New CEO Named

Well-Made

You guys should be very wary.  At shrewsbury some now refer to him as Brian Fraudwell.  He left suddenly last year under a bit of a dark cloud.  Rumours of him cooking the books for his own benefit to the tune of 750K.  Started as a decent bloke, all looked rosy. He then fell out with the manager and spent his last 3 years working from home and went very quiet.  Deleted all the electronic evidence on his departure. Now believed to have been recovered and somewhat incriminating.  Im amazed you've not done your due diligence on this one.  Good luck all the same.

2 minutes ago, Shrews Exile said:

You guys should be very wary.  At shrewsbury some now refer to him as Brian Fraudwell.  He left suddenly last year under a bit of a dark cloud.  Rumours of him cooking the books for his own benefit to the tune of 750K.  Started as a decent bloke, all looked rosy. He then fell out with the manager and spent his last 3 years working from home and went very quiet.  Deleted all the electronic evidence on his departure. Now believed to have been recovered and somewhat incriminating.  Im amazed you've not done your due diligence on this one.  Good luck all the same.

Could you share a link to something that backs up what you've accused him of.

9 hours ago, Shrews Exile said:

Worrying if true. Otherwise, this is all hearsay until any evidence is shown. 

• Like 1

What a crock of shit.

Working from home for 3 years and deleting electronic evidence?.

Presumably he also conned the club's external auditors into signing off the accounts with the alleged missing 750k or maybe they're also in on the "fraud".🤑

More holes in the story than my fishing net and more like spending money they didn't have.

Anyone interested there's a good thread over on P&B on it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shrews Exile said:

So basically there's "rumours" of him cooking the books. 

I assume circulating on other forums. He's cooked the books to his own benefit to the tune of 750k and managed to delete all the evidence but it's now believed to have been recovered? 

Folk can speculate online - that's human nature. But until any of this is proven as fact - this is just gossip. Reputationally damaging  at that. 

• Like 1

There is no public proof.   We had our accounts released last week. We lost £3m last year.  £800K over budget and circa £500K unusual admin costs.   Brian left days before the season ended and then we also sacked the manager who gave us ur 2nd highest finish on over 30 years. Both were like heroes up until their sudden departures, Something catastrophic went wrong,  I only posted to question your clubs due diligence.  I would have thought just a phone call to our club might have been all it took but just concerned thats all.  As I say I wish you good luck.  There was quite a lot of speculation on a Shrewsbury message board but I cannot remember the name but it's the biggest one and there is something very recent about the accounts.

1 hour ago, Shrews Exile said:

There is no public proof.   We had our accounts released last week. We lost £3m last year.  £800K over budget and circa £500K unusual admin costs.   Brian left days before the season ended and then we also sacked the manager who gave us ur 2nd highest finish on over 30 years. Both were like heroes up until their sudden departures, Something catastrophic went wrong,  I only posted to question your clubs due diligence.  I would have thought just a phone call to our club might have been all it took but just concerned thats all.  As I say I wish you good luck.  There was quite a lot of speculation on a Shrewsbury message board but I cannot remember the name but it's the biggest one and there is something very recent about the accounts.

Think about it logically mate.

Unless someone has been smuggling sackfulls of cash out the back door everything is transacted through bank accounts which requires a minimum of 2 authorisations for cheques and electronic transactions, but more likely 3 and 2 of them would be board members so virtually impossible to hide money trails unless they were all in on some kind of scam which seems to be the basis of the rumours on your fan forums. Amazing how many wannabe accountants there are on them.

Maybe if your club didn't spend as much of your turnover on player salaries then you wouldn't have made the losses you have and try to point the finger and sully a guys reputation.

Have a look at Kieran Maguire on X who gives a good insight into your clubs accounts.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, santheman said:

Think about it logically mate.

Unless someone has been smuggling sackfulls of cash out the back door everything is transacted through bank accounts which requires a minimum of 2 authorisations for cheques and electronic transactions, but more likely 3 and 2 of them would be board members so virtually impossible to hide money trails unless they were all in on some kind of scam which seems to be the basis of the rumours on your fan forums. Amazing how many wannabe accountants there are on them.

Maybe if your club didn't spend as much of your turnover on player salaries then you wouldn't have made the losses you have and try to point the finger and sully a guys reputation.

Have a look at Kieran Maguire on X who gives a good insight into your clubs accounts.

At least theirs has an element of conspiracy theory to it. The best our forum 'experts' could come up with was that we couldn't afford to put the undersoil heating on.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Shrews Exile said:

No proof equals defamation. Don't do that to people. You think Motherwell didn't do due diligence before they appointed a CEO? 

Using my best google fu, all I could find was the Shrewsbury Chairman pointing out they took a big hit during Covid, and after that they kept spending more than they were bringing in. I also see their wage bill rose £800k in the past season to £5.2 million (which seems a bit reckless if when you are racking up big losses - but that's club owners for you).

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

Using my best google fu, all I could find was the Shrewsbury Chairman pointing out they took a big hit during Covid, and after that they kept spending more than they were bringing in. I also see their wage bill rose £800k in the past season to £5.2 million (which seems a bit reckless if when you are racking up big losses - but that's club owners for you).

Is that for players or the club as a whole?

6 hours ago, steelboy said:

Is that for players or the club as a whole?

Unclear from the article which just states "Wages were up by around £800,000 last year to £5.2m compared to the previous year" but probably broken down in the filing if anyone wants to track it down.

20 hours ago, Shrews Exile said:

If this is just conjecture bud, you shouldn't be posting it...your conjecture isn't even joined up thinking 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:50 PM, Shrews Exile said:

He'd be no worse than what we had if any of this is true

I've had a look and we actually have a slightly higher turnover than Shrewsbury in the latest accounts up to May '23. £6.4m vs £6.2m. We have staff costs of £5m and they were slightly higher with £5.2m but considering that they are in a far higher cost of living area we should be getting more for our money.

This is a budget that got them mid table in League One yet we are continually told we can't compete with League Two or National League for wages which is clearly lies and deflection.

3 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

He'd be no worse than what we had if any of this is true

If anyone managed to find a way to skim £750k from our books without being noticed they are a financial wizard - and should be working for Accies.

• Like 2