New kit for 2023/24

MJC

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Appreciate the need to take slattery off and replace with blaney .

I’d like to see mckinstry come on for spittal 

Aye, this season's kit hasn't suited Slattery too well, looks good on Blaney though.

• Haha 2

On 5/3/2023 at 6:23 PM, MJC said:

So with only five games left of us having to endure this seasons ridiculously bad home kit and with all kits now at half price, it’s safe to assume that we will be bringing a new kit out in the summer.

Obviously everyone has their own views on what our home kit should be like but for me we should be keeping it simple. A mostly Amber shirt with a claret band and trimmings and mostly amber shorts and both colours represented on the socks. I don’t see how that is difficult, no nonsense, no ‘out the box and different’ just go with our unique and vintage home colours and deliver us a proper Motherwell FC home kit.

I suspect we may well see a mostly Claret away kit next season as it’s been a few years since we’ve had that and as long as it’s done right then I wouldn’t be against that, as long as we only wore it when there was an obvious colour clash and not in every away game like we did with the 18/19 version.

What’s everyone’s views?

See, it’s all about taste. I’m not a fan of your favourite recent kit  (the 17/18 ”Kipre”) but I really really like this seasons kit and the one before it. The only thing I don’t like about this years is the slim and unflattering fit on a middle age man with bit of middle aged podge. Sadly,  this is a recurring Macron issue.

I don’t subscribe to the “it must be a whole hoop” or “white shorts are our history” arguments. My fan history (from early/mid 80s) is of some really good experimentation (with the obvious exception of the Jester of course). With our colours being unique to us, that is how it should be.

7 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Or the black kit 

I didnt like the black kit as it felt more like a training kit. However, I do think a black away kit with the appropriate amount of claret and amber trim or bands would look smart. Something similar to the turquoise kit but in black would work well.

15 hours ago, weeyin said:

Always looked good on this guy

982dd03b339e6cd473d60ba77004bd46.jpg

garymcallister.jpg

To be fair that kit is a lot nicer than the one we currently have. The back matches the front and it doesn’t have the hideous un matching trims between the top and the shorts. 

15 hours ago, Gadgey said:

The only thing I don’t like about this years is the slim and unflattering fit on a middle age man with bit of middle aged podge. Sadly,  this is a recurring Macron issue.

That has been the case with most of the Macron kits I’ve found but in fairness they are designed for professional athletes with toned physiques as opposed your average 30s/40s/50s y/o punter.

The last few years I’ve found opting for the next size up from what I usually take has helped a bit in that regard.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

That has been the case with most of the Macron kits I’ve found but in fairness they are designed for professional athletes with toned physiques as opposed your average 30s/40s/50s y/o punter.

The kit they make for the clubs is, but no reason the replicas they sell in the shops couldn't be tailored a little more generously.

12 hours ago, MJC said:

The last few years I’ve found opting for the next size up from what I usually take has helped a bit in that regard.

I coach youth football at a club who has Macron from the first team right through to U7s and even their training gear is really unforgiving. For all shirts, I’m an Adidas and Nike size M and an XL in Macron. 

The only the trouble is that unless I tuck the shirt in, all I need is a night cap and I’m wee Willy winky 😜 

The hoop/band has been present in most home kits for the past 20 years apart from this season and sash kit 2015/16

hopefully will continue next season …..I prefer white shorts but not fussed if they are amber or claret

claret has been used most over the past 10 years   Couple of seasons in amber and 3 white……possibly back to amber ???

Hopefully something like the Puma 125 anniversary kit would suit a traditionalist like myself 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gadgey said:

I coach youth football at a club who has Macron from the first team right through to U7s and even their training gear is really unforgiving. For all shirts, I’m an Adidas and Nike size M and an XL in Macron. 

The only the trouble is that unless I tuck the shirt in, all I need is a night cap and I’m wee Willy winky 😜 

I can certainly relate to that but it’s more comfortable than it clinging to your belly.

9 minutes ago, mio said:

I see macron have produced a belter of a dundee kit for next season. Has some Dundee tartan on it. I’d add a link on here but I’m technically inept to do so. Quite like them to do the same with us.

You're right, it's quite nice:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/03/dundee-fc-23-24-home-kit-released.html?m=

Screenshot_20230508-135049.png

• Thanks 1

All about cost/profit no doubt. If Macron had a template and could guarantee a certain number of sales it would be worth their time.

I see, as a club, Boca has 315,000 members - so a bit more likely to shift the volumes required to make a nice profit.

Although I have been happy with Macron as a supplier, I'd be delighted to see us sign with Adidas again at some point.