Aberdeen v Motherwell 04/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, steelman1991 said:

Why does Johnny Hayes going off with concussion allow us an extra sub? Confused?

Yeah, I'd understand if Johnston had gone off too but he was fine.

1 minute ago, steelman1991 said:

Why does Johnny Hayes going off with concussion allow us an extra sub? Confused?

Seems to be this is Rule

In addition to the number of Fielded Substitutes permitted in a Match under Competition Rule 13.1, each Club may use up to a maximum of two Concussion Substitutes in a Match. In the event that a Concussion Substitute is used, the opposing Club may make an additional substitute at the same time or any time thereafter. In such instances, a Concussion Substitute and, where applicable, an additional substitute shall also be considered as a Fielded Substitute.

I am absolutely raging at the board and management of our club. Hammell should never have been given the job and should have been punted after he stood with his hands in his pockets as we threw away a two goal lead against 10 man Kilmarnock. We then keep him to the window and allow him to bring in 9 players with no rhyme or reason to his choices. The line up today was a joke. We should have tried 3-5-2 weeks ago but to do it today with one fit centre half is madness and shows Hammell has no idea. Plus players like Crankshaw, Aitchison and McKinstry are not suited to 3-5-2. Now I read that we have reverted to one up front. It shames me to say but when it went to 3-0 I was hoping we would get a real doing and there would be no way back for Hammell and Kerr

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I'd love to hear if anyone still has any belief in Hammell turning this around - and if so, why.

To have believe there needs to be some sort of positive that we can cling to that things might turn in our favour but theres not one aspect of our team that gives me hope,stick with hammell and we're going down.

Do we have enough players to field a team capable of wining YES, Do the starting players have any confidence NO does Hammel have any clue how to get us out of this mess NO. Will he walk after Raith beat us next week YES.

Who will replace him NO IDEA but as i have said before this league is so poor that a decent manager can turn a poor team into a top 6 outfit.

Will we get a decent manager NO are we destined for the championship YES

7 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I'd love to hear if anyone still has any belief in Hammell turning this around - and if so, why.

A few guys were close with there predictions if it wasn't for a late pen,that says it all when predicting a 3-0 defeat,it's not just hammell,there is no belief in the team

2 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

We're in a really poor state. John Hughes on radio Scotland this afternoon desperate for a job. Give him it til the end of the season and see if he can keep us up. Anything's better than the current regime.

naw he whored himself for the aberdeen job

Just now, Benson said:

Folk talking about 6 subs wtf,get the rule books out lads, laugh out to the guys that travelled up there,more money than sense,lol

The confusion arose though because there was no confirmation of a concussion sub being used, even BBC text only had it down as an injury when Hayes was subbed. So unless we had access to the game, there was no way to tell.

Then you add the ability of our club to muck things up, anything is possible. :)

4 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

We're in a really poor state. John Hughes on radio Scotland this afternoon desperate for a job. Give him it til the end of the season and see if he can keep us up. Anything's better than the current regime.

Not a bad shout mate , although many wouldn’t want Yogi , at least he’s got managerial experience, and could surely organise the team better.

Hate to see what’s happening to Hammell, but it’s time to go . We’re only 3 points of 9th place and I know we’re rank rotten at the moment ,but a new gaffer with some know how might at least give us a fighting chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sinjy said:

I am absolutely raging at the board and management of our club. Hammell should never have been given the job and

The management of the club has been absolutely shambolic for at least a year now. Allowing the previous manager to oversee such a dismal return in the second half of last season, extending his contract and then to start this season in charge only for him to oversee a European embarrassment and then chuck it on the eve of the season.

And then we appoint the academy coach who has no senior management experience experience, allow him to bring in two ex players who had barely been on a football pitch in the last two years and six months down the line we are staring relegation in the race for the first time in nearly forty years. 

It has been an absolute clusterfuck of a year for us as a club.

• Like 1