Motherwell v Dundee United 15/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, MJC said:

We’ve been pretty flat all day, we can’t complain about losing this.

Granted we've not been great but Utd have been pretty poor too. Bar the 5 minutes of madness its been pretty even. 

Squandering chances when you're on top rarely ends well but I don't agree we deserve to be behind. 

2 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Granted we've not been great but Utd have been pretty poor too. Bar the 5 minutes of madness its been pretty even. 

Squandering chances when you're on top rarely ends well but I don't agree we deserve to be behind. 

It’s a game between two poor sides but that’s when the fine margins matter. We have been wasteful with the chances we have had and lacklustre all over the park. Utd have clearly been the better side over then piece.

The sad and frustrating thing is that it was obvious as soon as they made it 1-1 that we were losing today and even though it’s not finished yet you just know that we aren’t going to get back in it.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

It’s a game between two poor sides but that’s when the fine margins matter. We have been wasteful with the chances we have had and lacklustre all over the park. Utd have clearly been the better side over then piece.

The sad and frustrating thing is that it was obvious as soon as they made it 1-1 that we were losing today and even though it’s not finished yet you just know that we aren’t going to get back in it.

I don't agree Utd have been the better side or that it's obvious we were losing today when it went 1 - 1. 

A very rare bit off good link up play led to the 2nd and we've upped it since then. 

If Utd hold on it will be frustrating but to suggest it was a foregone conclusion is nonsense. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pepper said:

I don't agree Utd have been the better side or that it's obvious we were losing today when it went 1 - 1. 

A very rare bit off good link up play led to the 2nd and we've upped it since then. 

If Utd hold on it will be frustrating but to suggest it was a foregone conclusion is nonsense. 

Sometimes you can just see it coming. Today was one of them.

I can't believe we have sat in and defended virtually the whole game. Inviting Dundee Utd onto you is ridiculous. Van Veen was doing his nut screaming at the midfield to push up but they kept looking across to SK who was indicating for them to sit deep...why?

We only started to play any decent attacking football when we were 2-1 down. 

I truly do not understand why we went from playing attacking football every game since SK came in to deciding to sit in and defend the biggest majority of the game?. It does not suit our players or setup and Furlong and Johnston were caught out numerous times down the flanks.

We look far more composed and in control when we attack, beyond comprehension.