โ€‹๐Ÿ†โ€‹SC Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Now on the night before on the ninthย and on the telly bbc

I am confident that we will win this one. Wonโ€™t be easy it will be played like a typical blood and snotter Scottish Cup game.ย 
So whoโ€™s up for it?

She wore She Woreย 

A good away day for the travelling support. Hopefully this is played at 3pm on the Saturday and weโ€™ll take a good number through there and fill out the โ€˜Wee Dublinโ€™ end with the big crane behind it.ย 
ย 

Wonโ€™t be an easy game though, weโ€™re not good enough to expect it to be easy against a Championship side especially away from home. Hopefully we will have some reinforcements up front by the time this comes around but I wonโ€™t hold my breath on that one.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

A good away day for the travelling support. Hopefully this is played at 3pm on the Saturday and weโ€™ll take a good number through there and fill out the โ€˜Wee Dublinโ€™ end with the big crane behind it.ย 
ย 

Wonโ€™t be an easy game though, weโ€™re not good enough to expect it to be easy against a Championship side especially away from home. Hopefully we will have some reinforcements up front by the time this comes around but I wonโ€™t hold my breath on that one.

Agree with that.

A quick right back and a couple of strikers would be most welcome. Ideally another midfielder, but we can get by there and at centre half with what we have if needs be.

Still be a difficult game.regardless of who we bring in.

39 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

If we make it through it will be a tough quarter final draw, most likely all premier league teams. But letโ€™s focus on Morton game first.ย 

Considering that Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock have all effectively got byes to the Quarters then thatโ€™s a given unfortunately. It will be very difficult bordering on impossible for us to get any further than the last eight but thereโ€™s no guarantee that weโ€™ll get past Morton. This tie could well be 2024โ€™s and Kettlewellโ€™s Raith Rovers.

54 minutes ago, weeyin said:

My prediction for this game is that it will rain.ย 

whit !! in greenockย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  neverย ย ย  ffs man it rains in greenock in the middle of summer,ย  wee yin yiv been oot the country for to long, in fact there throwing snow balls at the orange walk in shotts ,

5 hours ago, MJC said:

Considering that Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock have all effectively got byes to the Quarters then thatโ€™s a given unfortunately. It will be very difficult bordering on impossible for us to get any further than the last eight but thereโ€™s no guarantee that weโ€™ll get past Morton. This tie could well be 2024โ€™s and Kettlewellโ€™s Raith Rovers.

ย 

ย 

ย 

image.jpeg

ย 

• Haha 1

Would be the most boring cup in football if lower league teams never beat higher league opposition.

In England, the FA Cup throws up those kind of results every season. Even teams like Man City have suffered that fate in recent times.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

ย 

Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Official Lyric Video) / Monty Python

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-q9xeOgG4

ย 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:20 PM, MJC said:

Well, given that we were going to get put out on penalties at the weekend then any stay of execution is a good thing. It also gets more money in the coffers

On 1/22/2024 at 8:20 PM, MJC said:

Results in the St Johnstone, Killie and Ross County league games will determine whether there's any chance of another Raith Rovers.

• Like 1

Not much recovery time from relegation battle on the Tuesday with our already threadbare squad, but is what it is - at the mercy of TV!

BBC obviously fancying Morton for the upset, hopefully both clubs price this reasonable given its Friday night on TV so we can take a big support with us!ย 

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Still expect us to take a large support

We probably will but it will be lower than the number we would take had it been played at 1500 on the Saturday. And with one less day to prepare after the Ross County home game then it is less than ideal for us.

23 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Still expect us to take a large support

Live on council telly, the weather will be shite as usual, and the tickets will no doubt not be reduced, add in travel hassle/ cost , aye live games on council telly really encourage people to go to games.

The away support will be OK but nowhere near as good if the game was not on the BBC.

On 1/22/2024 at 8:16 AM, SteelmaninOZ said:

Whenever the game gets played as the date is still to be determined.

Much to my dismay, it's just been set for the evening of Friday 9 Feb.

Nothing will convince me that these cup games shouldn't be at 3 pm on a Saturday to maximise fan turnout.ย 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Nothing will convince me that these cup games shouldn't be at 3 pm on a Saturday to maximise fan turnout.ย 

100% agree.ย 

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

It is rubbish to a degree and I don't have a TV so I obviously won't be watching it but speaking as someone who hasn't always had the money to go and watch Motherwell I don't think it's a bad thing that the game is being televised. I don't go to away games because I'm skint and the only games I go to apart from at Fir Park are if we get to a cup semi final or final.ย 

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to โ€‹๐Ÿ†โ€‹SC Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024

Got my shift covered for it and got the tickets today hate that itโ€™s not a Saturday at 3 as I use my annual leave and switch shifts to make as many as I can but hopefully some tv money helps out. I hope we put in a big performance here and our new striker scores a hat trick. Come on the well

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to ๐Ÿ†SC 5th Rnd Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024