In's And Out's

AndyRoss

P&B is also a site where Falkirk and St Mirren are considered two of the best teams in Scotland. :huh:

And your saying that there not.... :P the only people who say that are mentally retarded ......no wait ,sorry that just about covers those two's whole support :nod: sorry my bad.............

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was on p&b since it's h/t saw a thread saying stevie hammell is heading to dundee on loan because gannon does not rate him, :P thoughts?

he looked a different player tonight when he came on just didnt look good at all

if he does not rate Hammell, then surely Craigen, Reynolds, McGarry days are numbered also, as IMO they are poorer players.
Gannon was in the Record today talking up Hammell. I'd be surprised if he want to offload him.

if he does not rate Hammell, then surely Craigen, Reynolds, McGarry days are numbered also, as IMO they are poorer players.

We need players in before more are moved out.

how do you work out that reynolds is worse than hammy

Hammells our best player IMO

I agree. So much of our play goes through him, he's spent a career (in two spells) at Fir Park getting good play through the various left wingers we've had.

I agree. So much of our play goes through him, he's spent a career (in two spells) at Fir Park getting good play through the various left wingers we've had.

This, while most of the time never getting any support from them in defence. Hammell's frailties in defence are mainly due to the fact our left sided midfielders don't help him.

Would agree with Wellfan 1984 as Hammell/Lappin combination was one of the big factors in assists as a club when we got 3rd spot the other season.

I think that we just need to utilise Hammell as a potential left-mid to allow for Reynolds at left-back and then develop another centre-half to cover for Reynolds on the flank. What about the guy Pat Kuyanake(apologies if spelling is incorrect)?

This would allow for the flexibility in all areas of the team that Gannon appears to be looking for in order to allow for the tactical shapes that he favours.

We NEED, instantly.

Dominant Centre half and a Right Back that can actually tackle. Both of these ideally over 21 with a bit of experience.

And a Striker who can do something with the ball and not just run around and get in the way (sutty :O ).

These 3 signings and that will be me (and most others) happy. Anything else is a bonus.

that would be a total of 7 signings? Unlikely, but not impossible,

I'm sure JG said after Humphrey signed he would like 4 more signings and 4 loans in tae. We got 1 signing and 1 loan after that so 3 more signed up players should happen. Perhaps a loan or two aswell.

Last night i thought Hammell was poor, when he got the ball with the chance to try and counter he would saunter up to the half way line and at this point either turn and play a pass back to a defender or hoof the thing 40 yards to the Steua defender. He can't have done himself any favours with Gannon after that.

Last night i thought Hammell was poor, when he got the ball with the chance to try and counter he would saunter up to the half way line and at this point either turn and play a pass back to a defender or hoof the thing 40 yards to the Steua defender. He can't have done himself any favours with Gannon after that.

That's because if it is Hammell playing left back with someone else on the ball Hammell would have gone past the left winger to collect the ball. Reynolds didn't do this, nor did any of the other midfielders. What do you want him to do? Try and beat the Steaua right side by himself?

Barring any injuries I would settle to get just one more signing before the start of the season, a right back.

I think that hutchison looks a capable deputy behind craigan and reynolds and Murphy and Sutton have looked good when they have played up front together.