2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Welcome to the club Andy,  make sure you have a good 45 mins on debut or you will be written off as useless by some 🤣🤣

Correct, always big calls on here for us to sign, experienced players, know Scottish football etc etc so thats one confirmed with hopefully a few more to follow. A good Experienced goal scorer or whatever that translates to on Motherwell's budget next please.

Mixed feelings about Halliday, after putting aside his great love for one particular club in our league. I think it’s good news, but not totally sure!

He’s experienced and proven to be good enough in our league, on the flip side how fit is he and what’s his attitude going to be like. Seems to be carving out a good career in the media for himself (and I think he talks a lot of sense compared to most in the Scottish media), however is that now where his focus is rather than training and games? Suppose time will tell.

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

These are the signings you make when you're looking for a job on Superscoreboard or Open Goal. 

Why don't you go and do better then eh? Go and do Kettlewells job with the amount of money he has at his disposal. 

Its quite clear that Motherwell don't have a lot of money to spend and from what I've seen on Facebook tonight most fans are happy with the signing. Of course you wouldn't be. No surprise there. 

• Like 1

If he can stay fit…… and that’s a big if…… I think he’ll be a decent signing. I’m not too fussed about the likeability of him or what team he likes or his podcast performances…..as long as he performs and helps us avoid relegation that’s all I care about 

8 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Why don't you go and do better then eh? Go and do Kettlewells job with the amount of money he has at his disposal. 

Its quite clear that Motherwell don't have a lot of money to spend and from what I've seen on Facebook tonight most fans are happy with the signing. Of course you wouldn't be. No surprise there. 

I didn't want halliday for the fact that he doesn't offer anything that our midfield is sadly lacking which is pretty much everything so why then go and use the limited funds we do have to bring him in,it's also in place that he will sign permanently in the summer and that's before we see how he gets on for the rest of the this season.hes here and he will get my backing but he doesn't solve any of our problems in my opinion.

Welcome Andy, was disappointed when heard his name, more because of his age and limited playing time but he's here now. Still need to be convinced a permanent deal is worth it but as always, he's in our colours so he'll get my support.

Now we need a striker, some bolstering of the defence as well and I suppose we'll have to be happy. Would've loved an out and out winger but we know what SK thinks of them.

Good luck to him, I'm sure it's the first of many. 

Important we sign some players with a bit of pace and skill - not easy to find in our bargain bucket budget. 

Given our threadbare squad and precarious league position there's a good argument for spending more per player, keeping small squad to bring in quality - most likely loanees. 

We've ridden our luck a few times in the last 10 years around this time of year with making multiple signings or changing manager.  To stay in the league it's worth digging into some cash reserves. 

As is the case with every player we sign, I'll judge him on how he represents the club off the field and what he does on the park in a Motherwell strip and nothing else.

Every player starts with a clean slate, I don't care what their history/reputation is or what previous clubs they've played for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Welcome to the club Andy.

Hopefully his experience of playing at this level will benefit us. 

ahh but only time will tell if heez still got the legs   remember heez played less than an hour in half a season

• David locked this topic