In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen as this is an out's thread too. Anyone know if and when Bart Verheul left?

Serious question?

He was signed in the summer of 1991 and left I think in the summer of 1993. We had a 44 game league season during that time if I remember rightly and the squad was huge. I seem to remember something like 12 players departing with Verheul one of them.

Serious question?

He was signed in the summer of 1991 and left I think in the summer of 1993. We had a 44 game league season during that time if I remember rightly and the squad was huge. I seem to remember something like 12 players departing with Verheul one of them.

part serious, i knew he was away but just wondered what happened to him. Got an autograph from him one day and can remember his debut coming on as sub and doing a wee jig in the centre circle with the ball. Thats the only time I remember him on the park. Cos he was dutch and as we had Nijholt I remember thinking he was going to be magic but hey ho.

Sadly loans rarely work like that. Players tend only to go on loan down the football pecking order. Clubs only loan out players who are not first picks, and it would be very unusual for someone who was out of the picture at a first division club to be sought after by an SPL club.

Is there not players from the Championship on load to Premiership clubs at the moment????

I cant rack my brain to think of any at the mo.

Sure West Brom have a defender who is loaned to Wigan??

Greening is being loaned to Fulham I think.

I think this is the player basically bargaining with the club, saying I want to play in the Premiership, loan me this year and I'll come back and play next year if West Brom get promoted. Rather than them losing him completely.

I assume West Brom are getting a fair fee for the loan as well.

Either that or I have totally the wrong end of the stick here.

Is there not players from the Championship on load to Premiership clubs at the moment????

I cant rack my brain to think of any at the mo.

Sure West Brom have a defender who is loaned to Wigan??

Stephen Hunt is on loan from Reading to Hull I think.

Edit: Wrong again! :rolleyes:

Greening is being loaned to Fulham I think.

I think this is the player basically bargaining with the club, saying I want to play in the Premiership, loan me this year and I'll come back and play next year if West Brom get promoted. Rather than them losing him completely.

I assume West Brom are getting a fair fee for the loan as well.

Either that or I have totally the wrong end of the stick here

I think the general idea for these sorts of deals is so that clubs can put large transfer fees in the years when they haven't performed as well financially. i.e. the transfer is agreed now but the first of year of it is a "loan". This means that WBA won't have to put the fee in this years accounts (which would probably be ok as they were in the EPL) but instead show it in next years when they are more likely to have performed less well in the Championship.

I think they did something similar with Curtis Davies to Villa a couple of years back.

this is all getting a bit fustrating to be honest ...

as the days go on i wonder if we really are getting a striker :P

yeah there is speculation, and gannon also came out and told the media, however mentioned no names.

on the bright side ... i don't think gannon is a mcghee type of character ... hes not a player in terms of giving false hope to the fans ... there has obviously been a few unmentioned hold-ups, but no matter how long this goes on for ...

IN GANNON WE TRUST :rolleyes: !!!