In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with McGhee's teams is McGhee's wages first and foremost.

Our wage budget for last year went on a wage hike for him n his bitch plus other abbhorations like Bob Malcolm's wage etc.

In hindsight for the sake of the club and an impending calamity worse than administration he had to go. It wasn't clear at the time but it's clear as mud now.

In clearing the wage bill of alleged high earners like McGhee, Leitch, Malcolm, Hughes, Klimpl Quinn and receiving compensation for McGhee, Leitch, Clarky and Quinn, We've cleared the decks and Gannon has a blank slate and a new pitch. A wage bill and transfer budget to spend as he sees fit topped up no doubt as always with a few extra coffers from JB on top.

Who gives a flying fuck what MMcG thinks and whether he know what we're paying our signings or not.

He's gone to a club who are crippled by the compensation they've had to pay to Motherwell FC, Jimmy Calderwood, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark as well as the wages that him and lapdug command (funnily enough I've heard that those wages are not as good as they were at the ark either)

Fuck Aberdeen!

MMG will hve no idea what we are paying for the lad from everton unless john boyle mentioned it on saturday after the game when the 2 of them were at dinner and i doubt that very much dont see jb revealing what we are playing for players at least i hope not anyway as has been said before he is jealous of our signings but tough shit deal with it mmg -_-

With much of the transfer activity being pushed by agents it wouldn't surprise me if everybody knows how much a certain club or player is looking for. He may even have been offered to Aberdeen or perhaps Boyle told him during dinner on saturday to rub his nose in us spending more cash than he could!

Exactly. People in football know. But it won't stop the anti McGhee brigade from having another pop at him.

Celtic sign a has-been Chinaman from Charlton and it's pages and pages in the sports pages. Motherwell sign an exciting young French player from Charlton and there are a couple of paragraphs buried inside.

It was always thus.

Probably Boyle told him over dinner.

You know to sort of rub it in....................Hi Markey I hear you could not afford two bubblies for X player........well Big Lukas is on £10 squillion a week. Happy you went to Aberdeen now ya muppet :lol:

Edit - just read the post above. At least we are all thinking along similar lines!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8234755.stm

anyone else getting annoyed with reynolds always talking about leaving? every interview he has they ask him about it

Motherwell fullback Mark Reynolds expects this to be his last season at the club.

Reynolds said: "I signed a four-year deal two years ago because I really wanted to be here although obviously I didn't want to see the end of it. I'm still only 22, I am still developing as a player and I am happy to stay here and I am happy to learn.

"But now I have to start thinking about making a move in the next couple of transfer windows. As everyone knows Motherwell have been a stepping stone to go on to bigger things.

"Paul Quinn and David Clarkson served their apprenticeship here, racked up 100 or 200 games and stepped up to another level.

"That's what we've all got to aspire to do.

"From what we have seen and the way the manager approaches the game he is going to be good to work under and grow under. You can be happy under a manager but not go anywhere. But he's the type of manager who will help us grow as players - and hopefully attract a team to come in."

Spot on!

And that's exactly what he was getting at yesterday at the Press Conference. Few papers have ran with him wanting to leave in January but he never said that, he said he and the club would have to think about "the next couple" of window's to ensure we get a fair fee for him.

Which is a fair and honest assessment from a guy who is appreciative of what MFC has done for him and his career. Plenty would sit tight but he's been honest and I would hope fans, like Rammer above, understand that and not what headlines make it out to be.

'Flow

Spot on!

And that's exactly what he was getting at yesterday at the Press Conference. Few papers have ran with him wanting to leave in January but he never said that, he said he and the club would have to think about "the next couple" of window's to ensure we get a fair fee for him.

Which is a fair and honest assessment from a guy who is appreciative of what MFC has done for him and his career. Plenty would sit tight but he's been honest and I would hope fans, like Rammer above, understand that and not what headlines make it out to be.

'Flow

It may well be a fair and honest assesment, but it's not a story, so the weegie meedja had to make something up. Like they did with the chanting on saturday. Like they do on a daily basis. And they wonder why everyone hates them...

Mark Reynolds moving on to a club at a higher level for a fair price is just as much about the continuation of Motherwell Football Club as it is the development of Mark Reynolds. As I'm sure most realise it's our footballing business model. We develop young players, some of which we manage to sell on for a fair fee which provides us income to pay wages, run the stadium, sign new players when required to remain competitive, etc etc. If guys like Mark Reynolds didn't have that ambition to move on and further their careers then we wouldn't be going far as a football club, so I for one am glad to hear he's got this level headed view point and I don't for one minute think he's been at all disrespectful to Motherwell Football club or us, the supporters.

On a sidenote, it's always nice to think about what could happen if we could hold on to the young guys we develop for their whole careers, i.e. McFadden, Pearson, Clarkson, Quinn, Reynolds, McCormack etc to see where a squad like that could take us, but I'm afraid Motherwell just don't have the resources to fund it, and we're not alone. Hibs would have had a pretty strong squad by now if they'd managed to keep all the guys they've brought through in the last 8-10 years.

Mark Reynolds seems like a sound guy with his head screwed on. Nine times out of ten papers will always run with one line that makes the story more extreme. He's hardly out there pimping himself to all and sundry. As long as we have cover I'd rather take £4.5 million for him (rough estimate :thumbup:) in January than get hee haw in June/July.

Reynolds very much has the same mentality as Faddy which can only be a good thing.

Last season I feared his career was stagnating and he would probably have found it disheartning to see Quinn & Clarky move on. Thankfully however, Gannon looks to have taken a shine to Reynolds and appears to have put his career back on track.

On a sidenote, it's always nice to think about what could happen if we could hold on to the young guys we develop for their whole careers, i.e. McFadden, Pearson, Clarkson, Quinn, Reynolds, McCormack etc to see where a squad like that could take us, but I'm afraid Motherwell just don't have the resources to fund it, and we're not alone. Hibs would have had a pretty strong squad by now if they'd managed to keep all the guys they've brought through in the 8-10 years.

In some way I agree that it would have been good to keep all these star players over the years. The problem is, if a few of them were already in the team some of the younger ones might never have made the first team. Lets face it, who would we rather have in the team? James McFadden or Ross McCormack??

The problem is, if a few of them were already in the team some of the younger ones might never have made the first team. Lets face it, who would we rather have in the team? James McFadden or Ross McCormack??

That's why I said 'squad'; you need more than a first XI if you are to challenge for honours! :thumbup:

It's very much a 'what if' anyway, plus we seem to have developed a fair few forwards and a couple of decent defenders in recent times, but in honesty our midfield youngsters probably haven't quite reached the same levels. Hopefully Forbes will get there though.

Mark Reynolds is a good football and he certainly does have his head screwed on.

Although, How far do you think he can go? Id think he would walk in to most SPL teams but not the Old Firm. I think if he does go to another club it would have to be a League 1 or Championship side who can simply offer more money than we can!