2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

That's correct. You are right.

I think what we can take away is they spent 1.4 million less than us in salaries.

We lost a million, they broke even and just wait until we publish 2023 in line with them.

We lost a million because Bellend Burrows decided to flatten the pitch as a vanity project.

2 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Again your not wrong but as I've guessed at earlier I think accounts are going to be grim reading for last season.
So I think the board will not budge and do this two years in a row to save our season.

Well. We had to pay off Alexander and Hammell. Of course that's going to be a factor. 

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We lost a million because Bellend Burrows decided to flatten the pitch as a vanity project.

Half and Half I'd say this and salaries.  Although one year out in comparison - later this month we can compare like for like.

Turnover : 5.5 MILLION (St Mirren had same)

WAGES: 5.2 MILLION (St Mirren 3.8)

Other OPERATING EXPENSES: 2.1 MILLION (this is where the pitch comes into play - and savings here would have cut the million loss)

1 hour ago, Mccus28 said:

I just dont see how they could pay double, more then fair enough but if those 2 teams are paying double then we are in a worse state than we thought

Kilmarnock have had over 27,000 more fans through their turnstiles this season than we have.

At 25 quid a head that's well over half a million pounds and more than enough to pay twice our wage cap.

The charity thing looks like a typical third sector scam where the charity get funding from the Scottish Government then spend it on services provided by St Mirren. 

Middle class people bumping third sector money is the second biggest industry in Scotland after drug dealing so St Mirren could do well out of this.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The charity thing looks like a typical third sector scam where the charity get funding from the Scottish Government then spend it on services provided by St Mirren. 

Middle class people bumping third sector money is the second biggest industry in Scotland after drug dealing so St Mirren could do well out of this.

And they're based in Paisley so the drug dealing is probably pretty lucrative too.

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Kilmarnock have had over 27,000 more fans through their turnstiles this season than we have.

At 25 quid a head that's well over half a million pounds and more than enough to pay twice our wage cap.

Right now they have 31 first team players and we have 22 so I don't agree with you.

The number difference alone more than makes up for the wage discrepancy

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

And they're based in Paisley so the drug dealing is probably pretty lucrative too.

I don't know anything about this Paisley mob but the biggest drug dealing operation in Scotland was run out of a Glasgow City Council funded youth centre for years so nothing would surprise me. 

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

St Mirren's attendances are as fake as Aberdeen and Celtics. They are counting empty seats. 

I Keep hearing this pish all the time their attendance are fake. Produce the slightest evidence that the case, same with the push all their tickets are freebies.. produce the evidence . You only need to look at their games on TV the ground their ground holds 8000 and it's regularly three quarters full. 

1 minute ago, Mccus28 said:

Right now they have 31 first team players and we have 22 so I don't agree with you.

Ok Killie Accounts!

Due the same day as Motherwell this month.
They lost 1.8 million in the season they won the D1 title.
Running a wage bill of 3million. Still pretty hefty.
Have a high list of creditors and borrowed 1 million from Scottish government.
More difficult to decipher until later this month and the accounts of the return to the SPL.
My gut is if Billy Bowie wants something then he will put the money in.

23 minutes ago, steelboy said:

They are a charity. They can't give St Mirren money. 

So how come they can purchase 27.5% of the Clubs Shares? 

The answer is that Charities such as Kibble are allowed to invest funds on the basis that the kids they look after receive a direct benefit as a result. They have a working Partnership with St Mirren that benefits both parties. They also provide additional support in non playing areas that is of mutual benefit. Basically they are paying for a service, which as a by product provides benefits to Saint Mirren and reduces their own outgoings. 

1 minute ago, Mccus28 said:

Not including signings since the weekend we've had 37 first team players on our books to Kilmarnock's 28.

Obviously a lot of ours have been moved on but still.

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I Keep hearing this pish all the time their attendance are fake. Produce the slightest evidence that the case, same with the push all their tickets are freebies.. produce the evidence . You only need to look at their games on TV the ground their ground holds 8000 and it's regularly three quarters full. 

The home stands are never 3/4 full when they play the Old Firm on TV or we went there in the Cup. It didn't look that full when we played them in the league either. 

They have multiple games a season where the away stand is practically empty and to make up for that the home stands would have to be rammed all the time considering the capacity is only 8000.

10 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

If this is true and he really is on 10K a week, no wonder we're not competing. We can use 6k a week better elsewhere. In the meantime one of those two will be helping Gronigen pay off the fee they are due us.

https://twitter.com/Scoabin88/status/1753100536352772280/photo/1

There's a bit of discussion/speculation further down about what we pay players. As much as I rate big Kev we really can't afford to break the bank for him. Obviously he wants his current wages matching and we can't do it 

3 minutes ago, dennyc said:

So how come they can purchase 27.5% of the Clubs Shares? 

The answer is that Charities such as Kibble are allowed to invest funds on the basis that the kids they look after receive a direct benefit as a result. They have a working Partnership with St Mirren that benefits both parties. They also provide additional support in non playing areas that is of mutual benefit. Basically they are paying for a service, which as a by product provides benefits to Saint Mirren and reduces their own outgoings. 

Aye as I said it's a scam.

41 million a year to help poor kids in Paisley and you can guarantee most of the people who run it will be driving Range Rovers or BMWs. 

56 minutes ago, dennyc said:

They are owned by a fan group, but only to the extent of 51%. So not like us. A local Charity....Kibble who look after kids I think.....also bought just over 25% of shares with the rest being privately owned.

So technically fan owned, but a bit like the Norwegian model we discussed whereby local Companies/Individuals enter into a Partnership Agreement.. Helping to fund various non football playing aspects of the Business. Perhaps that frees up funds for transfer business or perhaps the other investors contribute? They actually had less Members than the Well Society at last count but their model would appear to provide a better operating balance. I think....but not certain....that most German Clubs are 51% fan owned which also allows scope for that outside investment. Red Bull upset that applecart and that is why most fans/clubs detest them.

Our problem could be that the fans own too many shares, leaving no scope for outside investment. Whatever, they would look to be in a healthier position than we are. 

I think that is true but there are at least two exceptions - Stuttgart who are owned by Mercedes and Wolfsburg owned by Volkswagen.

3 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

BBC reporting 

Rangers full-back Adam Devine - grandson of Scottish singing legend Sydney Devine - could be heading out on loan to either Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

The right back we already signed must be shite. So we have SOD, the Kiwi and possibly this guy plus McGinn can play there. 

5 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

BBC reporting 

Rangers full-back Adam Devine - grandson of Scottish singing legend Sydney Devine - could be heading out on loan to either Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

West Ham sing "I'm forever blowing bubbles", we will be singing "Tinnnnnyyyyy Bubbbblllesssssss"

• Haha 1

Just now, steelboy said:

The right back we already signed must be shite. So we have SOD, the Kiwi and possibly this guy plus McGinn can play there. 

My brother who has a season ticket at Ibrox says he can play either side. Phrase used was 

"Played a few games there under Beale. Didn't look out of place"

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye as I said it's a scam.

41 million a year to help poor kids in Paisley and you can guarantee most of the people who run it will be driving Range Rovers or BMWs. 

??? If they want it run well, like any business then they need to employee good people and thus they 100% WILL pay decent wages so Im a bit confused as to the point you are making??

On top of the fact that its nothing to do with transfer speculation then again im confused as to why you posted it........

• David locked this topic