St Johnstone v Motherwell 07/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

If Craig Levein was our manager they wouldn’t get away with turning in so many gutless, clueless performances.

Just saying.

Is that cos hes ex Hearts , i hear you like them a lot ❤️

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

But the fact that the same core of players have seemingly downed tools for Alexander, Hammell and now Kettlewell would suggest that they are being allowed to do so somehow? And that to me points to weak management. I don’t think for a minute that if Craig Levein was in charge that they would get away with that kind of attitude. 

Let's be honest, we don't have a big enough squad for any manager to drop all those who deserve it. You could blame Kettlewell for letting so many guys go out on loan, but even then, would Levein fill a team with development boys? I doubt he'll have much wriggle room at St Johnstone either if they return to the effort they put in for McLean.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

I don’t think for a minute that if Craig Levein was in charge that they would get away with that kind of attitude. 

Hearts didn't do very well with Levein in charge.

Mugabi got dropped for cos he's not a 'favourite' while Casey gives away goals every week.

We play 3 or 1 up front when virtually every striker in our squad is better suited to playing in a 2, except maybe Bair.

O'Donnell was given a new contract why?  We were shite virtually every time he was in the team last season.  Johnston coming in as a first team player or a sub improved us massively every time.  Connect the dots.

Our entire tactically set up is based on Slattery and Spittal never being off form.

2 minutes ago, stv said:

Is that cos hes ex Hearts , i hear you like them a lot ❤️

No it’s because he is a proven solid manager at our level who has a reputation of taking no shite and knows how to organise his teams.

1 minute ago, Yodo said:

Neil Lennon cmon down 

That’s never going to happen. We would never be able to match his wage demands and even if we did our mentality and outlook as a club would put him off straight away. Love him or hate him Neil Lennon is a winner and wants to be involved with clubs who share his outlook. We don’t, so that’s why he will never come near us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Our entire tactically set up is based on Slattery and Spittal never being off form.

The Old Firm struggle to break teams down in our league sometimes yet Kettlewell seemed to think he could play through Slattery and Spittal for 38 games. 

It's the equivalent of budgeting to get a 5 team coupon every Saturday to pay your bills. 

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

No it’s because he is a proven solid manager at our level who has a reputation of taking no shite and knows how to organise his teams.

That’s never going to happen. We would never be able to match his wage demands and even if we did our mentality and outlook as a club would put him off straight away. Love him or hate him Neil Lennon is a winner and wants to be involved with clubs who share his outlook. We don’t, so that’s why he will never come near us.

Should we then assume clubs with a winning outlook don't want to be involved with Lennon, given his employment status? Or has he been knocking them back because he's really only interested in Celtic?

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Love him or hate him Neil Lennon is a winner and wants to be involved with clubs who share his outlook. We don’t, so that’s why he will never come near us.

He's a mentally ill alcoholic with multiple accusations of domestic abuse against him. He's probably not getting any better offers.