In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of Celtic and their usual BULLSHIT .

All they want to do is take the brightest of scottish talent and lock them in the reserves to rot.

Slane has been great so far but Id like to think he has some common sense and realize the only way to further his career is to play regular first team football not go to Celtic and rot away never getting a start.

CMON THE WELL

I am so sick of Celtic and their usual BULLSHIT .

All they want to do is take the brightest of scottish talent and lock them in the reserves to rot.

Slane has been great so far but Id like to think he has some common sense and realize the only way to further his career is to play regular first team football not go to Celtic and rot away never getting a start.

CMON THE WELL

From our new managers trackk record so far i fully expect Celtic to be told to go take a flying fuck to themselves.

Does it really matter what team he supports. He has been with Motherwell since 11 years old and loves playing for the Well. The boy will move on, but hopefully after 2 or 3 yrs in the Well 1st team.

If he continues to mature & play the way he has been the last 18months, the SPL will not be big enough for him.

Ross Forbes was very nearly released from his contract before Jim Gannon came in, he'd already been told he hadnt progressed as wouldve been expected of him and that he was free to move elsewhere.

Ross Forbes was very nearly released from his contract before Jim Gannon came in, he'd already been told he hadnt progressed as wouldve been expected of him and that he was free to move elsewhere.

Let me guess, McGhee? <_<

IF ther's any truth in this (and there probably is IMO) Chis McCart, or whoever it is at Celtic can go fling shite at themselves. For centuries we've been told about their youth policy.

There's two sides to this and I've said it on a few threads. Firstly the club need to be on top of this and need to be streetwise, innovative and reactive when it comes to contracts. As we've seen for many years to fill a hole we regularly blood youngsters and after 2 or 3 games they can catch the eye of clubs including the gruesome twosome. This close season has been 'exceptional' in every meaning of the word and we need to tie up some of these guys sooner rather than later. Youth players at our club should be educated in the our biased (make no apoligies for it either) view on the finances of the game. If these guys want to develop at Motherwell and earn a lucrative move for a fair fee at the right time and expect our club to 'play ball', they need to realise that in return the commit themselves to relatively long contracts. We need to be as many steps ahead of agents / parents who advise them to run a contract down after we've developed them so they can move for hee haw.

The other point is how repulsive the two OF teams have become. i genuinely hate them more and more the older and allegedly wiser I become.

They have a 90% split of football income in Scotland between them almost entirely down to religious divides and the tradition associated to it. Yet neither of them in my 43 years on the planet have ever admitted or recognised this fact.

They brush this to the side and argue the case that without them scottish football would be nothing - and continually bully the rest for a weighted slice of income from TV etc. And as their dominance continues the contine to share the incredible inbalance in SPL prize money that the top 2 recieve.

They bemoan the lack of competition - yet they literally burst a gut to attract the best players from the provincial clubs with a policy of paying as little as possible for them.

They're moaning about it in several papers today.

I don't use this word lightly - for many many reasons. But, they are indeed a cancer.

The bottom line with any contract is that you can offer them, but if the player doesn't want to accept, there is nothing the club can do.

Also, as good as the young players have been, as Craigan said in his interview, let's see them over 100 games. While there have been some outstanding performances in the past couple of matches, let's not get carried away yet. For every McFadden and McCormack there is Paul Mills and John McKeever.

Of course, that's not to say we shouldn't be trying to hold onto them.

The bottom line with any contract is that you can offer them, but if the player doesn't want to accept, there is nothing the club can do.

That's obvious weeyin. That's exactly what's happening and in fairness could continue happening.

Hence my post about changing things - educating young players (hopefully swaying their future actions) and being innovative and sharper about getting them to sign - before it becomes obvious that they have potential.

It can be done - you only need to compare the approach of McFadden to the agent led approach of Pearson and McCormack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/2038783.stm

That's obvious weeyin. T
You would think so. However, I keep reading posts about how we should be signing up this player and that player on long term contracts, as if all the club needs to do is shove a piece of paper in front of them.

Does anybody really think the club isn't trying to secure the services of it's best young players? It's our business model to develop and sell, so it will be our top priority every year.

