• Blair Spittal
    • Callum Slattery
    • Mika Biereth
    • Theo Bair
    • Harry Paton
    • Jonathan Obika
    • Calum Butcher

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/2024 at 03:00 PM

No idea what happened in this one as I'm at work today.

I'll assume it was a great/terrible/ok result in a game that we should have won/should have lost/deserved to draw and that we're still struggling/back on track/definitely going down.

Make your choice...

Bit of a mixed bag today as a number of players did some very good tgings, but the same players also made some poor mistakes.

I went for Davor, because despite some of our fans thinking he was out of his depth, he clearly wasnt. His attitude is first class and he does a lot of simple things well.

Made less errors than Bevis, Gent, Spittal or Paton who would have been the other contenders imho.

Strange one today, thought Gent played really well when at the game, however would seem strange to give him mom when his direct opponent scored twice! 

Went for Mike for another 2 assist, the first of which was a touch of class.

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Gent for me.

Funny that him and Davor have both been great since coming in, changes that were only made out of necessity…

And yet experienced professionals in our team have had a go at both of them in matches recently for mistakes made . The same experienced professionals that have been responsible in the main for our results this season.

6 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Gent for me.

Funny that him and Davor have both been great since coming in, changes that were only made out of necessity…

Or that were made when the players were ready.

When Davor first appeared he looked slow and out of his depth. Admittedly only with limited first team game time.

When Gent first appeared he did well going forward providing decent crosses, but was woefully short defensively.

Both players now look much improved in all areas and now deserve their place in the team.

On 1/3/2024 at 11:51 AM, dennyc said:

Or that were made when the players were ready.

I could get behind that if they weren't changes made out of necessity. If he rested Paton one week and brought in Davor then fair doos. If he'd decided he had had enough of O'Donnell launching ball after ball after ball after ball into the channel to absolutely fucking nobody and dropped him in favour of Spencer on his natural side and Gent in the LWB position then I could get behind it, but the fact is he had to play Gent. He had to play Davor. They've both come in and done excellently, far better than those that were there before them, and now suddenly it's a managerial masterstroke of waiting until "they were both ready"? What does that even mean anyway? Has Georgie Gent suddenly become ready for the pishest SPFL in years by facing none of the wingers we have in training?

They have been put in the team out of necessity, it is nothing to do with them suddenly being ready. Don't let Kettlewell convince you otherwise. He's a Scottish Baraclough.

14 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I could get behind that if they weren't changes made out of necessity. If he rested Paton one week and brought in Davor then fair doos. If he'd decided he had had enough of O'Donnell launching ball after ball after ball after ball into the channel to absolutely fucking nobody and dropped him in favour of Spencer on his natural side and Gent in the LWB position then I could get behind it, but the fact is he had to play Gent. He had to play Davor. They've both come in and done excellently, far better than those that were there before them, and now suddenly it's a managerial masterstroke of waiting until "they were both ready"? What does that even mean anyway? Has Georgie Gent suddenly become ready for the pishest SPFL in years by facing none of the wingers we have in training?

They have been put in the team out of necessity, it is nothing to do with them suddenly being ready. Don't let Kettlewell convince you otherwise. He's a Scottish Baraclough.

Makes a change to see someone praising his signings.

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Don't let Kettlewell convince you otherwise. He's a Scottish Baraclough.

Kettlewell did not convince me one way or the other.

My comments were based on what I witnessed for myself. I don't think either Davor or Gent performed that well when they were first introduced (as per the part of my comment you did not quote} but have performed much better after their reintroduction and so deserve their first team place for now.