Motherwell v Dundee United 15/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

59 minutes ago, MJC said:

They outbattled us in the middle and frustrated us, the same as they did in the 0-0 game after our initial dominant spell that day. We didn’t exactly cut them open at will on Saturday, we had chances, yes, but they played the game well against us.

I dont disagree with that. But nullify means to cancel out or stop any opportunities we could create. 

Im not entirely certain that Kettlewell wasnt quite happy to allow them to have a lot of tge ball on Saturday and try and hit them on the break, confident in the knowledge that they are a bit powderpuff up front and unlikely to harm us if we defended in numbers.

I thought that it looked a decent plan for the most part as the game should have been out of sight by half time. 

We were still definitely short of the standards we have maintained of late and could/should have made better use of the ball at times, but we werent miles off it. An extra 5-10% and we win that game.

Anyway, all semantics. We didnt win the game and need to use it as a reminder that we are not good enough to drop our standards even 5% because this is what happens.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I dont disagree with that. But nullify means to cancel out or stop any opportunities we could create. 

Im not entirely certain that Kettlewell wasnt quite happy to allow them to have a lot of tge ball on Saturday and try and hit them on the break, confident in the knowledge that they are a bit powderpuff up front and unlikely to harm us if we defended in numbers.

I thought that it looked a decent plan for the most part as the game should have been out of sight by half time. 

We were still definitely short of the standards we have maintained of late and could/should have made better use of the ball at times, but we werent miles off it. An extra 5-10% and we win that game.

Anyway, all semantics. We didnt win the game and need to use it as a reminder that we are not good enough to drop our standards even 5% because this is what happens.....

A good objective view

Something we don't often see on here