V St. Mirren

East_Stand_Al

Everything is in place for a win tomorrow, the pundits are predicting a Saints victory, the natives are getting (more) obnoxious, fingers crossed...

Faraway Saint, Billy Dodds, Captain_Sensible that one was for you.... :D

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in, now no laughing, Arbroath, hence the name, although sometimes on days like this a slight blessing. :D

Maybe in a couple of years ye might actually see a game with the way you lot are going!

Anyway, some of the football we played to day was superb. The front three linked together so well.

The move for O'Brien's miss at the end was just a joy to watch.

Also, how much of a better team do we look without John Sutton? Yes, he may have scored a fair amount of goals this season but today without him we managed to score 3! Last time we scored 3 goals in a league game was against Dundee Utd at the start of the year!

Saint Mirren have won four games since the turn of the year. Three were in the cup, sadly two were against us. However, the good news is they certainly are strong candidates for the drop.

All season my thoughts about St. Mirren have all been about them going down, but today , I can say nothing about them other than the highest praise that I can.I arrived at the ground early with my two kids, and had to wait around in the pouring rain and needless to say I was soaked through not Ideal for a lung cancer sufferer. I took a bad turn and my kids found a steward who immediately got me first aid attention, I was taken inside , dried off and treated by paramedics and their club doctor, who reported to their administration dept., who offered me a full refund and a taxi home to Edinburgh courtesy of St Mirren F.C. I opted to stay as I didn't want my kids to miss out on the game. They then made sure I was warmly wrapped and seated close to the front where the first Aiders, stewards and police could keep an eye on me and they made sure that was kept warm by supplying me with food and hot drinks throughout the game.

I may not like the team that plays on the park but as far as the staff from the gate steward to the administration dept., are concerned I feel nothing but the warmest gratitude towards them all.

Well done St. Mirren F.C. and thank you most sincerely.

And my sincere thanks to Scott from the East of Scotland Branch of the Supporters club who made sure that I didn't have to make my way home via wet draughty train stations and gave me and my kids a lift home to Edinburgh.

Alistair.

That's a great story. Hope things pick up for you, mate, and well done to Saint Mirren for helping out so readily. Things like that are terrific to hear.

Agreed with Ricky's sentiments. Excellent to hear that the staff at St Mirren were so good to you. Fair play to Scott and also your kids for actually getting the attention of the Stewards to help you out!

Hope your on the mend aswell mate! :thumbup:

I thought the boys were brilliant today and a special word for Mark McGhee who got his team selection and tactics absolutely spot on.

I hope all those who constantly shout and scream if we lose or draw and nit pick at the gaffers every call will acknowledge when he gets something totally spot on.

Some of our pass and move football was as good as anything in 2007/2008!

Onwards and upwards!

'Flow

Aye fair enough ,but they didn't get the result when it counted. ie they beat us 2-0

Can't say I feel anything for the Midden, good or bad, but they deserve all the paudits going for the way they dealt with Deaddogman and his kids.

To offer to pay him for his journey home, not to mention offering the refund, says a lot for them - for the way they dealt with the situation after he turned down the lift, the should receive the highest praise - it would have been easy to turn their back at that stage, but to look after him so well during the game was brilliant.

Everyone behind the scenes at the Midden who helped out, you're a credit to your club :thumbup:

MON RA DOSSERS

for the first time in ages I'm looking forward to going into work tonight !!

nightshift in Linwood ..... full of St Midden fans and Fegs !!

One in particular is in for a tough time tonight, unless he pulls a sickie :P:thumbup::P

been noising them up for the last couple of weeks about this match, just really glad the result went our way today.....Midden really do have the finest 1st division stadium lol !!

I know Mark McGhee was seeking confirmation of the qualifying criteria for the SPL fair play place, does anyone know if he actually has received this yet? I get the impression McGhee knows that there are so many different point-earners with regards to the place that we are, whilst not there and dry, in a superb position.

I hope all those who constantly shout and scream if we lose or draw and nit pick at the gaffers every call will acknowledge when he gets something totally spot on.

I'm really pleased we got the win today , but this season has been pretty dissapointing I think your being a bit over the top by saying that people are overly negative (don't get me wrong there are a few on here - but it was the same when it was your site) I guess sometimes you get so close to something you can't see past it.

Guest 'Flow

You've kinda double-backed on yourself there...

I am saying there are overly-negative people on here (just like there was when I was in charge) and as I've said, it’s their right to be so. However, it the interests of fairness, if you're gonna cane the guy for every little thing you think he gets wrong, at least have the good decency to acknowledge when he has pulled a rabbit from that hat (4-5-1 / 4-3-3) and it worked an absolute treat.

That's all I am saying.... Just as much as it's the right of the more negative amongst the support to go into overdrive in the wake of a defeat, then it's the right of the opposite to do likewise when things go right.

Agreed?

'Mon the 'Well

'Flow

Really good win today, and we played some very good stuff at times - which was undoubtedly helped by a cracking surface!

Got to be said though, St Mirren are absolutely dreadful. Can't see them avoiding the drop now, thankfully!

Yeah , fair play!

Sorry if I took it the wrong way but it just seemed like a 'get it up ye' from Mark McGhee.

We all know from going to Motherwell games that you are gauranteed to be sitting close to someone who moans like fuck.

I think after a win people will come on and say 'such and such had a great game' , 'we played really well'

And in McGhee's first season some were calling him our best manager ever. Gotta be able to take the rough with the smooth I guess.

Guest 'Flow

Not at all - If the gaffer wanted to do something like that then he wouldn't need me to do it...

My post(s) were not intended as a GIUY at all.... Whilst there has been some level of frustration at the seemingly never-ended tirade of negativity at times; I accept that everyone has their right to an opinion.

I would just hope that as much as they do own that right, they should be big enough to acknowledge when things go spectacularly right.

Okay, this season hasn't lived up to 2007/2008 but it has been far from a disaster. We've had a lot, lot worse to put up with (even in the very recent past).

We'll come again - We've got one of the best managers in the country and with a wee bit of creative thinking in the transfer market then who knows!

Roll on 2009/2010!

'Flow

Listening yesterday and reading comments on this site snd ours everyone who spotted we are toothless and running out of ideas is spot on. It's also noted you did play more like you did earlier in the season, why?

Also we are equal favourites to go down, not just losing but never really looking like winning, we are in trouble.

Next couple of weeks are going to be nail biting, for all the wrong reasons.

Great to hear about out staff dealing with your guy and his family, I'll pass that onto our site, probably the only positive we can take from the whole day.

Cheers. :lol: