Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

18 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Some drama queens in our support would have him sacked for that haircut, the entitlement and gatekeeping that goes on with MFC is beyond ridiculous now.

Not just that. It's at the stage where the club posts anything on twitter or Facebook and some fans are out shouting at everything. I'm not talking about folks right to have a say. It's just the constant creeping negativity that's getting on my every last nerve. And some of it is just over the top. I'm sick of it. It's been like this since folk wanted Alexander out. Kettlewell can't even give a media interview without being called out and personal comments made. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Not just that. It's at the stage where the club posts anything on twitter or Facebook and some fans are out shouting at everything. I'm not talking about folks right to have a say. It's just the constant creeping negativity that's getting on my every last nerve. And some of it is just over the top. I'm sick of it. It's been like this since folk wanted Alexander out. Kettlewell can't even give a media interview without being called out and personal comments made. 

Wellgirl, sadly it mirrors life. Those that shout loudest and the most often always appear to be the majority when in fact they are not. And what do they do when their obsession makes little sense? They shout even louder and more often.

Keep fighting the good fight. Common sense usually wins through.

We will have to disagree on Alexander though. His time really had come to an end. As it does for all Managers in the long run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Wellgirl, sadly it mirrors life. Those that shout loudest and the most often always appear to be the majority when in fact they are not. And what do they do when their obsession makes little sense? They shout even louder and more often.

We will have to disagree on Alexander though. His time really had come to an end. As it does for all Managers in the long run.

We've been on a downward trajectory since we got rid of Alexander in my view. Not least since we had to pay him off. Then Hammell too. I feel sorry for Kettlewell. I honestly do. Like. We were fifth in the table when Alexander left. To me that's worrying and look at how we've been doing since. 

It's ok to disagree. I just personally think that a lot of fans are shouting at Kettlewell when it's not necessarily him they are upset with. 

Like. Obika gave an interview today and as soon as it was put up you had folk going pish. Shite. And yeah that's how they feel. I've just never seen it this bad for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

We've been on a downward trajectory since we got rid of Alexander in my view. Not least since we had to pay him off. Then Hammell too. I feel sorry for Kettlewell. I honestly do. Like. We were fifth in the table when Alexander left. To me that's worrying and look at how we've been doing since. 

I think Alexander had run his course, due in part to financial restrictions within the Club. I honestly do not think we would have been in a better position had he stayed or that he had any solutions. Also I think Kettlewell is more suited than either Alexander or Hammell to working within those financial limitations. In short, I don’t believe our on field issues are mostly down to whoever is Manager. 
I do respect your view though.

2 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I think Alexander had run his course, due in part to financial restrictions within the Club. I honestly do not think we would have been in a better position had he stayed or that he had any solutions. Also I think Kettlewell is more suited to either Alexander or Hammell in working within those financial limitations. In short, I don’t believe our on field issues are mostly down to whoever is Manager. 
I do respect your view though.

I like Kettlewell a lot. Just hope he keeps us up. I think the club made a huge mistake with the Hammell appointment. It was the sentimental choice and he was too inexperienced in my view. 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Kettlewell has a dressing room behind him..... Alexander certainly didn't, a very unlikeable character and old news....in SK we trust 

Just making the point that I think the club has been struggling since we got rid of Alexander. I'm very much behind Kettlewell. 

Alexander was absolutely done with us long before he eventually left. I’ve said this many times had we not snatched the late draw at Livingston and scraped top six and then somehow Europe then he would have been gone at the end of that season, perhaps before. And what keeps being overlooked is that HE wanted to go. It was him that approached Burrows to instigate the “mutual consent” after the Sligo debacle, not the other way around. He wasn’t sacked and he wasn’t “hounded out” he left because he wanted to go.

And I’d have Stuart Kettlewell as manager over Alexander any day of the week.

• Like 5

If it was a straight choice between Graham Alexander or Stuart Kettlewell definitely 💯 Kettlewell for me

Appreciate people will have different views on this , we do have people in our fanbase who like to criticise everything, I am not on Twitter but see it on Facebook all the time even before a game

6 hours ago, MJC said:

Alexander was absolutely done with us long before he eventually left. I’ve said this many times had we not snatched the late draw at Livingston and scraped top six and then somehow Europe then he would have been gone at the end of that season, perhaps before. And what keeps being overlooked is that HE wanted to go. It was him that approached Burrows to instigate the “mutual consent” after the Sligo debacle, not the other way around. He wasn’t sacked and he wasn’t “hounded out” he left because he wanted to go.

And I’d have Stuart Kettlewell as manager over Alexander any day of the week.

Not often I agree with what you say dude, but i'm with you 100% on this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Just making the point that I think the club has been struggling since we got rid of Alexander. I'm very much behind Kettlewell. 

To counter that,  I would say that the club has been struggling because of Alexander's appointment and tenure. And, as much as I don't rate Kettlewell, I would rather have him than GA.

26 minutes ago, wellfan said:

To counter that,  I would say that the club has been struggling because of Alexander's appointment and tenure. And, as much as I don't rate Kettlewell, I would rather have him than GA.

I made more than one point across several posts. I wasn't intending it to mean that I would rather have Alexander as manager right now than Kettlewell. When I said that we have been on a downward trajectory since he left I did make the point about having to pay off the remaining amount of time on his contract. 

I've been very vocally supportive of Kettlewell. Not just on here. 

13 hours ago, wellgirl said:

It's ok to disagree. I just personally think that a lot of fans are shouting at Kettlewell when it's not necessarily him they are upset with. 

Like. Obika gave an interview today and as soon as it was put up you had folk going pish. Shite. And yeah that's how they feel. I've just never seen it this bad for a long time. 

I take your point and in general feel some fans are never happy. Re Alexander tho, the Sligo games did it for me , terrible performances and a big missed opportunity too .. frustrating...I actually felt more for Steven hammel who never got the chance to work with the players he bought, but again timing played a part after the Raith cup tie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I take your point and in general feel some fans are never happy. Re Alexander tho, the Sligo games did it for me , terrible performances and a big missed opportunity too .. frustrating...I actually felt more for Steven hammel who never got the chance to work with the players he bought, but again timing played a part after the Raith cup tie.

That was the point I was trying to make. I'm not trying to suggest for one minute that fans aren't allowed opinions. 

18 hours ago, dennyc said:

I think it's always worth remembering that Steelmen Online represents a fraction of the Motherwell support.

There are, what, 150 regular posters?  Is it even as many as that?

Even if it was 400 or 500 it would still be a single digit percentage of the overall support.

21 hours ago, dennyc said:

Empty vessels make the most noise

On 2/24/2024 at 12:19 AM, wellgirl said:

The club did not get rid of Alexander he approached the board after one of the worst results in the clubs history and asked to be released . I think u should take a break from the forum as u seem to take everything personal 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1