Motherwell v Dundee United 15/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

If we lose then we are only 8 points ahead and have to play them again after the split.

Ā 

We are in great form, favourites to win and I am confident of us getting three points. It's not a must win game, but it absolutely is a must not lose game!

A win more or less guarantees survival so we should go into this one with complete confidence and the bit between our teeth.

Dundee Utd have scored 5 goals in the last 9 matches from open play.Ā  We've scored 14.

Dundee Utd haven't kept a clean sheet in 2023.Ā  We've kept 3 from our last 6.

Ā 

• Like 1

We owe them for the theft of a point last time they came to ours. And KVV will have a score to settle having missed the penalty. Add in Ya Bezzers stats and we should have too much for them.

2-0 Motherwell and another KVV brace!

I certainly didn't see anything in their game yesterday that concerns me.

In particular, they are pretty ropey in defence.

We'll need to keep our performance levels up, of course, but assuming we do I think it will be another good day at the office as we restrict their winning streak to one-in-a-row.

Ā 

I have a feeling we will win and Hibs/Livi will lose, Making our last game vs Celtic all the more heartbreaking. If we do by some miracle make top 6 i stand by what i said and will wear a mankini to our first game after the split. Utd scraped a win against Hibs on the weekend so im going with 3-1 us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

I have a feeling we will win and Hibs/Livi will lose, Making our last game vs Celtic all the more heartbreaking. If we do by some miracle make top 6 i stand by what i said and will wear a mankini to our first game after the split. Utd scraped a win against Hibs on the weekend so im going with 3-1 us.

Is the mankini claret and amber?

6 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Its bright amber so i should still blend in with the rest of the supporters šŸ‘Œ

I think you should design next season's home strip. At least you appear to recognise that a Motherwell home kit should be mostly amber, even if it is a mankini.

Saying that any coloured mankini would be better than this year's kit so...

55 minutes ago, MJC said:

I think you should design next season's home strip. At least you appear to recognise that a Motherwell home kit should be mostly amber, even if it is a mankini.

Agreed, Dont know if its the very worst home kit we have ever had but its definitely a contender, And if we win on Saturday as well as Livi/Hibs losing il dig it out and try it on šŸ™

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Chanzeypopz said:

Something I wouldn't want to miss! Better start looking up flights into Glasgow just in case....

On 4/10/2023 at 7:25 AM, MJC said:

Have a bad feeling about this one.

0-2

I just cant help remembering the game when St Mirren had to win at Motherwell to have any chance of staying up. We were 2-0 up and they beat us 3-2. John Sutton destroying us. I am kinda hopeful but being Motherwell I would not be surprised in the slightest if they beat us.

26 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I just cant help remembering the game when St Mirren had to win at Motherwell to have any chance of staying up. We were 2-0 up and they beat us 3-2. John Sutton destroying us. I am kinda hopeful but being Motherwell I would not be surprised in the slightest if they beat us.

The reason you remember that one is because it was unusual.

All the times we've beaten teams at the bottom of the league pre and post split are more easily forgettable.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

I like this seasons kit.

Im just delighted we wont be relegated in it.

I can now banish some childhood memories!

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Us making an arse of ourselves is unusual ???? are you new to supporting MotherwellĀ šŸ˜‰šŸ˜

Us regularly beating teams at the bottom of the league isn't unusual. Even this season when we were mince we beat Ross County and Dundee Utd away.

Of course teams fighting for their lives can win games, but they don't win that many. That's why they are at the bottom of the league.

And because a team fighting for their life beats us once out of four or five matches doesn't mean it always happens and it's the Motherwell way etc. etc.

It's hardly making an arse of yourself when a relegation candidate pulls out all the stops for survival. I expected it when we have been in trouble and I expect it from every basement team we play.

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I think Mandron (le french Crawford Baptie)Ā  was wearing a mankini on Saturday underneath his strip judging by the way he wa running! Lol

I seriously don't think he is fully fit, he looked like he was towing a caravan every time he ran, slower than a week in the jail.

• Like 1