A classic cup semifinal game 2005

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to A classic cup semifinal game 2005

that was a great watch.   Looking at the squad from then v's now  - most of these guys would walk straight into our first 11. 

J Paterson
D Partridge
G Marshall
M Corrigan
S Hammell
P O'Donnell
S Leitch
R Foran
S Craigan
S McDonald
K McBride

59 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

that was a great watch.   Looking at the squad from then v's now  - most of these guys would walk straight into our first 11. 

J Paterson
D Partridge
G Marshall
M Corrigan
S Hammell
P O'Donnell
S Leitch
R Foran
S Craigan
S McDonald
K McBride

Every single one is better than what we have at the moment.

• Like 1

Brilliant night , brilliant journey home on the supporters bus and what a game

On paper that is a really good Motherwell side

Enjoyed that run to the final in 2005 and the build up , with the exception of the game itself . Remember all the Well fans singing Is this the way to Amarillo just before kick off and the Rangers fans looking on bewildered no doubt that they were being outsung 

38 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Brilliant night , brilliant journey home on the supporters bus and what a game

On paper that is a really good Motherwell side

Enjoyed that run to the final in 2005 and the build up , with the exception of the game itself . Remember all the Well fans singing Is this the way to Amarillo just before kick off and the Rangers fans looking on bewildered no doubt that they were being outsung 

The journey back on the train was full of Jam Tarts, felt very smug.

19 minutes ago, well_said said:

Who in the present team is better than Ritchie Foran?

As a striker? Bair and Vale.

As a midfielder, Spittal, Miller and Slattery.

In terms of fitness, every one of them is better than Richie "blowin' after 60 mins" Foran.

He got a lot of leeway from many fans because of his off the field activities, but as a player, falls very much into the Average category for me.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

In terms of fitness, every one of them is better than Richie "blowin' after 60 mins" Foran.

He got a lot of leeway from many fans because of his off the field activities, but as a player, falls very much into the Average category for me.

I don't agree but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

But he was a hybrid of both so not really comparable. If he had played against Odense we would have won be 3 or 4 as he was an expert at coming late in at the back post, and we had numerous similar chances in that game.

Jamie Murphy is another who is was a worse striker than Bair or Vale and a not as good as Spittal, Miller and Slattery as a midfielder but still overall better than all of them.

Brilliant semi final, Completely wasted by the final.
One of the worst experiences I’ve had a game, awful performance and to make matters worse our end was populated by H@ns who got tickets. Tried to make the whole final into the Davie Cooper final which should never have happened. 

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Ok spill the beans , did he get aff wi yer burd or skip in front of you at the mega bar. He was a great player for us and scored some really important goals and quite regularly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, mio said:

Brilliant semi final, Completely wasted by the final.
One of the worst experiences I’ve had a game, awful performance and to make matters worse our end was populated by H@ns who got tickets. Tried to make the whole final into the Davie Cooper final which should never have happened. 

Why should it never have happened? Davie Cooper played for both clubs and was a hero to both sets of fans (well, most of our fans as I suspect there’s a few who are no doubt uneasy about calling him a ‘Well hero due to their “dislike of all things Rangers” :rolleyes: ) and that Final was just a few days before the tenth anniversary of his death. The game itself was horrible for us but the Cooper tributes were spot on.

16 hours ago, stv said:

Ok spill the beans , did he get aff wi yer burd or skip in front of you at the mega bar. He was a great player for us and scored some really important goals and quite regularly.

Richie Foran was pish. One of the most overrated players we’ve ever had and a lazy bastard into the bargain. Liked a lock-in though and had all the burds in Starka and the Mega Bar swooning over him back in the day so he got a free pass with the mugs in our fanbase who see the players as their pals.