• Blair Spittal
    • Callum Slattery
    • Conor Wilkinson
    • Theo Bair
    • Pape Souaré
    • Nathan McGinley
    • Joe Efford

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2023 at 02:00 PM

Lots of good performances today.

Bevis, Casey & McGinn all looked excellent, especially in the first half.

Thelonious had a good first half as did Wilkinson.

Spittal had a good game, but MOTM for me was Slattery.

Great close control on a wet pitch, some lovely interplay with his team mates and he kept running right to the end. 

Hopefully he can maintain that level throughout the season.

Went for "contract year" Slattery. All three midfielders had decent games, but I thought he influenced things a bit more. I'm enjoying Miller while we have him, he's a very tidy player.

I didn't think anyone was particularly bad, but it does look like Casey is going to be afforded more mistakes than some others in our lineup. Hopefully a couple more games gets him back up to full speed. As with the rest of the lineup, there's no lack of effort there.

Hopefully Biereth has some pace, as we have plenty of work rate up front, but we still need a cutting edge.

6 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Went for "contract year" Slattery. All three midfielders had decent games, but I thought he influenced things a bit more. I'm enjoying Miller while we have him, he's a very tidy player.

I didn't think anyone was particularly bad, but it does look like Casey is going to be afforded more mistakes than some others in our lineup. Hopefully a couple more games gets him back up to full speed. As with the rest of the lineup, there's no lack of effort there.

Hopefully Biereth has some pace, as we have plenty of work rate up front, but we still need a cutting edge.

Was going to like this, but Ive run out for the day! Why does it do that? 😆

I think Caseys attitude buys him a lot of favour. Sure he makes mistakes, but he is an absolute unit and just loves putting his body on the line to defend.

Thought Bevis looked a lot more solid yesterday alongside him and McGinn. He did well given how the ball was holding up. Very easy to make a mistake.

If Mugabi or O'Donnell had made some of the mistakes Casey has made so far this season this place would have exploded. He's got out of jail a few times after getting out of position or making some terrible slack passes in dangerous areas.

I'm happy to have him in the side overall, but it does show how some players avoid the scrutiny and criticism heaped onto others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

If Mugabi or O'Donnell had made some of the mistakes Casey has made so far this season this place would have exploded. He's got out of jail a few times after getting out of position or making some terrible slack passes in dangerous areas.

I'm happy to have him in the side overall, but it does show how some players avoid the scrutiny and criticism heaped onto others.

Watching Casey without Butcher is like watching Kipré and Dunne without Aldred or Hartley. He seems to need an organiser alongside him...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Watching Casey without Butcher is like watching Kipré and Dunne without Aldred or Hartley. He seems to need an organiser alongside him...

That's very true. And in the absence of Butcher is something Kelly needs to take charge of. 

I'm not a big fan of keepers being captains, but I am a fan of them keeping their defence in check.