In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An predator with a track record down south would be amazing. But the big thing down there is Simeon Jackson who Gillingham rate at £1.5M Unfouranetly i think we got lucky with this once and that was big Porter.

I like the look of Gannon getting a few Premiership kids, hopefully he can develop some useful contacts that he can use and that arent German.

Or Ginger :D

While I'm exciting by Gannon's signing spree, I'll be far more confident about the season ahead if we bring in some experience.

If we go with a team of young guns it is imperative we get off to a good start, otherwise we could be in for a tough season.

I hope Gannon can unearth a Dailly/Alexander type character.

While I'm exciting by Gannon's signing spree, I'll be far more confident about the season ahead if we bring in some experience.

If we go with a team of young guns it is imperative we get off to a good start, otherwise we could be in for a tough season.

I hope Gannon can unearth a Dailly/Alexander type character.

Whats wrong with Craigan? Captain of the club and is the most capped player Motherwell has ever had.

Whats wrong with Craigan? Captain of the club and is the most capped player Motherwell has ever had.

As much as I admire Craigan as a player and a person, I don't see him as an inspiring leader.

Sure he leads Reynolds and the fullbacks throughout a game but I don't think his influence carries on up the park.

We would be far worse off without Craigan. Being a defender myself, you cannot underestimate the importance of having someone in your back four who talks throughout a game. Even if its just to say ''you got him?'', or ''right shoulder'', its essential to have someone with that experience and who is willing to stand up and be counted and command the rest of the defence. Just because he isnt shouting his head off doesnt mean hes not leading the players, most of the time all it takes is a quiet word or two, and nobody does that better than craigan.

I guarantee that Stephen Craigan is the only man in that squad that has the respect of everyother player. Theres no need to go out n find a Daily or Alexander, Craggs does the job just fine :notworthy:

We need a goalkeeper, a right back, an established, good quality attacking central midfielder who will score goals and a striker.

These are the positions we NEED to fill.

Did John Boyle find £400,000 hidden down the back of the couch? If the answer's no, then we'll not see an established goalscoring midfielder at Fir Park. Just hope that Gannon can turn O'Brien, Coke and Humphrey into goalscoring midfielders...

Did John Boyle find £400,000 hidden down the back of the couch? If the answer's no, then we'll not see an established goalscoring midfielder at Fir Park. Just hope that Gannon can turn O'Brien, Coke and Humphrey into goalscoring midfielders...

I'm pretty sure Inverness didn't pay £400,000 for Don Cowie, nor did St. Mirren for Andy Dorman.

Are Craig Bryson or David Robertson £400,000 players? Probably not but they will chip in 5-8 goals for their teams.

We don't have anyone like that and we badly need someone who will do that.

One would hope that out of Lasley, Fizzy, Forbes, Murphy, MMMcGarry, DairyLea, Coke, Jennings and Humphrey, Gannon might encourage a few of them to take a shot near the oppostiion 'nalty box on occaision this season. Last season was a nightware in terms of trying to play through the opposition and pass the ball into the net at times. If I was Mr Boyle, damn sure I wouldny be splashing the cash on a goalscoring midfielder until we see what our current midifeld options can do with their shooting boots on.

I'm pretty sure Inverness didn't pay £400,000 for Don Cowie, nor did St. Mirren for Andy Dorman.

Are Craig Bryson or David Robertson £400,000 players? Probably not but they will chip in 5-8 goals for their teams.

We don't have anyone like that and we badly need someone who will do that.

Robertson came through the ranks at Dundee Utd. And none of the other guys you mentioned were established players at our level when they signed for their SPL clubs. All of these guys were players that the clubs took a gamble on. Much like we are doing with some of our signings...

Robertson came through the ranks at Dundee Utd. And none of the other guys you mentioned were established players at our level when they signed for their SPL clubs. All of these guys were players that the clubs took a gamble on. Much like we are doing with some of our signings...

Well, I didn't say they had to be established at our level, just that they had a track record that you could point to and be confident about.

As for David Robertson coming through the ranks, why haven't we produced a similar player since Stephen Pearson?

What I'm saying is you don't need to spend £400,000 to get the type of player we are looking for.

I don't know if any one noticed but the Northampton fans seem to be convinced that striker Abebayo Akinfenwa will be following his good friend Giles Coke to Fir Park.

A beast of a man, decent scoring record in the last few years at Swansea and Northampton. Wouldn't be against his signing.

We need a goalkeeper, a right back, an established, good quality attacking central midfielder who will score goals and a striker.

These are the positions we NEED to fill.

I would say our priorities are most definitely a goalkeeper which i agrre with you on - but we defo need a couple of strikers - surprised you never mentioned that.

Having lost Porter, Clarkson and Sheridan - we cannot go through the season with Sutton and Murphy with McGarry as back up!

I don't know if any one noticed but the Northampton fans seem to be convinced that striker Abebayo Akinfenwa will be following his good friend Giles Coke to Fir Park.

I read it that they expected Akinfenwa to follow Coke out of Northampton and not follow him to Fir Park. Given a few of them mentioned that he still has the Cobblers, I doubt we'll be paying any fee and after the way they are going on about us signing Coke, I doubt they'd be willing to sell him to us.