​🏆​SC Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Mootherwell86 said:

You leave anol then and stop greeting 👍🏼

Thats shite patter, A total of 6 or 7 posts on the forum and your learning to be a fud quite quickly, have a look at yourself ffs.🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Wasn’t sure about posting tonight, but we deserved to lose. Kettlewell completely out fought by Imrie. Totally embarrassing performance. Might post a more in depth analysis tomorrow, but I’ll probably move on with my life. Shite.

Oh dear, These forums have gotten pretty sour tonight. I mean obviously its a stinker being put out the cup by a championship team and yes Liam Kelly did have a howler but we would have most likely drawn Celtic or Rangers in the next round anyway. Lets not start squabbling and throwing our toys out the pram. Our game on Tuesday clearly took its toll on some of our players fitness this evening and Morton were a well fought, Dirty team flying high. 

• Thanks 1

We were passive against a team at home and high in confidence,we beat a county team in the week that would struggle in championship,we can't deal with teams that get in about us,leaking  goals is guaranteed wether through individual errors or opposition quality that's why we beat County,they were the most subservient team I've seen this season,set pieces deary me,obviously players are not heeding instructions from training ground, talking that's what we practice.obviously league survival is priority, the future I ain't got a clue.

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Thats shite patter, A total of 6 or 7 posts on the forum and your learning to be a fud quite quickly, have a look at yourself ffs.🤦‍♂️

It's horrible on here just now. I've been singled out by a few posters on here over the last few weeks and each time they've got really personal. I don't care whether people agree with me or dont agree with me but i dont do that to anyone. That's twice in the last two weeks I've been told to get off this forum. Whatever. I'd never do that to anyone. I'd never make someone so uncomfortable on here that they don't want to post on here again. 

Just now, Chanzeypopz said:

Oh dear, These forums have gotten pretty sour tonight. I mean obviously its a stinker being put out the cup by a championship team and yes Liam Kelly did have a howler but we would have most likely drawn Celtic or Rangers in the next round anyway. Lets not start squabbling and throwing our toys out the pram. Our game om Tuesday clearly clearly took its toll on some of our players fitness this evening and Morton were a well fought, Dirty team flying high. 

Well said. Predictable negative comments. And yes ugly sisters still in cup. 😊👍 We moved on.

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

It's horrible on here just now. I've been singled out by a few posters on here over the last few weeks and each time they've got really personal. I don't care whether people agree with me or dont agree with me but i dont do that to anyone. That's twice in the last two weeks I've been told to get off this forum. Whatever. I'd never do that to anyone. 

You always post intelligent views. Don't let them get to you. And we can also let moderators know 

3 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Oh dear, These forums have gotten pretty sour tonight. I mean obviously its a stinker being put out the cup by a championship team and yes Liam Kelly did have a howler but we would have most likely drawn Celtic or Rangers in the next round anyway. Lets not start squabbling and throwing our toys out the pram. Our game on Tuesday clearly took its toll on some of our players fitness this evening and Morton were a well fought, Dirty team flying high. 

The aim was to draw one of the Mould Firm in the next round especially away as this would have been a financial lifeline. 

3 minutes ago, Mootherwell86 said:

Maybe by the time I’ve made 4572 posts I’ll be as much of a fud as you. 

You've made your point. There are people behind the keyboard. 

I'm not a fud. I'm actually a decent human being who loves my club as much as the next person. 

2 minutes ago, Tamwell said:

Wasn’t sure about posting tonight, but we deserved to lose. Kettlewell completely out fought by Imrie. Totally embarrassing performance. Might post a more in depth analysis tomorrow, but I’ll probably move on with my life. Shite.

If the players carried out Kettlewell's instructions then he should be sacked but somehow I don't think playing ineffective head tennis on the half way line for 5 minutes at a time was the game plan.

Players need to take responsibility for being gutless, garbage and showing no quality whatsoever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Oh dear, These forums have gotten pretty sour tonight. I mean obviously its a stinker being put out the cup by a championship team and yes Liam Kelly did have a howler but we would have most likely drawn Celtic or Rangers in the next round anyway. Lets not start squabbling and throwing our toys out the pram. Our game om Tuesday clearly clearly took its toll on some of our players fitness this evening and Morton were a well fought, Dirty team flying high. 

