Club News - Direct From Fir Park

Leeann Dempster

I know things between the club and the fans have been difficult to say the least in the past five years .......

However, I hope fans (particularly in the last four to five months) have started to notice subtle differences in the way the club is run and agree that they are positive.

I detected a difference at the AGM Flow, and was encouraged. A long way to go of course but a start has been made.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or rather the Royal Mail.

Still, moan about the club, that's something new.

You defending the clubs mail distribution system? or just saying no one should criticise when things don't happen that the CLUB say will happen?

I still haven't received the letter, but then I still haven't received Mr Boyles last letter would that be Royal Mails fault? or coincidence? or a breakdown in the system?

Good effort by the club for getting news out online to a small ( getting smaller?) section of the support.

Surprised & a little dissapointed they didn't utilise the Motherwell news email address database

But really, really dissapointed that the promised letters still only arrive at selected addresses.

it's not like the club don't have my address its been recored at least a eight times this season alone.

Listening to our fans is going to be at the heart of everything we do now and in the future and we hope we have got off to a good start.

I think its a tad unfair of you to criticise the club when they clearly have sent the letters out- as shown by the amount of people who HAVE recieved the letter, I'd say that the fact they arrived on different days for people may point to a Royal Mail delivery issue.

Guest 'Flow
Good effort by the club for getting news out online to a small ( getting smaller?) section of the support.

The online community is getting smaller? I'd say more and more people are getting online as opposed to people getting rid of the 'Net? No?

Surprised & a little dissapointed they didn't utilise the Motherwell news email address database

A copy of the letter was sent out to the email list as a 'second' newsletter of the week BEFORE it was put on the Official website.

Did you not get it? Did anyone get it? :thumbup:

I certainly did to the other email address I have to proof....

'Flow

The online community is getting smaller? I'd say more and more people are getting online as opposed to people getting rid of the 'Net? No?

Was referring to this thread as getting the news out to a shrinking section of the support as opposed to the t'internet as a whole. and as I said good effort with it but lets face it there is hell of a lot of MFC's community that aren't around here or FPC anymore, all the better for the improved 'Fishel site ;):thumbup:

A copy of the letter was sent out to the email list as a 'second' newsletter of the week BEFORE it was put on the Official website.

Did you not get it? Did anyone get it? :huh:

I certainly did to the other email address I have to proof....

'Flow

Nah mate not even as spam or the likes, received everyone of the previous newsmails (EDIT: that I know about :unsure::blush: ) and the mail from the hospitality dep't was received :huh:

Good to hear you had that base covered and assume if you feel certain groups never received it'll you look into it as always.

Now just need to find out why Royal mails finest is hoarding all my letters from MFC :thumbup:

I think its a tad unfair of you to criticise the club when they clearly have sent the letters out- as shown by the amount of people who HAVE recieved the letter, I'd say that the fact they arrived on different days for people may point to a Royal Mail delivery issue.

What about the fact that my mates laddie got his letter but he never got one ? Or the fact that there are 2 season ticket holders in our house and we have never had any postal correspondence from the club, but get the e-mai newsletter no problem that can't be attributed to a Royal Mail issue can it ?

Guest 'Flow

Every letter was posted out on Thursday (albeit 2nd class)... Was hoped the latest folk would get it would've been Saturday but some will no doubt pop through the mailbox tomorrow morning which is unfortunate.

'Flow

To be fair, you aren't guaranteed to get first class mail the next day and second class can be unreliable, that's why they have services such as special delivery. The club aren't responsible for the speed it takes a letter to get to the recipient but surely if you have two days to spare you send it first class. Or earlier in the week.

I know that this might take some time as well to implement but surely there could be some opt out of getting letters from the club if you can read the same info on the official site? If the club can put together a database of fans who want to be signed up to the e newsletter surely we can opt out of getting duplicate letters sent out. It just seems to be a waste of money and effort on the clubs behalf, sending out a letter that people who have access to the official site have already read. I got a copy of the e newsletter on the 16th of March and again on the 13th of April, but that's all.

we received ours on sat. the 3 of us are season ticket holders so i think the club got it right only sending 1 letter addressed to the family as opposed to 3 seperate ones, but we are still waiting for the last letter from our chairman from many moons ago :rolleyes:

No letter for me yet again! Despite me confirming with the club my correct address at the start of the season I seem to be missed out every time. My dad got his... when the post came after the game on Saturday! Think sending it out second class on Thursday was just stupidity but that doesnt surprise me one bit anymore.

Do you know for a fact that they have sent them out to every season ticket holder? Course you don't.

I don't have mine, and I never recieved Boyles last letter about the pricing and bringing a friend either. I think it is pretty obvious that there is a problem somewhere along the line with addresses being stored.

On the up side, good to read about the price freeze and cooper decision. Get the database fixed up, new contracts for shug, buzz and Klimpl and we will be dancing. (Next season)