2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

39 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Now I cannae get Fleetwood Mac out of my head.

Tell me lies I like macaroni pies.. Is it only me that changes song lyrics to ridiculous ones? 🤣 (probably is the answer) 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheoBair14 said:

Charles Dunne, Alex Greive and Ryan Strain Will all leave St Mirren 

Take any of them? 

Grieve Dunne Strain sounds like one of Charles' regular injuries.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Let's hope that this is just an off night for Easton, have seen nothing to suggest he's good enough...

I work with Raith’s scout, says he has had a decent season but doesn’t think he is good enough to step up a level, also 30/31 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

I work with Raith’s scout, says he has had a decent season but doesn’t think he is good enough to step up a level, also 30/31 🤷🏻‍♂️

If that's the case, I guess it depends what we're signing him for. If it's as a direct replacement for Spittal, I'd be concerned. If it's as a squad player/impact sub on a relatively decent wage I'd probably be OK with it.

Just to put matters in a general context, I've just been speaking to a Raith Rovers fan who was at the game last night. He said that Ross County were a level above them and the gap between the the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premiership is substantial. Thats not to say the odd decent player can't make the step up.

12 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

If that's the case, I guess it depends what we're signing him for. If it's as a direct replacement for Spittal, I'd be concerned. If it's as a squad player/impact sub on a relatively decent wage I'd probably be OK with it.

He’s definitely leaving them as the boy said at training for play off games Murray wasn’t starting him as he said to the group he wouldn’t be there next season, which is strange, even if he is leaving if he is one of your best players you play him.

1 hour ago, Stevie73 said:

He’s definitely leaving them as the boy said at training for play off games Murray wasn’t starting him as he said to the group he wouldn’t be there next season, which is strange, even if he is leaving if he is one of your best players you play him.

I'm sure he's been carrying a back injury which will probably limit his playing time

35 minutes ago, wellfan97 said:

A twitter journalist linking us with Brentford goalkeeper Ellery Balcombe. Kilmarnock and St Mirren also interested.

https://x.com/GraemeBailey/status/1793931367627030692

A 6'3 goalkeeper. Sign him up.

Also seems to have played a similar amount of games at a similar level to Randolph prior to him joining.. Fingers crossed

6 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Easton won't be signing for us, Kettlewell and Frail were sitting behind me at the match last night and both left before Easton came on, so they were watching someone just not Easton!

How does that prove he won't be signing for us? If they've already made up their minds on signing him (the rumour has been around since the start of the year), they may have been watching someone else. e.g. Dąbrowski.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

How does that prove he won't be signing for us? If they've already made up their minds on signing him (the rumour has been around since the start of the year), they may have been watching someone else. e.g. Dąbrowski.

Good chance that could be the case. They'll have had a few opportunities to watch Easton this season and will have judged him beforehand rather than the 13 minutes he played last night.

43 minutes ago, wellfan97 said:

Good chance that could be the case. They'll have had a few opportunities to watch Easton this season and will have judged him beforehand rather than the 13 minutes he played last night.

Maybe watching Scott Brown.  I would happily sign him

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Maybe watching Scott Brown.  I would happily sign him

Good player but he's contracted for another year at Raith so I doubt we'd spend much to sign him and I'd imagine Raith wouldn't want to sell so unfortunately can't see it happening.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Just to put matters in a general context, I've just been speaking to a Raith Rovers fan who was at the game last night. He said that Ross County were a level above them and the gap between the the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premiership is substantial. Thats not to say the odd decent player can't make the step up.

Exactly this Ross County a poor Ross County side mind made those players look very average this obsession we have with the Raith squad nearly every player mentioned I honestly hope we set the signing bar higher than this.

Now I get it's end of the season I get it they where probably on fumes but we need a fair few pieces of quality not quantity.

• Like 1

I just don't get the Raith Rovers thing, whether it be Easton, Vaughan, Brown or Dubrowski. The outfield players are all 30 or thereabouts and have very little to absolutely no Premier League experience. I haven't seen anything to suggest they'd cut it at this level on a regular basis. As for Dubrowski, I know we're looking for a keeper who'll come off his line, but he was very lucky not to sell a goal with a brainfart charge out his box last night.

6 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Is it not possible that he was looking at a County player in the hope they go down and we could pick them up on the cheep? Just a thought. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we were. I'd take Murray from them if Bair goes but by that point he'll have signed up elsewhere. Harmon is out of contract so maybe an option at the wing back situation.

Without starting the whole “is Kelly any good” debate again it does seem as if there are promising keepers out there as genuine alternatives 

eg Teddy Sharman-Lowe just signed updated contract with Chelsea but likely to go out on loan. 

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT

Dan Casey

Shane Blaney

Andy Halliday

Harry Paton

Ross Tierney

Davor Zdravkovksi

Lennon Miller

Theo Bair

Moses Ebiye

LOAN PLAYER RETURNING TO PARENT CLUB

Georgie Gent

Adam Devine

Adam Montgomery

Oli Shaw

Jack Vale

PLAYERS DEPARTING

Callan Elliot

Calum Butcher

Barry Maguire

Blair Spittal

Liam Kelly

PLAYERS OFFERED NEW CONTRACT AND NEGOTIATING

Matty Connelly

Stephen O’Donnell

Bevis Mugabi

Callum Slattery

Sam Nicholson

PLAYERS WHO HAVE AGREED EXTENSIONS

Paul McGinn (contract until summer 2025, with option for another year)

Aston Oxborough (contract until summer 2025)

An update also on our Under 18 squad.

CONTRACT EXTENSION AGREED

Dylan Wells (contract until summer 2026)

Olly Whyte (contract until summer 2025)

Max Ross (contract until summer 2025)

Ewan Wilson (contract until summer 2025)

Mark Ferrie (contract until summer 2025)

UNDER CONTRACT

Brannan McDermott

Luca Ross

Ross Nelson

Scott Williamson

Zack Tomany

Derin Marshall

Zack Flatman

Campbell Forrest

Mikey Booth

Devon Johnston

PLAYERS DEPARTING