Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

Some sensitive souls on here, some people were curious as to something that has now been cleared up. Very simply and easily.

Less sensitive than you think mate. However have been brought up to understand that if people are working through a difficult situation in their employment that has already caused a number of redundancies - i kinda think that they may be a wee bit concerned for their own job and fixing the situation first and foremost and i don't badger them for what in the grand scheme of things is an insignificant piece of info - i stand back and give them a wee bit of common courtesy and consideration at a difficult time.

If that's 'sensitive' that's cool.

Would you consider any of the posters 'insensitive' though??

Or are the PSL boys just fair game?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a minor ambiguity. I assumed we had all the kit we needed, but lets face it we've all seen issues with communication from the club before. Generally much improved, but there is always a sense where you don't quite feel certain unless things are painted out in black and white. Something which has now been done, we have all the playing kit we need and as yet there are issues with future away replicas and Canterbury europes future, which will hopefully be resolved postively. I'm quite satisfied with that, I'd hope everyone else would be and as a forum this is the place to discuss any uncertainties you percieve irrespective of how other people might be viewing it.

There no reason for people to get backs up, accuse people of sniping and conspiracy theories.

Sorry malky - but I laughed out loud at that! <_<

Less sensitive than you think mate. However have been brought up to understand that if people are working through a difficult situation in their employment that has already caused a number of redundancies - i kinda think that they may be a wee bit concerned for their own job and fixing the situation first and foremost and i don't badger them for what in the grand scheme of things is an insignificant piece of info - i stand back and give them a wee bit of common courtesy and consideration at a difficult time.

If that's 'sensitive' that's cool.

Would you consider any of the posters 'insensitive' though??

Have read through the last few pages and I don't see anyone getting at the PSL boys. This is a Motherwell forum and people here are asking about how it might be affecting the club. It has then largely been cleared up to best of everyones ability and that is appreciated. My first reply on the subject was to say that initial statement does seem to cover the recent question posed. Because a company is in administration it becomes a crime to ask about supply issues?

Got every sympathy for people working and affected by Canterbury's difficulties, presumably including PSL as they could face some negative consequences at least in short term as I sure revenue from a new kit is not something they want to see as a dent in their finances.

So I got my fingers crossed that something is rescued from the administration process with the least amount of negative impact for all concerned but no need to jump down peoples throats asking questions, even if they appear to have been already answered. End of the day what is posted here isn't going to affect the process one way or another.

aye.

same as the manager, players, chairman, flow, whoever makes the program and the pies and the stewards.

this is a site for motherwell fans to discuss motherwell. it should be independent of the club and motherwell fans should be free to give their opinions on all aspects of the club.

aye.

same as the manager, players, chairman, flow, whoever makes the program and the pies and the stewards.

this is a site for motherwell fans to discuss motherwell. it should be independent of the club and motherwell fans should be free to give their opinions on all aspects of the club.

<_< Cool

Just a pity they show restraint and dignity in dishing it back - because we're fair game as well.

But you seemed to suggest it was fairly straightforward earlier on in the thread?

Not straightforward as such, but there are ways you can dig out more information. If the company are due to publish their latest accounts you can always ask for a look at them, not generally a request that's looked upon too favourably but the figures will be in the public domain soon enough so a refusal would generally be viewed suspiciously.

You can also request trading reports from the same place you get your credit checks. These will generally show their latest trading records and any adverse reports from suppliers, any county court judgements and various other details.

You can put these details together with the credit check and, if you have enough of the relevant information you can sometimes make a fairly astute guess at the current state of play. It's an inexact science but if you know what you are looking for you can tell more about a company from those reports than you can from a simple credit check.

A statement from Portsmouth regarding Canterbury.

Portsmouth have reassured fans after the firm which makes its football shirts went bust earlier this week.

Canterbury Europe Ltd has gone into administration with debts of £60m.

But before the company went under it had completed the deal to manufacture all of Pompey's kit for both the team and as merchandise.

Some have already been delivered, but the club is in talks with administrator KPMG Restructuring about retrieving the remainder of the shirts.

The club is confident it will be able to get hold of the outstanding kit before the start of the coming season, and said 'no-one is going to lose out' as a result of the collapse.

They will still bear the name and logo of the collapsed firm.

Pompey spokesman Gary Double said: 'All the kit shirts have been already been manufactured.

'Some have been delivered but not all. There's no panic from this end, and we're talking to the administrators. Everything's been manufactured for the team and for the supporters, and no-one is going to lose out. The other thing we want to put on there is the shirt sponsor, and that's yet to be decided.'

David Costley-Wood, partner at administrator KPMG, said the firm would continue to trade under administration while his firm tried to find a buyer for the business.

If only you had a clue mate. Anyway batter in.

