Cup game Motherwell v East Fife 29/07/2023

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, David said:

On a separate note, I see the club has said that the match against East Fife will be audio-only for all MFCTV subscribers. Wonder why there isn't a stream?

That sucks. We have the tech to show home games and we were able to show it last week, so can't be a capability or legal thing.  The worst thing about our streams is the bloody audio too.

Just now, fizoxy said:

That sucks. We have the tech to show home games and we were able to show it last week, so can't be a capability or legal thing.  The worst thing about our streams is the bloody audio too.

I noticed that there was a test screen on the home page this morning, so maybe it'll change by tomorrow. Hopefully, it will.

1 minute ago, David said:

And the way to win a move away from a club is by pretending you're injured and not playing any games? Will that attract potential suitors?

It's just a hunch, and it would be naive to suggest that agents aren't crafty when it comes to engineering situations when a player is unhappy. Perhaps a potential suitor is already waiting back home. But as I said, just a hunch. 

Just now, wellfan said:

It's just a hunch, and it would be naive to suggest that agents aren't crafty when it comes to engineering situations when a player is unhappy. Perhaps a potential suitor is already waiting back home. But as I said, just a hunch. 

I think people are reading way more into this than there is. The club has shown that if a player wants a move, they'll happily facilitate it. If Efford is looking to leave, I don't think he needs to feign injury to do it.

Any potential suitor willing to meet the conditions set by the club will be accommodated, and let's be honest here, it's Joe Efford we're talking about, not Kylian Mbappe. If he does want to leave, it'll be for a minimal fee (if any), so I don't see why he'd need to do what some are suggesting.

3 hours ago, David said:

On a separate note, I see the club has said that the match against East Fife will be audio-only for all MFCTV subscribers. Wonder why there isn't a stream?

I presume its because Viaplay have paid for the rights and wont allow the club to broadcast them.

Its been the same for most of our games since last season.

Only the exiles get to see livestream as they are outwith the licensing agreement. The rest of us have to make do with audio.

Its a bit shit, but not a lot the club can do about it as they dont negotiate the contract.

31 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I presume its because Viaplay have paid for the rights and wont allow the club to broadcast them.

Its been the same for most of our games since last season.

Only the exiles get to see livestream as they are outwith the licensing agreement. The rest of us have to make do with audio.

Its a bit shit, but not a lot the club can do about it as they dont negotiate the contract.

They showed last weeks game to international subscribers, but it's audio only for us tomorrow too. Elgin also broadcast our game there on ppv, so I'm guessing the issue is technical rather than legal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Just a reminder folks about tomorrow.... please no booing of anyone wearing the Mighty claret and Amber.  Let's get behind all the lads... COYW 

Yes mother. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, smiddy said:

dont get me started  on that barsteward      not just a wage thief,   but a feckin wage thief with a potential career ending injury ,,,,,, hees still feckin stealin wages at cove ,    TOSSER

He's old news bud, don't let it get to you 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, David said:

I believe the club streams the BBC, BT Sport(TNT) or Sky live feed being sent back to the studio. If Viaplay doesn't have a live feed at Fir Park then we're out of luck.

• Like 2

Wilkinson and Ferrie up front should be fine. In that situation Wilkinson is the hold up player and Ferrie the foil. As long as we get support from Spittal and Slattery getting into the box we should still have enough to get the job done. We just need to keep the door shut at the back. It was failing to do that, that killed us at QoS.