Rangers v Motherwell 02/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

4 hours ago, Wee Dougie said:

Does this man have no shame, gloats at every defeat, predicted one here, even at half time and then has the temerity, to come on and declare his love for all things Claret and Amber, I just don't know how he has the neck to do it. 

Honestly mate, you've had a hard-on for MJC since you got here. 

Enough is enough. Cut it out, or we'll need to look at moderating your posts. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, David said:

Honestly mate, you've had a hard-on for MJC since you got here. 

Enough is enough. Cut it out, or we'll need to look at moderating your posts. 

Appreciate what your saying David, but the man has had a hard on for doom and gloom all season. As stated I had read a lot of posts before joining and appreciate thst people are entitled to their opinion, but christ every week predicting doom and gloom, be it the manager, players or whatever, gets right on yir mamaries. I am not party to what you say to him privately, but by god publicity, he appears to have a free rain to diss anything MFC, every day every post. If you think that's correct, well, that's your opinion.,but mines is, FFs, give us a bit of encouragement from your posts. End of rant. COYW.

2 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Appreciate what your saying David, but the man has had a hard on for doom and gloom all season. As stated I had read a lot of posts before joining and appreciate thst people are entitled to their opinion, but christ every week predicting doom and gloom, be it the manager, players or whatever, gets right on yir mamaries. I am not party to what you say to him privately, but by god publicity, he appears to have a free rain to diss anything MFC, every day every post. If you think that's correct, well, that's your opinion.,but mines is, FFs, give us a bit of encouragement from your posts. End of rant. COYW.

You have the option to put him on ignore if you so wish. If not, then leave him be. If he oversteps the line the admin will deal with him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I came away from Cappielow in the huff the other week thinking the only we can make up for this is with a win over Rangers. Job done. 

Delighted for anyone that headed through to Ibrox today. Makes the countess disappointments coming away from there, including a good few near misses and probably a few more humpings, all the more worthwhile.

And credit to every single one of the players. We should have won there in September and to go back and do it today, particularly when their tails are up, is testament to the mentality and quality of our squad.

Today is hopefully the first of many special victories that young Lennon will experience in his career.  

5 hours ago, MJC said:

Why not just enjoy our first league win against Rangers in over twenty years? That’s three posts you’ve made since FT and every one about me. Come on man, there’s more important things to talk about tonight surely? 

Enjoy the victory tonight , I was thinking your previous thoughts and despite any previous negativity we have now beaten the Gers . I have been slagged often in the last 20 years or so about how poor we are

Hopefully 🤞 top 6 and if we do that another 3 points against Brendan’s mhob also just to prove I am not biased in the slightest 

1 minute ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Enjoy the victory tonight , I was thinking your previous thoughts and despite any previous negativity we have now beaten the Gers . I have been slagged often in the last 20 years or so about how poor we are

Hopefully 🤞 top 6 and if we do that another 3 points against Brendan’s mhob also just to prove I am not biased in the slightest 

I’m sure most thought the same and when they equalised today I certainly expected only one outcome. And plenty of Motherwell teams over the past two decades would have crumbled and lost at that point so huge credit to this group and the manager for never mind not losing but actually going on to get the win! 

To anyone who is 35 , enjoy that win because if we go the same distance again you will be 62 like me before it happens again. That's how incredible that result was today. If someone had told me the day Owen Coyle and Mickey Weir scored to beat them 2-0 I'd be 62 before it happened again I'd have ordered a straight jacket for them. Better Motherwell teams than this one haven't sniffed a win at Ibrox so everyone at the club should saviour every minute . I know the fans will. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

That was fun 

Watched this earlier on, Actually thought Dan missed his header because there was no sound from our fans. They really need to do away with that sub 1000 away supports being alocated BS

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

seriously didnt know the differance, steelboy can have quite an attitude, but its a forum and as long as nothing personal or derogitry is said ( think thats how its spelt but an english teacher i am not ) then you either read his poin or scroll bye it :thankyou:

That's why he's been moderated for a little while, so he can think before he posts about players being dicks and getting them to fuck. You guys can scroll by, we need to read everyone's pish

2 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Did he mention anything about a bikini ? That always get me 'moderated' lol. Yestarday i merely said a 'certain outfit' and my post got instantly scorched

Yes you did, and yes it was, you have previous for that sort of behaviour on other fora, whether you like that kind of attention or not, we'd rather not have slavering eejits whenever you hint at turning up at FP half naked.