Can you enlighten us then?

Having read this thread the past few days, it seems like the only nuisance has been your constant over-reaction to relatively sensible posts. Take your posts out the equation and there is no friction or sniping; all the others have enquired about is whether their will be an away strip, etc. The general questions are kinda the questions that you would expect on a football forum that is not linked to the club.

I have yet to see any real criticism of PSL regarding the away strip, etc (only some speculation about DD earlier in the week that was cleared up).

Take it easy diggle, you're going to wind up having a breakdown.

Can you enlighten us then?

Having read this thread the past few days, it seems like the only nuisance has been your constant over-reaction to relatively sensible posts. Take your posts out the equation and there is no friction or sniping; all the others have enquired about is whether their will be an away strip, etc. The general questions are kinda the questions that you would expect on a football forum that is not linked to the club.

I have yet to see any real criticism of PSL regarding the away strip, etc (only some speculation about DD earlier in the week that was cleared up).

Take it easy diggle, you're going to wind up having a breakdown.

OK mate thanks.

Yet again you're enquiring after my well being and I'm absolutely and completely fine.

Thanks for looking after me on here airfinz. You're lovely.

Actually what you might have picked up from my posts is that - I know folk in the supply chain and its a very stressful situation that they're going through and i was asking for a bit of space / time so that they could sort things out and give the responses in due course.

You actually dont really like me much do you - you never have. So it's probably best for both of us that you ignore my posts.

OK mate thanks.

Yet again you're enquiring after my well being and I'm absolutely and completely fine.

Thanks for looking after me on here airfinz. You're lovely.

Actually what you might have picked up from my posts is that - I know folk in the supply chain and its a very stressful situation that they're going through and i was asking for a bit of space / time so that they could sort things out and give the responses in due course.

You actually dont really like me much do you - you never have. So it's probably best for both of us that you ignore my posts.

If you are that close to it Steve maybe you should start ignoring some posts.

It is a football fans forum after all, what exactly do you expect to read? consistently well balanced posts from people that know all the facts around what they are posting about. Wrong place for that I'm afraid.

As i've said before i love the new strip and the quality is top notch.

We pride ourself as being able to think outside the box at motherwell.

So why not have a local kit supplier?

DAIWA Sports in Netherton

I had a training hoodie out of there 5 seasons ago when i played for clyde rangers and still have it now, completely bulletproof lol :mellow:

I know people have there heart set on NIKE or Adidas but this must be a more realistic option for a club like ours even though it's not exactly a designer label.

I'll probably get slated for even suggesting it as per usual.

Somewhere in Netherton used to have a contract to make the repli-kits for Liverpool and the likes , was that Daiwa sports ?

Im with you , worth looking into.

Though theres a chance we were getting Canterbury . Xara , Bukta etc cheaper than Daiwa could do if they were being made in India/China or similar.

What Alan and PSL are trying to sort out at the moment, in what is very trying circumstances for Canterbury, is the replica kit situation. Hopefully that will conclude with a positive outcome too...

Have PSL made any head-way with the Canterbury administrators re: the replica away kit?

(I noted the earlier thread was promptly binned)

Obviously there's a heck of a lot going on MFC-wise at the moment, but without wishing to upset anyone, we are almost only a matter of 3 weeks away from the SPL season opener. I'm assuming the publicity is being held back until there is confirmation that a replica will be available - which is fair enough - but we are going to see it sooner or later anyway.

Just curious btw. :whistling:

Have PSL made any head-way with the Canterbury administrators re: the replica away kit?

(I noted the earlier thread was promptly binned)

Obviously there's a heck of a lot going on MFC-wise at the moment, but without wishing to upset anyone, we are almost only a matter of 3 weeks away from the SPL season opener. I'm assuming the publicity is being held back until there is confirmation that a replica will be available - which is fair enough - but we are going to see it sooner or later anyway.

Just curious btw. :ph34r:

A replica is available, allegedly, but they wont allow you to see it, we dont know why they wont allow you to see it, because they wont tell us.

Anyway, you're only a fan so you dont count, it's better just to go away and dont ask awkward questions, they just get ignored anyway.

I need to take my top back to the shop this week. After only the second wash the JAXX logo is a total mess. followed all the washing instructions. Anyone else taken theres back and what was the outcome from the shop. As I have my name on the back I cant see them replacing it but i wouldn't mind if the just replaced the logo, if they can that is.

I need to take my top back to the shop this week. After only the second wash the JAXX logo is a total mess. followed all the washing instructions. Anyone else taken theres back and what was the outcome from the shop. As I have my name on the back I cant see them replacing it but i wouldn't mind if the just replaced the logo, if they can that is.

Let it come off and it'll look better.

:ph34r: