New kit for 2023/24

MJC

17 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

Fine, I don't care what they think either, but the problem being, they come to Fir Park and what will they do to the seating etc in that stand. We just open a can of worms by naively choosing that strip and giving these idiots something to moan about. I agree its only a football strip to us, but not to them, going by some of the comments I've seen on social media.

Clearly you do. They need no reason to destroy our seating having already done it - and guess what, we weren't wearing a "sash" strip. Wonder what reason Dundee United fans had to do similar at the last game of last season - strips have nothing to do with it. They're just fucking c..ts

1 hour ago, yosemite sam said:

……but the problem being, they come to Fir Park and what will they do to the seating etc in that stand….

Same as they and their arse cheek twins always do which is smash some of them up and their club will do what they always do by paying to get the damage fixed - it what Celtic and Rangers do

Honestly, some of the patter in this thread is cringeworthy.

The very notion that our kit designer and our club should take anything a group of laddies who bang a drum and wave flags in a corner of Parkhead think about our kit into account when making a commercial decision is absolute madness.

That these guys actually take up enough space in Motherwell fans heads to even be a factor is mental. Honestly, who cares what they think? Or what they say? All this "we're just giving them a reason..." nonsense? You don't think they already have a million reasons in their deluded minds as to why we're all "secretly" Rangers fans? While the blue version of them in the other half of the city has their own little takes of those same reasons to think we're all "secretly" Celtic fans who hate "the Rangers."

Interestingly, I come from a family that rests firmly on the green side of the divide. A fair number of Celtic fans, with absolutely no one making any kind of connection with our strip and anything untoward. Not a single peep from anyone. 

This is a case of a very small minority on social media making a racket, as is usually the case.

It's bollocks, and that Motherwell fans are even giving a shit is astounding. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

That's what I call an away strip, not the horrible one we have.

We have certainly left ourselves open to the bigots in our west of Scotland society. Imagine going to Ceptic and wearing our away strip. The Green brigade will have a field day. Right up their street to peddle their intolerance and hatred.

A sad day indeed.

6 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

Fine, I don't care what they think either, but the problem being, they come to Fir Park and what will they do to the seating etc in that stand. We just open a can of worms by naively choosing that strip and giving these idiots something to moan about. I agree its only a football strip to us, but not to them, going by some of the comments I've seen on social media.

It’s attitudes like this that empower Celtic and the victim mentality which they and alot of their supporters have and use to their advantage to bully and manipulate everyone in Scottish football and society to get what they want. What they think/don’t think/want/don’t want/like/don’t like should have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what design of strip we have.

And I’m sorry, but you clearly DO care what they think, otherwise why even mention the green brigade “having a field day” etc?

• Like 1

This forum beggars belief at times. I can't believe debate about strip. I looked at it and not once did I think there was anything to report. When I saw the top all I could think of was mid 70's and the goals we scored.

I couldn't care less about the Green Brigade, a support that are no position to comment on anybody.  Surely if that is case they will be delighted with our home strip as it has a hoop!! Lol

Think enough been said and we move on.  COYW

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

This forum beggars belief at times. I can't believe debate about strip. I looked at it and not once did I think there was anything to report.

It’s just a sad reflection of Scottish society to be honest, not just our support. There’s too much fear and cowing of Celtic and obsession of Rangers and far too much credence is given to both of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MJC said:

It’s just a sad reflection of Scottish society to be honest, not just our support. There’s too much fear and cowing of Celtic and obsession of Rangers and far too much credence is given to both of them.

Now that is the first thing you’ve said in a while that I can agree with.

You do still need to chill a bit though man. No point getting so vexed about sh1t that’s outside of your span of control.

Same goes for all those who are seemingly unhappy with the new away kit. 

Buy it. Don’t buy it. That is our (fans) span of control. 

Leave all the hating to those muppets who don’t have the intelligence to see beyond a bigoted herd mentality.

We all chose Motherwell because we are better than that !!!

9 hours ago, Gadgey said:

Leave all the hating to those muppets who don’t have the intelligence to see beyond a bigoted herd mentality.

We all chose Motherwell because we are better than that !!!

I take your point and tbh I probably do need to chill a bit.

My issue on this subject is that it's not Celtic & Rangers fans who are making comments and associating the kit to bigotry, it's Motherwell fans. Some of the absolute nonsense posted on here and more especially Twitter since the kit was revealed has been downright pathetic and it's sad that I and others feel the need to defend the club to some of our OWN supporters. It's one thing getting that crap from Celtic/Rangers fans who are tied up in their own deluded worlds, but when Motherwell fans come out with the same crap is tragic imo.

The club and the kit manufacturer have done absolutely nothing wrong here. You can like the kit design or you can hate it but to suggest that they are in the wrong because the kit associates us with the Orange order?? Suffering fuck!

It’s embarrassing this is even a thing it’s a f-cking Motherwell kit that has nothing to do with whatever is being talked about it.I am embarrassed for the people that even talked about it in that way.

This obsession non old firm fans have with the old firm and everything to do with them is the problem they talk about with so much passion i actually question who they follow.

Time to move on and hopefully folk can grow up a wee bit leave the hate to the narrow minded.

No interest in what the Green Brigade or their pals from across the city think,  they are both truly pathetic with their constant conspiracies .  No wonder so many hate them .  

I stated at the time the new top is totally fine by me ,  I was a fan of last seasons home top and know there were plenty of people glad to see the back of it.  

There is definitely an issue in the West of Scotland Society where people in general have to link everybody and everything with either one club or the other .  

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Tartan_Special said:

No sign of that any time soon as the society have announced fan suggestions for 24/25 kit using Macrons custom kit app.

I know and the suggestions shared so far show why it was a wild shout from the Society!

On 8/26/2023 at 11:45 PM, SteelmaninOZ said:

Took a wee while but our away top the one with the amber sash and claret top is starting to look good to me, along with the current home shorts.

It’s good to be different 🤗

Someone said Amber shorts 🩳 with a Claret stripe down each leg might work 🤔