St Johnstone v Motherwell 07/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

At the end of the day, its a game of football. Why a few bad results, when we were playing well, should suddenly impact experienced players to the extent all confidence has gone and bad result snowball is beyond me.

Two crosses into the six yard box, and we lose two goals. 

Maybe instead of trying to walk the ball into the net, have a few attempts at goal from outside the area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

True but nes no inspired leader himself

And yet, he seemed to lift them when he came in. As others have said, they reacted well when Hammell came in too, then reverted to type. God help the next guy if he doesn't clear some of them out.

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Yep.   Can't afford to pay off another manager.   It's the impostors wearing the jersey that need binned

If Craig Levein was our manager they wouldn’t get away with turning in so many gutless, clueless performances.

Just saying.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

If Craig Levein was our manager they wouldn’t get away with turning in so many gutless, clueless performances.

Just saying.

Yep....they would perform well for 3 months then just drop levels like they did for Hammell and SK.

My anger is with players rather than SK.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep....they would perform well for 3 months then just drop levels like they did for Hammell and SK.

My anger is with players rather than SK.   

But the fact that the same core of players have seemingly downed tools for Alexander, Hammell and now Kettlewell would suggest that they are being allowed to do so somehow? And that to me points to weak management. I don’t think for a minute that if Craig Levein was in charge that they would get away with that kind of attitude. 

13 minutes ago, wellman said:

Certainly not anywhere near the worst player for us tonight 

That may be true but he offers very little, especially going forward. We have the pace and dynamism of Spencer on one side and O'Donnell running through quicksand on the other coupled with the fact his passing is woeful.

Just now, MJC said:

But the fact that the same core of players have seemingly downed tools for Alexander, Hammell and now Kettlewell would suggest that they are being allowed to do so somehow? And that to me points to weak management. I don’t think for a minute that if Craig Levein was in charge that they would get away with that kind of attitude. 

Probably can't handle criticism, pampered too much.