2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

3 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Apparently we are out of the running for KVV according to Graeme McGarry as St Midden and Killie are offering double the money.

I just dont see how they could pay double, more then fair enough but if those 2 teams are paying double then we are in a worse state than we thought

10 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Apparently we are out of the running for KVV according to Graeme McGarry as St Midden and Killie are offering double the money.

Apparently we can now offer him Jack Vale’s money as well though 😳

11 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

If this is true it could push SK over the edge 🤣

Screenshot_20240201_163537_WhatsApp.jpg

has there been some new change in the rules to how loans work recently or something? Never seen this much drama around loans before.

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

Apparently we can now offer him Jack Vale’s money as well though 😳

Lets hope its just one of those crazy twitter rumours but with how our luck is going it wouldn't surprise me....................either that or the fella will twist his ankle warming up and be out for a month

11 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

I just dont see how they could pay double, more then fair enough but if those 2 teams are paying double then we are in a worse state than we thought

It's a question for the club to answer. Not the fact we didn't get him , that's fair enough but clubs if a similar size being able to offer double something very iffy if true.

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

It's a question for the club to answer. Not the fact we didn't get him , that's fair enough but clubs if a similar size being able to offer double something very iffy if true.

Totally agree, especially as we are running so light on bodies that we could offer a decent amount.

I just dont see how a similar size club can offer a weekly wage thats 100% more than we are able to do.

I will put it out there, say our board grew a pair and stumped up the wages for a 4 month loan for KVV could it create disharmony in dressing room as he will be on loads more than next highest earner? You would hope not but ye never know

Just now, grizzlyg said:

I will put it out there, say our board grew a pair and stumped up the wages for a 4 month loan for KVV could it create disharmony in dressing room as he will be on loads more than next highest earner? You would hope not but ye never know

That could said for any club though

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I knew that Killie & St.Mirren would be able to offer more money but double? Seriously? If that’s the case then we are well and truly fucked as a top flight club to be honest. 

And if (I stress IF) the rumours about Vale are true then it would be the most horrendous twist yet in this awful season for us. If KvV signs for fucking St.Mirren on the same night that our latest uninspiring loan recruit goes elsewhere without kicking a ball for us then it would be an absolute embarrassment for us as well as a massive boot in the balls.

Seriously, get this season in the fucking bin!

Killie and St Mirren are blowing us out of the water financially apparently. We've released God knows how many players, have the smallest squad and paying our main striker to date Peanuts.  Is our CEO penny pinching and risking a relegation on balancing a budget sheet? Fans are already disinterested and falling away. The club needs a boost of some sorts, not another boot in the Nether regions.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

I knew that Killie & St.Mirren would be able to offer more money but double? Seriously? If that’s the case then we are well and truly fucked as a top flight club to be honest. 

And if (I stress IF) the rumours about Vale are true then it would be the most horrendous twist yet in this awful season for us. If KvV signs for fucking St.Mirren on the same night that our latest uninspiring loan recruit goes elsewhere without kicking a ball for us then it would be an absolute embarrassment for us as well as a massive boot in the balls.

Seriously, get this season in the fucking bin!

I wouldn't say it was an embarrassment.  Not much club can do if Blackburn boot us in the baws and KVV goes to a club that are willing to fork out wages on a par with their early 90's when they had victor, Archibald and Tomas Stickroth.

Let's just wait and see how things develop 

• Like 1

Just now, grizzlyg said:

I wouldn't say it was an embarrassment.  Not much club can do if Blackburn boot us in the baws and KVV goes to a club that are willing to fork out wages on a par with their early 90's when they had victor, Archibald and Tomas Stickroth.

Let's just wait and see how things develop 

I agree. 

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Dont think thats going to happen unfortunately as according to one of the resident stattos over on P&B  you're only allowed one loan player from another SPL club so as we've apparently retained the registration of Montgomery and not cancelled the loan, we can't get anyone else on loan from Celtic.

If any chance we can get Forrest then cancel Montgomery loan. 

He is out for 3 months and then would take a few weeks to get fit.....so basically end of season 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Not much club can do if Blackburn boot us in the baws and KVV goes to a club that are willing to fork out wages on a par with their early 90's when they had victor, Archibald and Tomas Stickroth.

But how are they able to do that? Aren't St Mirren fan owned? Just like us?

• David locked this topic