Hearts v Motherwell 17/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Erskine Alpha said:

3-1 to the well with a bit of VAR controversy thrown in

Not a chance we're winning this one. And yes, I do know that we won there earlier in the season but Hearts are a different animal now. They didn't even know who their manager was back then but now they've hit form and Shankland is back to his clinical best. He will run riot against our defence.

As the poster who has correctly predicted the outcome of our last five games on here (draws with St.Johnstone, Killie and Aberdeen, a win over County and a defeat in Greenock) I am confidently saying that Hearts will beat us on Saturday.

"Here I go, six in a row"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Will be our 5th game in a fortnight so SK needs to freshen it up, the one huge mistake he made for Morton game when he didn't.

Get Butcher out that defence and bring in Blaney for more balance as he is left sided and move McGinn to Right side .  Bring young Lennon back .

Kelly

McGinn.       Mugabi.       Blaney

Devine or SOD.                          Gent

Davor

Spittal.                   Miller

Bair.          Vale

cracking starting 11.     Miller and Davor sitting in holding positions allowing spittle to connect with Bair and Vale.   

Well done coach :) 

Normally would look to be at least getting a point from this but Hearts are third for a reason. Be a right difficult game to take anything out of.

Their winning spree can’t last, they have an average team with a poor manager. They do have an inform striker unfortunately so to win we need someone man marking him catenaccio style. 
id like to see oxborough thrown in, no harm to Kelly I just think he needs a rest and a reset. This I can’t see happening tho. 

43 minutes ago, MJC said:

Not a chance we're winning this one. And yes, I do know that we won there earlier in the season but Hearts are a different animal now. They didn't even know who their manager was back then but now they've hit form and Shankland is back to his clinical best. He will run riot against our defence.

As the poster who has correctly predicted the outcome of our last five games on here (draws with St.Johnstone, Killie and Aberdeen, a win over County and a defeat in Greenock) I am confidently saying that Hearts will beat us on Saturday.

"Here I go, six in a row"

Aye right, even a broken clocks correct twice a day as it's stuck on one time. Your predictions change throughout the thread. Anyway Steve, how many Scotland caps do you have??. 

14 minutes ago, mio said:

Their winning spree can’t last, they have an average team with a poor manager. They do have an inform striker unfortunately so to win we need someone man marking him catenaccio style. 
id like to see oxborough thrown in, no harm to Kelly I just think he needs a rest and a reset. This I can’t see happening tho. 

Can't beat a man marker with chocolate sprinkled over his head!!....sorry....I am thinking of cappuccino style. 😜😜

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MJC said:

We will lose. That’s the only certainty from this one.

Apart from the position that there is no certainty in football I'm surprised of your view considering we have already drawn away with Celtic , Aberdeen, Hibernian, St Mirrren and ran Rangers very close at Ibrox. Not forgetting of course we have already beaten Hearts at Tynie.

Do these results not make you feel less certain?

1 minute ago, livivoice said:

Apart from the position that there is no certainty in football I'm surprised of your view considering we have already drawn away with Celtic , Aberdeen, Hibernian, St Mirrren and ran Rangers very close at Ibrox. Not forgetting of course we have already beaten Hearts at Tynie.

I am actually happy with MJC's predictions as they are wrong a lot in our favour.... hopefully continuing on Saturday 

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

No.

Hearts are not the same side they were when we won at Tynecastle back in early September. They are in great form, they have the best striker in Scotland and they will just have too much for us.

That’s why chucking away a 3-0 lead last night was so costly because we’re now looking at back to back defeats in our next two games and the pressure on us to go to Livingston on the 28th will be cranked right up.

30 minutes ago, MJC said:

No.

Hearts are not the same side they were when we won at Tynecastle back in early September. They are in great form, they have the best striker in Scotland and they will just have too much for us.

That’s why chucking away a 3-0 lead last night was so costly because we’re now looking at back to back defeats in our next two games and the pressure on us to go to Livingston on the 28th will be cranked right up.

We drew with Celtic the last time we played them did we not? 

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

The gaffer speaks 

Seems to be blaming new players as still getting used to systems.  Ehhhh I think you will find SK it's the ones that have been here a while that have been causing problems recently.   You are manager so that's up to you to get message across.   3pts tomorrow please....COYW

27 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Seems to be blaming new players as still getting used to systems.  Ehhhh I think you will find SK it's the ones that have been here a while that have been causing problems recently.   You are manager so that's up to you to get message across.   3pts tomorrow please....COYW

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't bother posting to say that because I'd just be accused of criticism for the sake of it. Whilst one of the new boys may have been outmuscled for a goal, he also scored a goal and did relatively well for his first start. Vale was also lively and carried a threat. Blaming the new guys instead of acknowledging that your veteran defence and goalkeeper are shite is so on-brand for Kettlewell, and it'll be his undoing. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wellfan said:

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't bother posting to say that because I'd just be accused of criticism for the sake of it. Whilst one of the new boys may have been outmuscled for a goal, he also scored a goal and did relatively well for his first start. Vale was also lively and carried a threat. Blaming the new guys instead of acknowledging that your veteran defence and goalkeeper are shite is so on-brand for Kettlewell, and it'll be his undoing. 

Exactly, I give SK praise when deserved but there are times he doesn't half gibber on.   Yes young Devine at fault especially for 3rd but scored a lovely goal.  Vale looks good and Halliday will be key and a fit Nicholson.   Also maybe after signing Davor he can explain why it took about 5 months to make him a regular, wee man been great

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Also maybe after signing Davor he can explain why it took about 5 months to make him a regular, wee man been great

He should also explain why he hooks Davor and not Paton in certain games. 

• Like 1