Celtic v Motherwell 25/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

19 minutes ago, well_said said:

I think a lot of us were hoodwinked into thinking he was a good keeper because of the incompetents before him , when it turns out he is only average , and getting picked for Scotland squads are the result of no one else available and Clarke must think this also given the number of minutes he played recently.

I can only assume Liam Kelly pissed on your Christmas tree in the past. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

Mugabi back in from the start, SO’D starts again. As if it wasn’t going to be hard enough today.

On the plus side Biereth starts.

Butcher must be pushed in midfield.  Otherwise it's a 6-3-1  type formation . 

Hoping it's 3-2-4-1 or 5-4-1 depending how we need to flex.    Which I have no issue with ,given our current squad it's about as strong as we have. 

We need width . I'm lost to why we don't just play Spencer on the right and Gent on the left.  

Just now, wellsince75 said:

Butcher must be pushed in midfield.  Otherwise it's a 6-3-1  type formation . 

Hoping it's 3-5-1 or 5-3-1 depending how we need to flex.    Which I have no issue with ,given our current squad it's about as strong as we have. 

I hope none of the latter as we are only playing with 10 men then!! 🤪🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will wait and see how this lines up before making any judgement. But at least its not 4-3-3 with 2 strikers in wide areas, and if as suspected Butcher is in midfield, at least its something different.

5 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Will wait and see how this lines up before making any judgement. But at least its not 4-3-3 with 2 strikers in wide areas, and if as suspected Butcher is in midfield, at least its something different.

agree - if we had 2 decent strikers I'm sure we'd play with 2 but we don't 

Butcher should add a bit more dig in midfield which for me is the weak area of the pitch, teams have breezed through our core recently and hoping bit Butcher will halt them in their tracks.  

As we are playing Celtic away it’s of no consequence at all but if ever there was a team selection designed to get a manager the sack, this is it.

Should be going 4-4-2 with Spencer & Gent at full-back with Casey and Blaney at centre-back. Midfield of Butcher + perm any 3 and 2 up front Biereth & Obika.

Obviously learned zilch from the Hearts game when Spencer went to right-back and Gent came on at left-back. We looked much better balanced, had pace on the flanks, and played better and with a bit of fortune, might have saved the game.

2 minutes ago, El Grew said:

As we are playing Celtic away it’s of no consequence at all but if ever there was a team selection designed to get a manager the sack, this is it.

Should be going 4-4-2 with Spencer & Gent at full-back with Casey and Blaney at centre-back. Midfield of Butcher + perm any 3 and 2 up front Biereth & Obika.

Obviously learned zilch from the Hearts game when Spencer went to right-back and Gent came on at left-back. We looked much better balanced, had pace on the flanks, and played better and with a bit of fortune, might have saved the game.

Going 4-4-2 with Blaney and Casey would be suicide. Have you seen the goals we've lost recently from corners ?

You've never seen Gent play for more than a sub appearance and have no idea what he's like defensively, especially when under pressure.