2024/25 pre-season thread

David

The club have so far announced two pre-season games, which are as follows:

• Motherwell vs FC Twente (Friday, June 28th 7pm)
  • Motherwell vs D.S.V.D Deurningen (Sunday, June 30th 2pm)

I'll add further games to this post as and when they're made official.ย 

ย 

It would be nice if we could have a glamour tie of some sort set up at Fir Park, it seems like it's been a while as we have been doing pitch works each season for a while. We only announced the two Dutch friendlies last year and I think we may have played Falkirk at Dalziel Park upon our return before heading into the League Cup group stage.

53 minutes ago, David said:

The club have so far announced two pre-season games, which are as follows:

• Motherwell vs FC Twente (Friday, June 28th 7pm)
  • Motherwell vs D.S.V.D Deurningen (Sunday, June 30th 2pm)

I'll add further games to this post as and when they're made official.ย 

ย 

Donโ€™t expect itโ€™ll be a Twente first team otherwise theyโ€™d have secured the elusive Nijmegen friendly.

Word from across there is that match may behind closed doors even at the local sports facility for similar reasons the first friendly last year was moved venue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Donโ€™t expect itโ€™ll be a Twente first team otherwise theyโ€™d have secured the elusive Nijmegen friendly.

Word from across there is that match may behind closed doors even at the local sports facility for similar reasons the first friendly last year was moved venue.

Ah, okay. Interesting to know. I guess it makes sense to have it behind closed doors if that is the case.

3 hours ago, Kat said:

It would be nice if we could have a glamour tie of some sort set up at Fir Park, it seems like it's been a while as we have been doing pitch works each season for a while. We only announced the two Dutch friendlies last year and I think we may have played Falkirk at Dalziel Park upon our return before heading into the League Cup group stage.

Aye. It would be great. I'd take any team to be fair. ๐Ÿคฃ

I hate friendlies.

There, I said it.

I appreciate they are a very necessary component of our pre-season, but forking out cash to watch a half-fit team go through some training moves is rarely entertaining.

Especially these days when the entire group stage of the League Cup is also our pre-season.

ย 

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

I hate friendlies.

There, I said it.

I appreciate they are a very necessary component of our pre-season, but forking out cash to watch a half-fit team go through some training moves is rarely entertaining.

Especially these days when the entire group stage of the League Cup is also our pre-season.

ย 

Yes

24 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Sizing each other up for the play-off.ย 

May 28th. Someone is getting a head start on the competition in the doomsday/naysayers championships.

1 minute ago, David said:

May 28th. Someone is getting a head start on the competition in the doomsday/naysayers championships.

To be fair it must be torture for them just now, season finished, transfer window not open no rumours about incoming players they can label as pish, so every chance for a whinge is taken.

• Haha 3

On the subject of a pre-season game with Livingston anyone remember that Motorola Cup in 2000/2001 ?ย 

Sure we won 6-1 and Andy Goram lifted a trophy ๐Ÿ†, memory may be playing tricksย 

Both teams had the Motorola sponsors of course

On 5/28/2024 at 9:52 PM, twistandshout1983 said:

On the subject of a pre-season game with Livingston anyone remember that Motorola Cup in 2000/2001 ?ย 

Sure we won 6-1 and Andy Goram lifted a trophy ๐Ÿ†, memory may be playing tricksย 

Both teams had the Motorola sponsors of course

Aye and they opened the south stand to home fans for it so we could experience it before sellic wrecked it

• 2 weeks later...