Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Aberdeen game proves his bad tactical ability and lack of confidence in his team. Defending for first twenty minutes waiting to see what they were going to do first instead of being positive going for it against a poor Aberdeen side . Thats just about sums up his ability as a manager with us. 

He thinks he’s smarter than he really is. 

20 minutes ago, stv said:

Aberdeen game proves his bad tactical ability and lack of confidence in his team. Defending for first twenty minutes waiting to see what they were going to do first instead of being positive going for it against a poor Aberdeen side . Thats just about sums up his ability as a manager with us. 

He thinks he’s smarter than he really is. 

Completely disagree 

All the ones moaning and groaning had better get used to it because he's here next season whether you like it or not.

I'll judge him on his summer transfer dealings and whether he manages to persuade the players he wants to keep to sign up..

The reality is our League is shit , the quality of available players is dropping and no-one can work miracles.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, santheman said:

All the ones moaning and groaning had better get used to it because he's here next season whether you like it or not.

If he fails to win another game this season I don't think he'll be here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

If he fails to win another game this season I don't think he'll be here. 

I think he's 100% safe irrespective. He's a good man manager and coach, but we saw his tactical limitations and tendency to overthink yesterday. He's still learning and lets not forget he's a lot less experienced than his opponent yesterday, Stephen Robinson.   

46 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I think SK will improve with time. There’s a lot of “experienced” managers out there who will not improve much and wouldn’t do any better job than what the inexperienced SK has done. 

Have u seen any improvement since he’s been at the club apart from his first 6 month where he did really well apart from that we have went backwards his signings have let him down badly 

There will be folk who will never be convinced but I really like the guy.

Yes he over thinks things and has made mistakes but who doesn't? He deserves the summer to rebuild and his January signings actually looking not too bad and Moses could be the penalty box striker we are crying out for.

Next week we have chance of top 6 which go back 3 months and we were thinking 11th was our only hope.  Yes we might lose next week but here's hoping we win and actually hope for Gers and Dons wins v dundee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

There will be folk who will never be convinced but I really like the guy.

It's worth remembering that certain people who will remain nameless have been greetin' about every manager we've had for years now. Those same people were moaning about Robinson, Alexander, McGhee, Baraclough, McCall, and on and on. 

And if and when Kettlewell moves on, they'll do the same about the next guy. Some folk just get a kick out of being negative.

I personally think he's a very good coach for us. Sure, there are better ones out there, but we're Motherwell. I'm not sure many better managers would be throwing people out of the way to get to Fir Park and work with our budget. 

If we make the top six this season, considering the squad we have? I'd say that's pretty astounding. It won't stop some people from focusing on the teams who didn't make the top six, though, and saying that it wasn't because of us being decent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4