Motherwell Vs Livingston 04/05/24

TheoBair14

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think we all need to take a deep breath.

It doesnt matter how many games someone does or doesnt go to or how many years they have supported the team.

What matters is our support of Motherwell FC.

If you give an opinion, be prepared to debate it and back it up. Because sure as shit someone will disagree.

Try not to make it personal, or take it personal (hard sometimes I know) we are after all, all on the same side.

Some folk are always negative, some folk are always positive. Thats life.

Meantime, Feed The Bair.........

Yes, big breaths!…. “And I’m only thixteen” 

A little flashback for some of the older folks. 😃

On 5/5/2024 at 12:14 PM, MJC said:

I didn’t say that it did, I was merely making an observation that the more vocal “faithers” of the support, particularly on here tend to be the ones who don’t actually attend games. I’m not interested in the reasons they don’t or can’t go, that’s their business, but it’s a bit rich when these types get all sanctimonious and start riding about on their high horses with fans who actually were at the game.

Except you did, it was in response to a post calling responders to our win "sanctimonious pricks"

11 hours ago, MJC said:

Well I would have thought that people would be able to read the slight tone of sarcasm in my reference to “faithers of the support” but I’ll explain anyway. 

By that term I’m not referring to people who have supported the club and or attended matches regularly for 40/50/60 plus years, it’s more the types who try and tell others how to support the club that I take issue with. 

For example “I can lecture you because I always think we’re gonna win and you don’t” to paraphrase a poster earlier on. Really? Come on! It doesn’t matter to me if you’ve followed the club since 1950 or since last Tuesday evening once Reporting Scotland had finished, don’t tell me how I should or shouldn’t support the club when I have put in plenty of years and invested time, effort and money supporting Motherwell FC. 

Obviously I respect the guys/girls who have faithfully and loyally supported the club for many, many years going back to well before my time. Good on them. 

In this environment, an online message forum and the same applies to social media there just seems to be this element who rather than discussing the team, the club and everything relating to it are more interested in making cheap, petty remarks to other supporters and going down the ‘one-upmanship’ route and THAT is the type I’m referring to when talking about “faithers of the support”. 

Ah, the old "it was just a joke" excuse, it didn't work at school and it doesn't work now. Plus, did no one tell you sarcasm is the lowest form of wit? I think you have shown them to be correct. 

Maybe I’m not very good at wit then! In any case sarcasm isn’t really a joke anyway, more a veiled insult saying the opposite of what you really mean. 

On 5/6/2024 at 6:40 AM, MJC said:

It doesn’t matter to me if you’ve followed the club since 1950 or since last Tuesday evening once Reporting Scotland had finished, don’t tell me how I should or shouldn’t support the club when I have put in plenty of years and invested time, effort and money supporting Motherwell FC. 

No one is telling you how to support the club. You can go along to games and moan like fuck in your seat if you like. But what people can do, on this forum at least, is call you out on your nonsense. 

As I've said before, you have the right to be negative on here as much as you like, so long as you don't break any forum rules. But just as equally, others have the right to call you on that so long as they don't break the rules.

It really is that simple.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:49 PM, grumpy said:

Except you did, it was in response to a post calling responders to our win "sanctimonious pricks"

Ah, the old "it was just a joke" excuse, it didn't work at school and it doesn't work now. Plus, did no one tell you sarcasm is the lowest form of wit? I think you have shown them to be correct. 

Well exactly. It was the sanctimonious pricks comment that kicked all of this off. 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Good job we didn't lose on Saturday,  imagine the forum then? 🤪🤪

Can we not all just be happy we had a fine 4-1 win?

If this is us when we win 4-1 against the bottom of the table side, can you imagine the sheer anger and frustration if we ever won a cup or something again? This place would be unbearable.

• Haha 1