2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'd hope so. Will probably depend on the precise wording of the agreement. It might only be a percentage of what Celtic make over and above the original fee. 

Knowing Celtic it will be as little as possible. They are good at building in massive add-ons when they are sellers.....Frimpong could net them a fortune just like Van Dijk and others did. However when they are the buyers it's a different matter. I guess that's good practice for them but it is galling that they can dictate terms up here. I hope I am wrong but I'm not holding my breath looking for a fantastic payday. 

Whereas the Turnbull terms were not revealed, it is public knowledge that Celtic have a 30% add on with Frimpong that could net them around £10m as he looks to be heading to England from Germany for about £50m. Crazy money.

On 12/26/2023 at 8:03 PM, MJC said:

And some trumpets in our support would still applaud Moult or KvV if either or both scored goals against us to get us relegated. :rolleyes:

Imagine if it was Moult and KvV scoring against us to get us relegated while they played for Hearts? Now, that would be something to behold, eh? Especially when the Hearts fans start singing. Hair on the back of the neck and all that.

23 hours ago, pretzel said:

I sat next to two tadgers in the POD against Morton a few years ago and when they scored in Extra Time to go 1-0 up they got up cheering and appaulding as the player celebrated in front of us below. Then they left, thankfully we turned that tie around but it was totally weird behavior.

Maybe Morton fans?

40 minutes ago, David said:

Imagine if it was Moult and KvV scoring against us to get us relegated while they played for Hearts? Now, that would be something to behold, eh? Especially when the Hearts fans start singing. Hair on the back of the neck and all that.

Well firstly that’s not likely is it?  Because Hearts won’t be involved in the relegation playoff this season. So that scenario won’t play out.

Secondly, while I certainly wouldn’t be cheering/applauing/taking any kind of satisfaction in Hearts relegating us with Moult and KvV scoring against us there almost certainly WOULD be some within our support who would, or at the very least would come out with pish like “I’m pleased for Moult/KvV” if they scored against us for the likes of Dundee Utd. And I defy ANYONE to say otherwise.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, santheman said:

Me too.

Remember thinking why couldn't he do that for us.

cause  remember he had a "career defining back injury" fuck all wrong with him when thats why he wasnt playing with us but lifting a big bag of shopping out of asda in hamilton into his merc

FUCKIN RAT ARSE

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MJC said:

Secondly, while I certainly wouldn’t be cheering/applauing/taking any kind of satisfaction in Hearts relegating us with Moult and KvV scoring against us there almost certainly WOULD be some within our support who would, or at the very least would come out with pish like “I’m pleased for Moult/KvV” if they scored against us for the likes of Dundee Utd. And I defy ANYONE to say otherwise.

I say otherwise, you're just wrong.

Maybe one part time fan who's someone's brother's sister's aunty's maw who saw Moult score a goal once, but quite literally every other Motherwell FC fan would do nothing of the sort. Relegation would be unbelievably painful, nobody is going to clap it, regardless of who scored.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJC said:

I’ll believe it when I see it but I too would much rather see KvV sign for Rangers than either of those two clubs or Aberdeen. 

Obviously I wouldn’t applaud him if/when he plays/scores against us but if he signs for Rangers then I hope he does well and pockets a league winners medal at the end of his loan spell.

Trust me, it happened.

I think I may have applauded the Vigurs volley from the corner and I certainly was not the only one. It was a shitfest of a game in which ICT beat us comfortably. The goal was the one moment of quality in an otherwise turgid affair. Sometimes it is just a relief to see a glimmer of decent football break out. I would rather Motherwell had won the game, I would rather the moment of true class came from a Motherwell player but it did not. I don't feel as if I have betrayed my team in any way by admiring a piece of genuine skill.

Don't you think it is slightly hypocritical MJC to be chastising others for their less than impeccable support when once again you are using these boards to show a soft spot for the Rangers?

I could not care less if KVV pockets a league winners medal with Rangers but each to their own.

Maybe I have misunderstood you however . Maybe you would be just as happy for the player, who has been a good servant to us, if he was to pocket a league winners medal with Celtic? 

Seems like we are just trading vices here anyway. Maybe you should be left to support the football in whichever way you want and you should leave others to enjoy and celebrate the game as they want to enjoy and celebrate it? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MJC said:

Well firstly that’s not likely is it?  Because Hearts won’t be involved in the relegation playoff this season. So that scenario won’t play out.

Simple answer - pish!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Furlong was great. But we have Gent now, so not sure what he would add.

If he cant get a game for Hull though he would be worth pursuing in the summer.

I'd imagine Souare will be turfed out in January. We were usually kind with players who were injured by offering them a contract but after a few decided to leave when they got back to full fitness I'm assuming we have changed our ways as we let Carroll go only offering him training facilities. 

49 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Furlong was great. But we have Gent now, so not sure what he would add.

If he cant get a game for Hull though he would be worth pursuing in the summer.

Furlong is an upgrade of Gent and that is no slight on Gent , although it took our manager a long time to realise he was worth playing.

42 minutes ago, well_said said:

Furlong is an upgrade of Gent and that is no slight on Gent , although it took our manager a long time to realise he was worth playing.

That may well be. But we have a deal already in place for Gent. If we get Furlong one of them has to sit on the bench.

If we are serious about maximising the bang for our buck going forward, there ar other areas of the team requiring more urgent attention right now.

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

I'd imagine Souare will be turfed out in January. We were usually kind with players who were injured by offering them a contract but after a few decided to leave when they got back to full fitness I'm assuming we have changed our ways as we let Carroll go only offering him training facilities. 

I wouldnt renew Souare's deal.

Seems harsh. But it was a gamble that didnt come off. No point repeating it.

Id bring Wilson back from his loan for cover. Boy didnt look far away in the league cup and has had the first half of seaoson out on loan.

We need to develop him. He is also young and less likely to break than the other options.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

need a few midfielders . 

Hoping we offload Wilkinson and Shaw. 

A few rumours doing the rounds that Wikinson and perhaps even Shaw could be leaving shortly. According to SK we are looking to bring in 2 new faces and perhaps slighlty more if someone leaves.

I'd like to see the midfield and defence bolstered but it all depends on who is available of course.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

What is the situation with our loanees?

Presumably, if nothing changes, then Barry Maguire, Nathan McGinley and Ricky Lamie will return to Fir Park next week? 

On top of that Pape Souare's deal ends, whch i wouldn't expect to be extended. 

Just had a wee look. Maguire, McGinley and Sam Campbell all expire in January. The rest of the loanees are end of season. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

What is the situation with our loanees?

Presumably, if nothing changes, then Barry Maguire, Nathan McGinley and Ricky Lamie will return to Fir Park next week? 

On top of that Pape Souare's deal ends, whch i wouldn't expect to be extended. 

I don't know if he is injured or such, but Maguire last played for Kidderminster on the 11th November, if his loan isn't extended then we will be stuck with him for the rest of the season as he will have played games for two clubs this season. McGinley hasn't kicked a ball for Partick so we will be stuck with him also.

• David locked this topic