Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

44 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Nah. Not having that.

You have to take the context of who the opposition is and factor that into the equation.

He hasnt been sacked at this stage and we havent beat Rangers in a league game for 20 years. So expecting SK and this team to do so at the wrong end of this run is just mental.

You get that pass if you play the Old Firm on a bad run normally but the fact is that we have already lost to Rangers on this run over three months ago. 

It's like turning like not turning up at work for 3 days then going in and telling your boss that you forget to set the alarm o'clock. Does not fucking fly.

He won’t be sacked if we lose to Rangers, he just won’t. If we lose to Livingston in the following game it might be a different story though. 

I suspect we will see yet another late equaliser to secure a draw in either the Rangers or the Livi games and that will keep him and us ticking over for yet another week. Like it or not the last minute levellers against Ross County, Celtic, Dundee and St.Johnstone plus coming from 0-2 down in Perth have bought Kettlewell a fair bit more time and grace. Whether that will be a good thing for us in the long run or they merely paper over the ever growing cracks only time will tell. Unfortunately I suspect that it’s the latter.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

He won’t be sacked if we lose to Rangers, he just won’t. If we lose to Livingston in the following game it might be a different story though. 

We're away to Aberdeen midweek as well. All three will be pivotal games in his/our fight for survival. 

18 hours ago, Yodo said:

After his first shot in the transfer window he should not be allowed to bring in anymore shit to the club so he has to go 

Is that the parameters for any manager at Motherwell now then? They get a single transfer window? And if they fail, they're gone?

I'm of the opinion he should've been away a couple of months ago. If we get narrowly beaten I don't think he'll be gone but if it's an awful performance and a 5-0 defeat I think there's a chance.

It's fucking ridiculous, no other manager in the world would survive this run.

• Like 1

What’s quite unusual in general football environment from the run that we’re on that SK is still in post.  We’re (forum) obviously split on whether he should have gone and should be given opportunity to bring in resources in transfer window so I expect the board are too. 
Personally I’m at stage of giving him the window and into February to turn it around simply because the players still seem to be trying.

4 hours ago, David said:

Is that the parameters for any manager at Motherwell now then? They get a single transfer window? And if they fail, they're gone?

It’s a results driven business his signings haven’t contributed anything to the club so he has to fall on his sword .Why do u think he deserves another transfer window 

On 12/21/2023 at 5:54 PM, steelboy said:

You get that pass if you play the Old Firm on a bad run normally but the fact is that we have already lost to Rangers on this run over three months ago. 

It's like turning like not turning up at work for 3 days then going in and telling your boss that you forget to set the alarm o'clock. Does not fucking fly.

Sorry. I dont see how losing to Rangers at the start of this run makes them any easier to beat this time around. We both still have the same players and our confidence isnt anywhere near as high as it was the last time around. If anything, they have improved under Clement, so it should actually he harder to beat them.

The only way this came becomes a factor is if its a total capitulation and we lose by 7 or 8. 

41 minutes ago, Yodo said:

It’s a results driven business his signings haven’t contributed anything to the club so he has to fall on his sword .Why do u think he deserves another transfer window 

So Spencer, Gent and Biereth havent contibuted anything?

Paton isnt everyones cup of tea, but I think he has made a positive contribution too.

You can debate whether SK deserves another window or not. But at least make your argumemt fact based.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Paton isnt everyones cup of tea, but I think he has made a positive contribution too.

You can debate whether SK deserves another window or not. But at least make your argumemt fact based.

Keep clapping happily whit about Shaw Obika Bair u gave me three I’ll give u three 

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Sorry. I dont see how losing to Rangers at the start of this run makes them any easier to beat this time around. We both still have the same players and our confidence isnt anywhere near as high as it was the last time around. If anything, they have improved under Clement, so it should actually he harder to beat them.

The only way this came becomes a factor is if its a total capitulation and we lose by 7 or 8. 

It's the fact that the run has went on so long. He's only held on via penalty saves and injury time equalisers. He has zero credit remaining. 

Considering the fact that we haven't won in 14 games over 3 and a half months and have only scored 3 first half goals in the past 19 games people need to start admitting to themselves that Kettlewell is having a negative effect on the club. This is not a normal bad run of form, the manager is contributing to this shit show more than anyone one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yodo said:

Keep clapping happily whit about Shaw Obika Bair u gave me three I’ll give u three 

Nah. You dont get to do that.

You said none of his signings had contributed anything. I gave you 3.

The fact that the others arguably havent is neither here nor there.

But given that Obika has scored a goal amd both Bair and Shave have assists in the last few weeks, Im not even sure that argument holds up.

By all means argue that his signings are not of the quality required to have us climb the league. But you cant argue that none of them have contributed.

Biereth has 6 goals in 10 games!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's the fact that the run has went on so long. He's only held on via penalty saves and injury time equalisers. He has zero credit remaining. 

Considering the fact that we haven't won in 14 games over 3 and a half months and have only scored 3 first half goals in the past 19 games people need to start admitting to themselves that Kettlewell is having a negative effect on the club. This is not a normal bad run of form, the manager is contributing to this shit show more than anyone one. 

I would agree it was looking like that and I couldnt see a way out of it for him. I thought the Ross County game was going to be the last straw. But the board stuck with him and he has arrested the direction of travel with the last few performances. My point is that doesnt change with a defeat to Rangers tomorrow. A capitulation, followed by defeats to Aberdeen and Livvy would be the end for me and should be for SK, but we are not there yet. He keeps buying himself time, and he has the players to thank for sticking with him.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He had a decent half against Killie and since then has been getting worse every week. 

He has had more good games than that. There was a period of 3 or 4 weeks at the start of the bad run when he was our best player.

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

3 loans. 

All of his signings have been poor. In his entire managerial career he has never signed a good player. 

Do loans not count as signings now?

Getting Mika in is quite a coup in my opinion.

Theres no way we could afford to sign a player of that quality on a permanent deal.

9 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Do loans not count as signings now?

Getting Mika in is quite a coup in my opinion.

Theres no way we could afford to sign a player of that quality on a permanent deal.

Mika gets about two passes to feet per game so I think we can safely say it's the last time we'll be getting a player of his calibre in on loan. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Spencer would probably have contributed more if he had been played to his strengths IE . Right hand side of the pitch.

Gent should have been played earlier

Biereth has been good but would have been better with a decent strike partner.

43 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I think this is sugarcoating things. The reality is that we haven't won a game under him in over 3 and a half months.  

My response was in reply to a comment that we had been getting steadily worse, week by week.

That clearly hasnt been the case since Ross County.

38 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Mika gets about two passes to feet per game so I think we can safely say it's the last time we'll be getting a player of his calibre in on loan. 

Ok, so no credit given.

Just diversion away from the fact that SK has in fact signed one player who is quite good.

8 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

My response was in reply to a comment that we had been getting steadily worse, week by week.

That clearly hasn't been the case since Ross County.

Fair enough. We may not have been getting steadily worse, but not winning for over 3.5 months and scraping a few draws instead of losses isn't necessarily an improvement when the bigger picture is considered.