In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Wouldn't be surprised if Hammell left if an offer came in - think Gannon is being pragmatic and would prefer to have Reynolds who can do a job there, plus central defence and holding midfield (albeit weakest at the latter). Shame as I've always rated Hammell and he's been a good servant, however there's no room for sentiment yadda yadda...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that today's Daily Star has reported us as being about to sign two players from Stockport.

One is Michael Rayners for £40,000 her is some info

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Profil...9~32520,00.html

The other is Andy Halls on Loan with an option to buy he looks like he could be a pin up for the female dossers. Some info here http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/Profil...9~46851,00.html

Heard that Hammell will be away. Didn't know it was Dundee though.

I will be disappointed if that is indeed true. We all know that he can be a little suspect at defending at times, which I guess as a defender is a bit of an issue! That said Gannon wants to play an attacking line up and IMHO Hammell fits the role as well as anyone we could hope to get in as a replacement. I guess Reynolds could slot in but I am not sure his crossing skills are comparable with Hammell.

Don't know if Stevie will be off or not but the guy has been a great servant to M.F.C through the bad and not so bad times .

If he was such a great servant and I by no means got anything against him perhaps he'd take recent droppings/subbings as the kick up the arse he maybe needs to start playing at the level he showed at 17/18 years old. We have had far worse players but to me when I watch him I get the feeling of someone going through the motions, like football to him is no more of a joy to him than someone dragging themselves out of bed of a early morning to work as a postie in a Scottish winter.

If he was such a great servant and I by no means got anything against him perhaps he'd take recent droppings/subbings as the kick up the arse he maybe needs to start playing at the level he showed at 17/18 years old. We have had far worse players but to me when I watch him I get the feeling of someone going through the motions, like football to him is no more of a joy to him than someone dragging themselves out of bed of a early morning to work as a postie in a Scottish winter.

Very good analogy.

Sad but true.

The centre half looks quite promising on paperr. The younger lad I think you have to trust Gannons judgement on his ability. Possibly if he can't get the more experienced first target of choice he thinks having a couple of young lads he can rotate from time to time will be better than relying on just the one?

does anyone know when the transfer window in scotland closes as ive heard midnight tonight and ive heard 5pm tomorrow the same as the premiership can anyone shed some light on it

It's been extended to 5pm tomorrow, same as in England, to allow for cross-border transfers as their FA offices will be closed, or at least closed early, due to their bank holiday today.

not convinced by the proposed right back. Would a 18 year old with no experience from Stockport really be better than Saunders?

I see what your saying mate but there is very little risk in the signing. He is only coming on loan, therefore if he impresses then we sign him and if not send him back. It is much like an extended trial period. I just think it is refreshing that with all these signings he seems to have a plan for the future. Some may work and some may not work. Even if half of them turn out to be superstars then that is fine by me.

Just had a text saying that that Hammell and Klimpl are seemingly signing for Dundee tomorrow, anyone else heard anything?

BBC have story just added tha Klimps has signed 3 year deal at Dundee - no mention as yet of Hammell joining them.

Fucking hell, Dundee fair going for it with the spending this year, easily the best midfield and attack in that league,possibly better than a chunk of spl teams too, but unless they spend a bit more on that shocking defence its gonna be a rollercoaster for them

Dundee are fucked if they don't make it up this year, and I can't see it.

Dundee are a big club and should be in the SPL. They have been getting 5,500 in the first division this season.

Unfortunately they have an unlikely element among their support but we probably need teams like Dundee in the SPL.