Any future posts of that ilk will be nuked too

Just in from a gig tonight in a local boozer and watching the highlights. Every bit as good watching it again. 

Only one tune you can play to kick off a pub gig tonight. Twist and Shout ! Some punters didn't like it. I was delighted 😄

• Haha 2

Back home after dinner dance plus driving so had wee glass of fizz and watched highlights.

First of all I have to say I thought it was a pen despite the play acting.

Now to us.  What a performance from everyone and delighted for Kelly making key saves.  The Bair just gets better and better and I said before but not getting KVV been good as we wouldn't have got Vale who looks a great signing albeit on loan.

That's 4 away games and 1 home where we did fear the worst but have came away with 7pts.  I just hope we can build on this. COYW

4 hours ago, Wee Dougie said:

Thing is he's been right more often than not and his predictions have been realistic rather than doom and gloom.

11 hours ago, MJC said:

And the change kit which is much maligned by some will forever be associated with winning at Ibrox. 

You think the Pony all white kit and think of Owen Coyle day

The fluorescent kit and Eliphas Shivute at Ibrox in a 2-2 draw and Willie Falconer covered in mud after scoring the winner at Fir Park

And this seasons will be remembered for Theo Bair and Dan Casey turning Rangers over. :cheers:

Turning over Rangers at Ibrox wearing a kit with a sash has a certain ironic appeal, I feel that I can now get behind! 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

To anyone who is 35 , enjoy that win because if we go the same distance again you will be 62 like me before it happens again. That's how incredible that result was today. If someone had told me the day Owen Coyle and Mickey Weir scored to beat them 2-0 I'd be 62 before it happened again I'd have ordered a straight jacket for them. Better Motherwell teams than this one haven't sniffed a win at Ibrox so everyone at the club should saviour every minute . I know the fans will. 

It was a Coyle double at Ibrox in May ‘97. Second one was a late penalty.

Mickey Weir scored in a 2-0 win away to Celtic later the same year but the following season. Coyle did score that day too.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

Mickey Weir scored in a 2-0 win away to Celtic later the same year but the following season. Coyle did score that day too.

i could have sworn micky weir scored in that game.. The curse of advancing years ... 

Wanted to save posting about the game until I was sober and a little less emotional.

Was a strange experience yesterday watching in hospitality and having ro temper my reactions to the game. 

Thought we started the game really brightly and pushed Rangers back for the first 10 minutes. Getting the goal seemed to spark them into life and from the rest of the half we had to be very disciplined and defended well limiting their opportunities as best we could.

Bairs goal was a thing of beauty lovely build up play and a cracking finish from a man in form and high on confidence.

Second half I felt we started to get deeper and deeper as we tired and Rangers did miss a few decent chances. The Rangers fans around us were losing their shit!

They really do have this unshakeable seige mentality now and believe the entire world is against them. 

The irony of the penalty decision was lost on them. We had a pretty decent view of it and although SOD goes to ground the Rangers player throws his legs up in the air as if they were springloaded for contact. 

As soon as VAR gets involved though, you know its getting given as there will always be one frame where it looks like contact is made and so it transpired.

What did surprise me is that VAR didnt look at the Casey tackle again. Its not even a foul in my book as he clearly wins the ball and McAusland gets injured because he pulls out of it, but the bears around us were not happy. Q a rousing rending of "feck the SFA".

After all of that it was really pleasing to get the second goal and see SK make some positive substitutions that kept us in the game. Ive been critical of his game management recently so was great to see him get it spot on yesterday.

Great performance from the manager and entire squad and brilliant result.

Left me wishing I had been down below with my fellow Dossers at the final whistle to celebrate properly!

C'est la vie! 🧡❤️🧡

Not sure Ive seen it posted anywhere else, but thats our first back to back league wins since August. Another monkey off the teams back.

35 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Ah I don't feel so bad , I thought he had scored with the penalty he won. Don't feel quite so doo lally , I knew he was in it somewhere.

Mickey Weir a very inconsistent player for us back in the day,  some days he was fine.....and then other days he would blow your mind 😜😜

1 hour ago, MJC said:

The days when you could get mixed up about Old Firm wins....