In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Mark Reynolds is a good football and he certainly does have his head screwed on.

Although, How far do you think he can go? Id think he would walk in to most SPL teams but not the Old Firm. I think if he does go to another club it would have to be a League 1 or Championship side who can simply offer more money than we can!

Agreed

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why he is talking bout the next couple of transfer windows, he signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago so has 2 years left, therefore january or next summer would get best price for him, if we dont sell then,he would go for a crap fee in 18 months time or free in 2 years.

I think he can go far.

With his pace and ability to read the game I think he is capable of carving out an International career. I'm interested to see how he progresses as a left back!

Exactly! Like Dee I can't see him getting a bigger club than decent championship team playing as a centre half but if he shows promise in some of the other roles he's been playing recently he has the potential to go on to better things. I just can't imagine him playing at centre half for a big club.

It'll be interesting to see if Reynolds signs a new deal in order to get a fee for Motherwell or whether he'll just let his current contract expire then move on for hee-haw.

Thats a catch 22. if he agrees a new contract, although getting more cash for us, it might put some clubs off if they are looking at him just now. and expecteing to get him on a free or cheap.

Exactly! Like Dee I can't see him getting a bigger club than decent championship team playing as a centre half but if he shows promise in some of the other roles he's been playing recently he has the potential to go on to better things. I just can't imagine him playing at centre half for a big club.

That sums it up pretty well!

Celtic sign a has-been Chinaman from Charlton and it's pages and pages in the sports pages. Motherwell sign an exciting young French player from Charlton and there are a couple of paragraphs buried inside.

It was always thus.

I've had a wry smile about that one too. Scotland Today had an ridiculously poor quality youtube video on after the deadline had passed on Tuesday in a desperate attempt to show some footage - and we had the rather pathetic sight of their reporter Gerry whatisface trying to chase after him yesterday getting blanked all the way.

And the guy hasn't even signed for them yet ;)

Mark Reynolds is a good football and he certainly does have his head screwed on.

Although, How far do you think he can go? Id think he would walk in to most SPL teams but not the Old Firm. I think if he does go to another club it would have to be a League 1 or Championship side who can simply offer more money than we can!

It all depends on his next move to be honest. I think he has the ability and the work ethic to become a great player if he gets the right opportunities. If he were to move to a higher level, I think he has both the attitude and the skills to up his game. As they say, the better the players you play with and against, the better you become.

He's got his head screwed on from the sounds of things and I think he'll be wanting to do right by both himself and the club whenever he finally does leave. Just as long as he comes back to finish his career with us, like Craggs, Uncle Phil and hopefully Faddy ;)

Although, How far do you think he can go? Id think he would walk in to most SPL teams but not the Old Firm.

Honestly, I think he'd skoosh it in an OF team. I think Reynolds is the type of player who is going to get even better with better quality players around. Sure, he's not the sturdiest centre-half out there but you don't HAVE to be a 6 foot 5 clodhopper to play that position well - look at Cannavaro as an often-cited example. What Reynolds has that sets him apart from 99% of the other players in Scotland is a brain and that allied to his pace and athleticism will take him far in a top team.

Slightly surprised hes signed for us. While he was a couple years below me at school, he was hardly a great footballer even by our standards.

Similar: Jim Weir was in my year and wasn't appreciably better than anyone else. He left to do a YTS at Accies whilst others took apprenticeships or stayed on to do Highers.

Similar: Jim Weir was in my year and wasn't appreciably better than anyone else. He left to do a YTS at Accies whilst others took apprenticeships or stayed on to do Highers.

Not similar: Charlie Millar played for my school's 18's when he was only 14 and was easily the best player sheer class.

Stephen Hughes was a few years above me at Dalziel and seemed to be no great shakes, but it has a lot to do with that "natural fitness" they keep talking about.

As BOP will tell you he's seen me play and knows what a ping i've got not many scored fae the half way line at fir park.

But never had the natural fitness.

All the best to the lad delighted to see another local young talent coming home!!

Stephen Hughes was a few years above me at Dalziel and seemed to be no great shakes, but it has a lot to do with that "natural fitness" they keep talking about.

Behave yersel, Stef was an absolute class act at school and it was obvious he was going to be a top player.