2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I don't think he will be a bit player, Hearts are signing a proven goal scorer in the premiership a midfielder with a goal tally most strikers would love over a few seasons. For me he'll be an integral part of their team.

I think he will be. At utd he scored 8 in 82. He's a confidence player and season before last he wasn't as prolific either. Much more competition at Hearts.

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I don't think he will be a bit player, Hearts are signing a proven goal scorer in the premiership

That was also true when they signed John Sutton, so you just never know - all you can do is take an educated guess.

I have no problem with players signing pre-contracts (although I think they are a weird an unnecessary mechanism in a system that is already weird), but I think it's always best for all parties if they aren't made public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

I think he will be. At utd he scored 8 in 82. He's a confidence player and season before last he wasn't as prolific either. Much more competition at Hearts.

Spittal left Dundee United 7 years ago aged 21.

He is now 28 and in his prime footballing years.

Comparing the 2 is pointless and unfair on the player.

Given the that 7 years have elapsed and he has had 3 clubs since then its fair to say he is now much more experienced.

Hearts are clearly getting a much better player than the one United had.

As for spending the money on KVV, I think we have done that one to death. We need to maximise the value for money we can get. KVV no longer represents that due to what he now earns. Too much risk attached for the cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Given the that 7 years have elapsed and he has had 3 clubs since then its fair to say he is now much more experienced.

As for spending the money on KVV, I think we have done that one to death. We need to maximise the value for money we can get. KVV no longer represents that due to what he now earns. Too much risk attached for the cost.

Agree completely 

6 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Well said mate.

7 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The thought of season ticket money going to signing Andy Halliday for next season is a complete sickner. Him and Nicholson are both miles away from being fit enough to play in this league. 

I believe Halliday has already been signed for next season. He joined on loan for a one year deal after that. 

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I believe Halliday has already been signed for next season. He joined on loan for a one year deal after that. 

He's still a Hearts player so we can pull the deal. You can't have a guy like that in the team, he's in the Butcher/Obika zone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's still a Hearts player so we can pull the deal. You can't have a guy like that in the team, he's in the Butcher/Obika zone. 

Nonsense. As for Butcher it's well known that he's been struggling since the injury. Maybe stop hanging players out to dry because I'm not here for that. We have far worse players than Halliday. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Of course we can. The deal was that he was on loan here until the end of the season with the option of us signing him permanently from the summer onwards. We don’t have to take that option up and if he’s not fit enough then you’d certainly like to hope that we wouldn’t. I suspect he will retire from playing once this season is over anyway so it won’t be an issue.

I hope we don't sign halliday for next season and the same goes for retaining the likes of butcher and obika,no harm to them but these guys are in there 30s and there never going to get upto speed after an injury like they would have done a few years ago.with the budget the manager will be working with next season we can't afford any passengers and players that struggle to keep themselves fight from one week to the next.

1 hour ago, mfc said:

I hope we don't sign halliday for next season and the same goes for retaining the likes of butcher and obika,no harm to them but these guys are in there 30s and there never going to get upto speed after an injury like they would have done a few years ago.with the budget the manager will be working with next season we can't afford any passengers and players that struggle to keep themselves fight from one week to the next.

Ah right. So Motherwell shouldn't sign players in their 30s. Should we not have signed Tommy Coyne and Davie Cooper? 

Just now, wellgirl said:

Ah right. So Motherwell shouldn't sign players in their 30s. Should we not have signed Tommy Coyne and Davie Cooper? 

Did I say we shouldn't sign players in there 30s,the point was us not wasting our meagre resources on players we know struggle for fitness.nice comparison though,cooper and halliday 😂.

1 minute ago, mfc said:

Did I say we shouldn't sign players in there 30s,the point was us not wasting our meagre resources on players we know struggle for fitness.nice comparison though,cooper and halliday 😂.

Sit down. You're the person who brought age into it. 

10 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Nonsense 

I can only assume all the happy clapping has affected your judgment because he (and many others) was rotten today and hasn't shown anything positive since joining to suggest he isn't anything other than a pointless signing so far.