• Theo Bair
    • Brodie Spencer
    • Oli Shaw
    • Jon Obika
    • Bevis Mugabi
    • Georgie Gent
    • VAR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 03:00 PM

Spittal was a fish out of water playing left mid in the first half. Bringing on Spencer in the second made a difference. And bringing on Gent to let Spencer play on the right was even better. 

I'd be looking to start with Gent on the left and Spencer on the right to see how that goes. 

Those 2 were the ones for me that actually did something today, so I make Spencer my MOTM. 

The defence is still terrible and I actually think we're missing Mugabi's presence in the air. 

Just now, weeyin said:

Only if you ignore all the 23 times in the first half he gave Kingsley a free run with the ball on the right wing. 

He was much better in the 2nd half when he switched sides. 

He was given far too much to do and played out of position, guy was blowing out his arse.

1 hour ago, Tamwell said:

He was given far too much to do and played out of position, guy was blowing out his arse.

Btw weeyin, I hate playing this card, but I’m a season ticket holder in the East stand so was in a great position to view his first half performance , that boy covered more blades of grass than any one else in that first half. His output was phenomenal and should be held up as an example of what we need right now. The fact he was played out of position and expected to cover so much ground is down to the tactical decisions made. He is MOTM for well, there’s no doubt.

Casey done his best on the left side of a back three if I remember correctly? So maybe we give Casey another chance and go back to a 3-5-2 Doesn’t have Bevis but I don’t recall us giving up goals so easily? 

McGinn Butcher Casey

Spencer Paton Slattery Spittal Gent

Beireth  Obika 

or maybe 4-5-1

McGinn Bevis Butcher Casey

Spencer Paton Slattery Spittal Gent

Beireth

whatever he picks I think we need 5 in midfielD AND we need to keep our shape and stay connected to the 1 or 2 playing forward. Long balls are ok now and again but we need to give the forward players crosses, cut backs and through balls. SK had us playing well as a team keeping our shape and moving/transitioning back and forth between defense and attack. Looks like he has panicked now and reverted to hoof ball for Beireth to chase and we are all over the place with bugs gap all over the place. As someone mentioned get back to basics and tweak it from there!