Motherwell v Aberdeen 01/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I think it’s perfectly clear the realists among us knew that going into the season with the forward line we acquired it always had the potential of being a shocker.

My late Gran had more bite with her false teeth out than this crop of Forwards so so poor.

Exactly. Any side losing a 29 goal striker was always going to struggle to replace him. When that same side replaces him with an injury prone loanee and the 4 horse men then they are more than likely going to be bang in trouble. And we absolutely are bang in trouble. 

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

Exactly. Any side losing a 29 goal striker was always going to struggle to replace him. When that same side replaces him with an injury prone loanee and the 4 horse men then they are more than likely going to be bang in trouble. And we absolutely are bang in trouble. 

Too true,we were never going to sign a 29 goal a season striker,we only need a couple of competent ones that could share a decent goal return between them but other than biereith we signed absolute guff and we're now relying on him coming off the bench to keep digging us out a hole.

I've been offline for a while, but I'm not surprised to see so many after the manager's head. It's been happening regularly now for a few years. So my question is, who's been responsible for finding these next managers, and what's the reason for so many failures? A supplementary question would be how is Robinson doing so well with St. Mirren? It seems to me there must be as much responsibility higher up that perpetuates where we seem to be heading again this year.

5 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

So my question is, who's been responsible for finding these next managers, and what's the reason for so many failures?

We do seem to be a bit of a mess at the decision-making level and that's been much discussed on this forum since before Burrows left. 

but I'm not surprised to see so many after the manager's head.

This isn't a problem unique to Motherwell. It's pervasive across football now and managers all know that they're one bad run away from a sacking. 

A supplementary question would be how is Robinson doing so well with St. Mirren? It seems to me there must be as much responsibility higher up that perpetuates where we seem to be heading again this year.

There may be a number of reasons why, but our clubs mentality (we’re just a wee club punching way….etc etc) has a great deal to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

We were solid defensively at the start of the season for the first few games 😔 What happend

Our luck ran out. Killie outplayed us at Fir Park, Hearts had an off day at Tynecastle and luck shone on us in both games but we soon got found out.

We are a poor, poor side.