2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

Lennon Miller is just 17 and looks as though he has a very good career in front of him.

However, media hacks and pundits suggesting that the OF clubs should think about signing him is disgraceful. The same clowns always bemoan how uncompetitive the league is yet as soon as any decent players appear on the scene at other clubs they start touting them.

I just hope him and his dad don’t get carried away only to have his career ruined like many others before him. If he keeps progressing he can set his sights much higher than Ibrox or Parkhead.

2 minutes ago, El Grew said:

I just hope him and his dad don’t get carried away only to have his career ruined like many others before him. If he keeps progressing he can set his sights much higher than Ibrox or Parkhead.

You know that won't happen though, the 1st big offer he gets offering him a major increase in cash etc from a top side if that ever happens he'll be Away.

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Lennon Miller is just 17 and looks as though he has a very good career in front of him.

However, media hacks and pundits suggesting that the OF clubs should think about signing him is disgraceful. The same clowns always bemoan how uncompetitive the league is yet as soon as any decent players appear on the scene at other clubs they start touting them.

Faddy cut that prick Mulgrew short on that suggestion - "behave - let him grow" I think was his retort.

3 hours ago, El Grew said:

Spiderpig, regrettably you are probably right.

Im not sure he is on this one.

Ive heard Lee Miller interviewed on this and he stated that it was more important for Lennon to be getting first team football at this stage of his career to allow him to develop. His attitude was that the money will come.

Of course we would have to wait and see how far that could be tested, but I dont think he will be off at the first offer.

It would be nice to see us improve his terms at the end of the season with a little bit longer on his contract to provide us with some protection. On the understanding that a significant fee would trigger a release clause.

No guarantee he would sign, but you have to show the kid how much we value him.

25 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im not sure he is on this one.

Ive heard Lee Miller interviewed on this and he stated that it was more important for Lennon to be getting first team football at this stage of his career to allow him to develop. His attitude was that the money will come.

Of course we would have to wait and see how far that could be tested, but I dont think he will be off at the first offer.

It would be nice to see us improve his terms at the end of the season with a little bit longer on his contract to provide us with some protection. On the understanding that a significant fee would trigger a release clause.

No guarantee he would sign, but you have to show the kid how much we value him.

I would love for him to stay for a few more years, but being a selling club is our business model, so if we ever get an offer we can't refuse for him I fear the worst.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

I would love for him to stay for a few more years, but being a selling club is our business model, so if we ever get an offer we can't refuse for him I fear the worst.

Aye he wont be with us for long. Just need to enjoy him while we can and extract as much revenue for him as possible.

I think when the season is done and dusted we need some sort of analysis done on the injuries we have sustained this season. It maybe that we have just been dreadfully unlucky, but I really dont remember too many seasons as bad as this one.

When we are looking to be running with smaller squads, we really cant afford to be down to the bare bones as often as we have if we expect to remain competitive.

I remember when Les Hutchison came in there was some investment made in injury prevention. We really need to be looking at that again.

Paton will be a miss. With Halliday already injured we are going to be asking the same guys to go again and again until the end of the season. So no matter how little you rate him. It will effect the team/squad.

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think when the season is done and dusted we need some sort of analysis done on the injuries we have sustained this season. It maybe that we have just been dreadfully unlucky, but I really dont remember too many seasons as bad as this one.

When we are looking to be running with smaller squads, we really cant afford to be down to the bare bones as often as we have if we expect to remain competitive.

I remember when Les Hutchison came in there was some investment made in injury prevention. We really need to be looking at that again.

Paton will be a miss. With Halliday already injured we are going to be asking the same guys to go again and again until the end of the season. So no matter how little you rate him. It will effect the team/squad.

According to someone on Facebook this was covered at the AGM and it does seem to be bad luck. Apparently Slattery caught his studs in the turf and that's what caused his injury. I completely agree with you but I do think it has just been bad luck. 

4 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

How long is Halliday expected to be out? 

Havent seen any timescale given.

Was supposed to be a calf issue so wouldnt expect it to be a significant lay off, but its been a couple weeks already......

19 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Aye he wont be with us for long. Just need to enjoy him while we can and extract as much revenue for him as possible.

Want his great grandfather on the board at Motherwell in the 60’s/70’s ? So maybe some affection for the club to do something like Turnbull did to make sure we get as good a transfer fee as possible? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Want his great grandfather on the board at Motherwell in the 60’s/70’s ? So maybe some affection for the club to do something like Turnbull did to make sure we get as good a transfer fee as possible? 

As far as I know the whole family are Motherwell fans, so here's hoping for something like that!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 12:43 PM, El Grew said:

The media especially has a job to do, and that job is generating clicks on their articles. Among the top keywords for sport in Scotland are Celtic and Rangers, so any news they can shoehorn those clubs into, they will.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Quite literally!

11 minutes ago, witchfindergeneral said:

if he gets more chances in the first team then you'd hope so. Would SK think it's worth playing him despite how threadbare our midfield is? Maybe not until the final game of the season if we're safe.

He wasn't even on the bench on Sunday, so wouldn't anticipate seeing him any time soon. Would love to be proved wrong, though.

I guess it depends on what kind of midfielder he is; if it's a winger or wide man there's nae chance he'll get used by Ketts in his system.

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

Dylan wells . Think he will sign on?

Without knowing much about the lad, I very much doubt so, if we base our view on Stuart McKinstry, Bailey Rice and Reece MacAlear etc. When giants like Brighton come calling, many won't refuse. However maybe he'll follow the lead of David Turnbull and Lennon Miller. I really hope so.