There is actually. Paul Slane has been nurtured by Motherwell for 6/7 years. He has given us 3 games in return. If he doesn't see fit to sign a Contract extension and give us the MINIMUM 2 years of his time in the 1st team then he goes back into the U19s for another TWO years. Without first team exposure who is going to sign him?

Promising 17 year olds are highly sought after. 19 year olds that haven't kicked a ball are generally looked over.

You would think so. However, I keep reading posts about how we should be signing up this player and that player on long term contracts, as if all the club needs to do is shove a piece of paper in front of them.

Does anybody really think the club isn't trying to secure the services of it's best young players? It's our business model to develop and sell, so it will be our top priority every year.

Thanks for enlightening me on that mate - I didn't realise that even after my second post I showed my lack of understanding of the whole situation.

I think for the last couple of seasons / under McGhee we have failed very badly on this. McGhee sympathised with these players and in a number of interviews he stated that they were right to try and move on. I don't know what went on behind the scenes about how hard he tried to tie up young or out of contract players. But I want to hear in the press an agressive stance about retaining talent not the managers agreement with a stance that leaves the club short changed.

In both posts I've stated that we need to 'change' what is currently happening.

So just for the lack of hearing. I'm saying that at the moment we put a contract in front of a player and they are generally advised by an agent or a parent not to sign and to let their current deal run out and move for nothing.

I'm suggesting we try to educate from an early age and try and 'change' this.

Now , can you spare a couple of seconds of your time to let me know where our view actually differs?

i think that ex rangers defender maurice ross would be a good replacement for quinn.i dont know where he's playing just now but i cant see him being that dear.

He was at Viking, dunno if he's still there though.

EDIT: He was at Viking, then played for Kocaelispor in Turkey from February until the summer. Currently unattatched.

i think that ex rangers defender maurice ross would be a good replacement for quinn.i dont know where he's playing just now but i cant see him being that dear.

You dont know where he's playing, but you think he'll be a good replacement for Quinn? How do you work that out?

The guy has disappeared off the radar because he isn't that good, lets not go down the road of employing ex OF players simply because they are ex OF players. The guy wouldn't be dear for the simple reason, he's shite.

Am I right in saying he's a Motherwell fan? I'd say judging by the sheer joy he showed after he scored the other night that he feels something for the club at least. Why then, if he was a Motherwell lad, would he give up the chance to play for his boyhood club each week to go rot away in the reserves.

If there is any doubt in the boy's mind then I'd feel quite confident that Gannon would be the man to convince him to stay.

£

Maurice Ross. Don't know where he is, don't know how he's playing. But he'll probably be good. :whistling:

There is actually. Paul Slane has been nurtured by Motherwell for 6/7 years. He has given us 3 games in return. If he doesn't see fit to sign a Contract extension and give us the MINIMUM 2 years of his time in the 1st team then he goes back into the U19s for another TWO years. Without first team exposure who is going to sign him?

Promising 17 year olds are highly sought after. 19 year olds that haven't kicked a ball are generally looked over.

Maybe if mwell treated him better last year he would already have.

And there is one year left of his contract.

£

Yeah, if Celtic were to come by and wave loads a' dosh in his face then he could go.

But I'm with SteveDiggle on this. Surely if he stays with us for a few seasons, improves further, then he can win a move to a bigger club than Celtic? This is what I'm wanting Gannon to get through to him.

Could be that he was pissed off with McGhee giving it the big talk up last summer in Austria, giving him pre season games then dumping him back in the 19`s + reserves. Plus giving Hutchinson + Page new contracts and Saunders + McHugh chances before him?

Still, if he had any beef with Motherwell + MMG thats in the past,and Im confident Gannon is the man to sign him (and the other talented youngsters) to long term contracts. Who would you want to guide the start of your career? A career bullshitter who only uses youngsters as a last resort when he cant actually sign other players, or a guy who prides himself on developing youth and in his last job brought through 2 or 3 guys who are coveted by half the premiership?

Dont know if this has been mentioned already sorry if it has.

Mcghee seemingly accepted a 40k transfer from Celtic before he left. This was then cancelled when he left as it wasnt complete.

You would be hard pushed to let him leave for less that 500k. Lets get the contract sorted out.