League Cup 2023/24 Discussion Thread

Toxteth O'Grady

On 6/28/2023 at 11:09 PM, Lord Tanamo said:

My uncle lives near Elgin, av been up there many times. Anyone need any info, please just ask. 

The ground is ½mile from town centre, but prob 2miles from train station(40mins from Inverness or 90mins from Aberdeen). 

Any tips on where to stay overnight Saturday. Choice online very limited, either pricey I need twin beds, taking my adult grandson. So far Fochabers or Forres only choices.

9 hours ago, Villageman said:

Any tips on where to stay overnight Saturday. Choice online very limited, either pricey I need twin beds, taking my adult grandson. So far Fochabers or Forres only choices.

It’s busy season in a fairly busy tourist area. Forres would get my vote.

Decent rail links nowadays and the station is definitely under a mile via town centre.

6 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Does anyone else have issues trying to buy tickets on the website? It reserves my seats for the home cup games which I have been trying to buy but at the final stage when I press process it just blinks and goes back to the start.

Had bother with the site on a cohple of occasions, When i click view basket it just took me back to the main page and i ended up having to call the office. Happend on my phone and computer 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Had bother with the site on a cohple of occasions, When i click view basket it just took me back to the main page and i ended up having to call the office. Happend on my phone and computer 🤷‍♀️

Thank you. Yeah, that's what is happening to me as well I'll just pop into the ticket office instead.

Apparently that Viaplay channel are having some issues according some tabloid reports and they might consider pulling out of Scottish Football. Loved BT Sports coverage of the league cup in the past, would love it if we could go back down that avenue but I'm sure they have also rebranded or will be soon.

9 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Apparently that Viaplay channel are having some issues according some tabloid reports and they might consider pulling out of Scottish Football. Loved BT Sports coverage of the league cup in the past, would love it if we could go back down that avenue but I'm sure they have also rebranded or will be soon.

They are in the process of changing their name to TNT sports, new presenters, slick new look etc.. no idea when the official launch is.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

They are in the process of changing their name to TNT sports, new presenters, slick new look etc.. no idea when the official launch is.

From today, according to the Herald.

I know it's a different situation in the UK because they are basically just rebranding BT Sport, but I'm not a fan of TNT's coverage in the US. Too much excruciatingly bad banter in the studio.

3 hours ago, pretzel said:

Good i hope they shut it down then we all may get to see scotland game on live tv , like england on channel 4 ,rather than paying for the privilege. 

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

From today, according to the Herald.

I know it's a different situation in the UK because they are basically just rebranding BT Sport, but I'm not a fan of TNT's coverage in the US. Too much excruciatingly bad banter in the studio.

Think I will apply then to be a pundit....must be a shoe in!! Lol

• Haha 1

Interesting lineup tonight.

Oxborough gets the nod in goals, Souare starts as does Ferrie, McGinn and Lamie.

Some bold moves there and I hope they don’t backfire on us as they so often have in the past when we start pissing around with lineups in Cup ties. These games as important as winning can be the difference between being seeded or non seeded for the last 16.

It’ll be interesting to see what Oxborough can do for us and also we get the chance to see what our latest signing can offer.

23 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Ferrie starts up front. 

I wonder if Wilkinson isn't keen to play on plastic due to his injury record?

Perhaps, though he is on the bench so you’d have to imagine that we will be seeing him at some point tonight. 

Think this is going to be a tight one.

15 minutes ago, Mortonhallwell said:

No sign of Efford again. Is he injured?

I would assume so. His contract was up in May and was quietly extended to next year. If it is the case then hopefully nothing serious. Obviously Shields is India bound so isn't in the lineup again but Tierney drops out all together tonight.

42 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Maybe he can't play due to his footwear as you maybe aren't allowed blades on that pitch!!

This did not get the recognition that it deserves!