2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Eh? How many do they need? According to their offiicial site, they already have 8 (first team squad 27 players in total).

Least they can implement the old 2-3-5 formation. I know they were trying to get rid of Stevie May and Jephcott and one other. 

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Lucas Ross is a goal about every 5 minutes. Why don’t we try him ? 

admittedly he’s only played about 5 minutes but he did score 

100 percent this!I am all for giving our youth a chance not enhancing others for them to make money.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:18 PM, wunderwell said:

So we have 6 contracted players for next season. Plus if we want, Halliday.

That's absolutely shocking.

tbf mate 

i'm quite happy with that we have some poor players on the wage bill atm.

Ideally I'd keep

Casey

Mcginn

Miller

Davor

Spittal

Bair

Gent permanent

And maybe Kelly if he starts performing to the levels we know he can consistently

wait and see on the new signings.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Lucas Ross is a goal about every 5 minutes. Why don’t we try him ? 

admittedly he’s only played about 5 minutes but he did score 

The positive here is the fans would give him time and encouragement .

be good to at least see what he has 

equally we need to bring in some quality - easier said than done 

I know the forward position is more pressing atm but I see Danny Wilson is on the verge of joining Queens Park, he might have been a decent addition to shore up the back but then again we have plenty options there. 

50 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

100 percent this!I am all for giving our youth a chance not enhancing others for them to make money.

Nothing wrong with giving youth a chance. But we need experience as well in my view. We have to sign at least one striker in this window. 

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

St Johnstone are about to sign a striker from the Northern Premier League, delving way down the tiers in England for talent. 

I feel quite calm about it all as it's not unusual for us to get many bodies in on transfer deadline day. 

Exactly this pant wetting goes on every feckin window. We do not offer deals players will jump at. We offer deals that will get someone when their agent has no more spinning to do. I e. Last minute of the window. Mind when SK took over the same pant wetting went in on the January window and we signed 8/9 players.

Not a kettlewell boo boy but if we cant sign 1 striker in the window to replace/compliment or even give competition to the only striker we have (who was signed as a 3rd option prospect) then that is another black mark. Granted, some of that may be due to others at the club but its a shambolic state of affairs

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pretzel said:

I know the forward position is more pressing atm but I see Danny Wilson is on the verge of joining Queens Park, he might have been a decent addition to shore up the back but then again we have plenty options there. 

We haven't a Mary's prayer chance of signing him! 😜

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Not a kettlewell boo boy but if we cant sign 1 striker in the window to replace/compliment or even give competition to the only striker we have (who was signed as a 3rd option prospect) then that is another black mark. Granted, some of that may be due to others at the club but its a shambolic state of affairs

Read the post above...

45 minutes ago, pretzel said:

I wanted him aswell think he'd be perfect in the middle of the 3

1 hour ago, thewelllfan said:

tbf mate 

i'm quite happy with that we have some poor players on the wage bill atm.

Ideally I'd keep

Casey

Mcginn

Miller

Davor

Spittal

Bair

Gent permanent

And maybe Kelly if he starts performing to the levels we know he can consistently

wait and see on the new signings.

I don't think we are far off at all from my post after that one.
4 of them are contracted along with Paton and Blaney

BUT I missed someone so we are up to 8 including Halliday......Ross Tierney

58 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Not a black mark against him in my view. He's not responsible for the state the club is in. He's been trying his hardest to get a striker signed 

13 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

I don't think we are far off at all from my post after that one.
4 of them are contracted along with Paton and Blaney

BUT I missed someone so we are up to 8 including Halliday......Ross Tierney

I personally think Paton is a decent player and I would like to think we would be looking at keeping him 

Spending the window clearing the dross options we had in order to make space and free up cash only to sign heehaw would be up there as one of the most embarrassing things weve done in recent times. 

In before a last-minute panic buy of an absolute nae user.

2 hours ago, pretzel said:

More to the point, how in the name of all that is holy is he only 32? 

• David locked this topic