Celtic v Motherwell 25/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Surely SK cant line up 3-4-3 in this one?

If he sets us up solid in a 5-4-1 with Biereth up top and the fabled diamond in midfield and Gent and Spencer in the wing back positions we may stand a chance of scraping a draw or at least avoiding a hiding.

If he sets up like the last 2 games it could be a silly score.

Hopefully the international break has given some time for reflection......

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to Celtic v Motherwell 25/11/2023

It would be more Motherwell-ish if we put up a good performance for a narrow defeat in this one and then get humped 4 - 1 against Dundee the following week.

All I'm looking for here is a better overall shape and focus on good defending. Will certainly be getting plenty of chances to practice.

heres an oweman not to go on sat, ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  my son picked his ticket up for the game on sat on his way home from work , takes working clothes off at the washing machine, mum whats for dinner , geez a minute son am just putting your clothes in the washing machine,ย ย ย ย ย ย  has a shower, eats his dinner, then plonks his fat arse on ma chair to watch shity you tubers,ย ย ย ย  then the look on his coupon when his mum shouts " son whats all this paper stuff coming out the washing machine""ย  ffs a nearly pished maself laughing when he realised what aw the paper was ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

I predict we get absolutely scudded by Celtic and Kettlewell gets the sack and we all fume at the board for not doing it at the start of the international break and instead waiting for the inevitable Celtic pumping as if that was some sort of surprise.ย 

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

I predict we get absolutely scudded by Celtic and Kettlewell gets the sack and we all fume at the board for not doing it at the start of the international break and instead waiting for the inevitable Celtic pumping as if that was some sort of surprise.ย 

Half of that prediction could easily come to pass.ย 
ย 

suspect SK has until Xmas at minimumย 

19 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Half of that prediction could easily come to pass.ย 
ย 

suspect SK has until Xmas at minimumย 

then the window opens,ย  we get rid of shaw and wilkinson, put there 2 wages together,ย  and .big sexy kev rides into FPย  and saves SKs job we stay upย ย ย ย  the end

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smiddy said:

then the window opens,ย  we get rid of shaw and wilkinson, put there 2 wages together,ย  and .big sexy kev rides into FPย  and saves SKs job we stay upย ย ย ย  the end

As good as it would be to get big Kev back, its clear that despite only having 1 good striker, scoring goals is not our issue. We leaked 9 goals in November alone. That doesnt include the 3 County took off us. As good as having Mika & Big Kev together would be, its not stopping the rot at the back

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

As good as it would be to get big Kev back, its clear that despite only having 1 good striker, scoring goals is not our issue. We leaked 9 goals in November alone. That doesnt include the 3 County took off us. As good as having Mika & Big Kev together would be, its not stopping the rot at the back

What we desperately needs is to score first in a game. Continually having to come from behind when they're on a run like this is just piling more pressure on the whole team, back and front.

4 hours ago, Big Stall said:

As good as having Mika & Big Kev together would be, its not stopping the rot at the back

I'd argue that the rot at the back is in part due to the players being completely scunnered with bursting their arses for weeks and the strikers failing to deliver. A human can only continue to put in effort on their part without reward in the other related part before the natural drop-off begins, which we're now deep into. It's a confidence game, which we desperately need up top to allow us to hit teams hard and first. Some of the defenders still need to give themselves a shake, however.ย 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I'd argue that the rot at the back is in part due to the players being completely scunnered with bursting their arses for weeks and the strikers failing to deliver. A human can only continue to put in effort on their part without reward in the other related part before the natural drop-off begins, which we're now deep into. It's a confidence game, which we desperately need up top to allow us to hit teams hard and first. Some of the defenders still need to give themselves a shake, however.ย 

Perhaps also playing in front of a goalkeeper who doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

18 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I am still in the stick with SK camp.ย  Yes it's a brutal run but hopefully he can learn from his mistakes and get us back on a winning streak though I am writing Saturday off.ย  ย If we got KVV ( which I doubt) imagine him and Mika as a double actย 

What a double act that would beย :clapping:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

Yes, that's also an issue. But what's caused Kelly's form to fall off a cliff?

I think a lot of us were hoodwinked into thinking he was a good keeper because of the incompetents before him , when it turns out he is only average , and getting picked for Scotland squads are the result of no one else available and Clarke must think this also given the number of minutes he played recently.

• Confused 1