Took its toll on a team that would struggle in championship,no dont accept that,ffs how many shots on target did we have,we were well and truly shafted,they bullied us,outfought us and basically said fuck you,come ahead and see how tough we are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

It's horrible on here just now. I've been singled out by a few posters on here over the last few weeks and each time they've got really personal. I don't care whether people agree with me or dont agree with me but i dont do that to anyone. That's twice in the last two weeks I've been told to get off this forum. Whatever. I'd never do that to anyone. I'd never make someone so uncomfortable on here that they don't want to post on here again. 

Learn to recognise the fuds on here and just ignore them as they only post shite looking for a reaction, when the team is doing well they are nowhere to be seen and only appear after a bad result, 

We can blame the manager all we want but sometimes the players on the pitch need to be held accountable,that was a fairly experienced team we had out there tonight and we had the same culprits hitting aimless punts up the park to nobody,these guys train with bair everyday,did the really think he would have any joy with the service he got tonight,especially in the first half.take mugabi no matter how much time he has on the ball he still can't find a team mate.no responsibility or leadership throughout tonight and thats not all at the managers door.

3 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Yes but to the fans that usually means we're out.

We weren't going much further in the Cup anyway so getting some decent finance into our skint club would have been very welcome. Financially tonight is a disaster because we will will not receive any further Cup income.

6 minutes ago, Benson said:

We were passive against a team at home and high in confidence,we beat a county team in the week that would struggle in championship,we can't deal with teams that get in about us,leaking  goals is guaranteed wether through individual errors or opposition quality.

That's it for me. The team lacks character, especially in midfield. Talent alone will only get you so far. For starters, a keeper, any keeper, should not be captain. We lack an Ally Mauchlen or Colin O'Neill type in the middle. Any big physical striker, however agricultural can upset our rearguard. 

11 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

There is more good folk on here than bad, keep posting your views.

39 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'm in tears at the moment. I do get it. Sorry if I didn't word it to everyone's satisfaction 

I am getting to be an old man now, so my passion is not what it once was for the football but I would say that the football is not worthy of tears. It is too much emotion invested in a group of footballers who will often let you down. I understand the frustration though.

I think you have provided a really good balance to some of the negativity on the forum in recent weeks but the team has let us down tonight. 

Nothing to do with ability. Motherwell were the better footballing side. They just did not want it enough. A lack of fight is hard to defend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's it for me. The team lacks character, especially in midfield. Talent alone will only get you so far. For starters, a keeper, any keeper, should not be captain. We lack an Ally Mauchlen or Colin O'Neill type in the middle. Any big physical striker, however agricultural can upset our rearguard. 

Have never seen a big mouthed moaner,even butcher seems to have quietened down 

11 minutes ago, Mortonhallwell said:

The aim was to draw one of the Mould Firm in the next round especially away as this would have been a financial lifeline. 

You would prefer playing one of the old firm teams in the next round rather than run into them in a quarter or semi final lol ? Ok

1 minute ago, star sail said:

I am getting to be an old man now, so my passion is not what it once was for the football but I would say that the football is not worthy of tears. It is too much emotional invested in a group of footballers who will often let you down. I understand the frustration though.

I think you have provided a really good balance to some of the negativity on the forum in recent weeks but the team has let us down tonight. 

Nothing to do with ability. Motherwell were the better footballing side. They just did not want it enough. A lack of fight is hard to defend.

Thank you 

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Learn to recognise the fuds on here and just ignore them as they only post shite looking for a reaction, when the team is doing well they are nowhere to be seen and only appear after a bad result, .

I’ve not once called for Kettlewells head in a run that’s been absolutely horrific. I completely understand he’s working under difficult circumstance.

We turned up tonight flat footed, lethargic and completely unprepared for what was to come. It was unprofessional and unacceptable. Some of the players mentioned in my first post are on their 4th manager and have let us down for years.

Pair of you are holier than thou’ super fans though. Well done.