement at my team mates, telling them exactly what was required.

Not throwing my arms in the air and blaming everyone for not being as good as me.

• Like 1

Kelly, Johnson, McGinn, Lamie, Furlong, Cornelius, Slattery, McKinstry, Crankshaw, Van Veen, Obika. It’s attacking but I don’t want to see Goss, and the other midfield options are all attacking also. Would have considered McGinn into holding role in midfield but with 4 defenders injured and O’Donnell I don’t think that’s an option. 

I’d only give KVV 45 mins with someone up close to him to see if his attitude/work rate improves and if not get him off for Aitchison/Tierney/Danzaki.

23 minutes ago, ppower said:

To be honest it doesn't matter who he plays. There is no direction at the club. Can anyone tell me what kind of team we are apart from a losing one. We have no identity as a team or how we want to play and set up. Sure we have had injuries, but that is part and parcel of football. Hammell has started to do what Alexander did when he was struggling, shuffle the pack, play players out of position, disappoint players by dropping them for no reason and playing players who need to be dropped. He is a drowning man. Tomorrow's display will determine whether the players are playing for him or have downed tools.

Since start of premier League in  1975 we have played Aberdeen at Pittodrie 38 times and have only won 3 times and drawn 11. Scoring 27 goals and conceding 74.  So a win looks extremely unlikely and a draw a remote possibility.

Don't know where you are getting those stats from we have beaten Aberdeen at Pittodrie 12 times since 2005. Not that is will make the slightest difference to tomorrow's fuck up.

While I’m hoping to see the players actually play football I’d be happy to at least see them put some effort and work into the game. No excuse for not putting in the effort. At last weeks game you would have sworn St Johnstone had more players than us. We always seemed outnumbered, they always had an extra man. That’s all about movement and putting in the hard work to cover, to chase back, to make yourself available for a pass, to make runs off the ball. If we at least do that it will make it harder for the opposition. You don’t have to be oozing skill to do all that stuff just fkn care about not getting beat and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Do something about it!!

4 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

You have your opinion I have mine. I'm sure you always gave 100% at your job no matter if you were being shit on or not. 

As Ive said before. I dont doubt his ability, and whilst we had no alternative replacement, it would have been madness to take our only goal threat out of the team. 

Maybe Im being harsh, and maybe he deserves another chance to show what he can do with someone alongside him, but Id be making it very clear what was expected and challenge him to show me the player that we saw in his first game against Hibs.

He's by no means the only one who falls into that category, but he is the most visible culprit due to his body language.

• Like 1

At end of day we all love our club which we can all agree on. We all express our views differently.

Basically come 5.00 tomorrow we all want to be happy chappies and chappesses and celebrate a win.  It's been a hard slog this season but we need to be together ...but staff and players need to up their game also.  COYW 

• Like 3

Looking at the other games this weekend there is a chance that our relegation rivals will all drop points. We need to hope that our marginally better away form gives us a chance tomorrow.

Having rewatched the first goal I can't believe how lame Goss was for the first goal. He has zero toughness.

I like the 3-5-2 suggestion or 5-3-2 could we chuck in a youngster, i'd rather have that than O'Donnell.

Kelly

Johnston

Lamie

McGinn

Youngster

Furlong

Cornelius

Slattery

Danzaki

Van Veen

Aitchison

4 hours ago, couttsy said:

Kelly, Johnson, McGinn, Lamie, Furlong, Cornelius, Slattery, McKinstry, Crankshaw, Van Veen, Obika. It’s attacking but I don’t want to see Goss, and the other midfield options are all attacking also. Would have considered McGinn into holding role in midfield but with 4 defenders injured and O’Donnell I don’t think that’s an option. 

I’d only give KVV 45 mins with someone up close to him to see if his attitude/work rate improves and if not get him off for Aitchison/Tierney/Danzaki.

That's team I'd pick also couttsy. 

Van veen needs help up front .crankshaw looked our best player last couple. Mckinstry I felt was coming on to game before being dropped on Wednesday.  Cornelius and slattery are better than goss and defense picks itself.

Lots of options upfront to change (not saying they are any good though) .

Huge game and I'm happy with a draw the now with performance better than Wednesday to give some confidence for next week scottish cup.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Sorry but KVV doesn't need bench time, he needs support, the manager hinted at2 up front, then Mandron got injured. So on Wednesday played him up front with no support, plus Kelly firing missiles to 3 Giant centre backs. When Obeka came on was the same, no support, just high balls launched. Give the man support and he will either score or set up one. But ir must be soul destroying getting no support. 

Way I see it as well. He's a huffy arse but if we are to survive we need him.

Anyone wanting him benched is deluded.  It might work at big teams but at our level he will just f off . 

Needs an arm around him as old saying goes

6 hours ago, El Grew said:

Can’t believe some posters want to keep playing Slittery in midfield.  Him and Goss should never get near the first team ever again.

Agree both have been very poor lately, but unless we play our new centre half and move McGinn into midfield I just don’t think we have the options available to take both of them out. We have Cornelius (who himself hasn’t been great when he’s come in) but who else would you play in there?