Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just heard it on reporting scotland who were saying the scotland rugby deal was down the pan ( no mention of us) but its no looking good. Everything makes sense though a guess (no away kit, no more stock, poor quality etc). Shame as I think the kit is cracking. Could be a long season for a lot of teams in scotland this year. Hopefully we get new deal sorted soon, could be looking at the generic nike/addidas deals some clubs are on which might not be a bad thing. B-)

Do we not do credit checks before we agree any deals?

I'm no expert but surely this would have flagged up any potential problems regarding cash flow. :evilgrin:

Maybe someone with a better knowledge on credit checks could enlighten me.

Too busy running daft wee teasers in the programmes to check this out. :lol:

If the club are sticking with the Canterbury kits, I assume they already have the away kit. If Canterbury are no longer honouring contracts, I presume the away kit won't be available to the fans to buy? (Unless they've already been made?) :evilgrin:

When you consider we've had kits made by smallish companies like Xara and Bukta, it's somewhat ironic that the club trumpeted this as being out biggest ever kit deal with a big brand, only for Canterbury to go into administration. Shame. :lol: A bigger shame for the folk that have lost their jobs of course. :(

EDIT: I suppose it all hinges on whether a buyer is found. But with so many companies struggling in today's financial climate, I don't think it looks too good.

Fuck sake. Moaning c***s.

The top is smashing and its light to wear. Too many folk with too much time to complain about one thing. Actually, too many folk with too much time to complain about everything.

As far as i'm aware less than a handful of tops have been returned. So they canny be that shite eh?

:evilgrin:

My main concern is the financial impact on the club. I am curious as to how any deal with kit suppliers comes about and how we are rewarded financially.

I would be surprised if we are given any money up front or have to pay money up front. Unless we have to commit a sum of money to get the kits produced :evilgrin: I would have thought that we would share the revenue based on shirt sales. If so hopefully our exposure is fairly low.

The ongoing problem is who will buy the stock in the club shop if it appears we may get another strip design/manufacturer.

I have only bought the Black polo top so far and it is crackin design and material. Very happy with it and soon to be a collectors item???

Don't Provan Sports handle all the strip and merchandise side of things? I'd think that it would be them that get the money/pay the money for the strips and pay the club a fee, a franchise type thing almost? I may be totally wrong, but they'll be the ones that bear the brunt of things on the finance front unfortunately.

IN administration all monies owed to the company must still be paid i.e. any money we are due to pay them for strip sales, and any money they owe us won't be i.e. sponsorship money so IMO the club won't be receiving their payout from Canterbury and Provan Sports will be due to pay them their cut for what stock has already been sold.

Do we not do credit checks before we agree any deals?

I'm no expert but surely this would have flagged up any potential problems regarding cash flow. :evilgrin:

Maybe someone with a better knowledge on credit checks could enlighten me.

It would have and with a major contract like this you would be bound to put it on constant review then any anomalies/inconsistencies would be flagged up, county court judgements, late paying, etc. giving the club a wee bit of warning regarding any problems.

I have to say that having worked in Credit control and Credit management for about 30 years it's quite rare for a company with the correct financial infrastructure to be caught out when a major client goes belly up.

It would have and with a major contract like this you would be bound to put it on constant review then any anomalies/inconsistencies would be flagged up, county court judgements, late paying, etc. giving the club a wee bit of warning regarding any problems.

I have to say that having worked in Credit control and Credit management for about 30 years it's quite rare for a company with the correct financial infrastructure to be caught out when a major client goes belly up.

So it would appear if that is the case we have trusted Canterbury without doing the necessary credit checks.

If that is the case we have only ourselves to blame and I can only hope we get delivery of our players match away kit before the season starts. As for supplies of replica kit it's not looking too promising.

Ah well another enforced change of supplier appears to be on the cards.

So it would appear if that is the case we have trusted Canterbury without doing the necessary credit checks.

If that is the case we have only ourselves to blame and I can only hope we get delivery of our players match away kit before the season starts. As for supplies of replica kit it's not looking too promising.

Ah well another enforced change of supplier appears to be on the cards.

That's not necessarily the case, credit checks, I'm sure, would have been done at the time, but those records could have been a year or so old.

Did we get a look at the company's updated records before signing the contract, if not, were we advised once they had been published.

It's the follow up's, reviewing and checking the company's rating on a regular basis that's needed to keep you one step ahead of the pack.

I wouldn't want to comment on how they go about their business but I would be astonished if there wasn't such a procedure in place.

I wouldn't want to comment on how they go about their business but I would be astonished if there wasn't such a procedure in place.

It may well turn out to be an expensive mistake.

I only hope we can get something sorted regarding stock for the shop or the shelves will be looking pretty bare during the coming season.

i don't think the club will lose much here. surely with all the club shop stuff being sub contracted out to awp it's them that will take the hit rather than mfc?

i don't really give a fuck what we play in as long as it's claret and amber and isn't made of wool. after the clusterfuck at the start of this thread, then the ridiculous program pictures this is quite amusing. just typical mfc, never a dull moment!

i don't think the club will lose much here. surely with all the club shop stuff being sub contracted out to awp it's them that will take the hit rather than mfc?

i don't really give a fuck what we play in as long as it's claret and amber and isn't made of wool. after the clusterfuck at the start of this thread, then the ridiculous program pictures this is quite amusing. just typical mfc, never a dull moment!

:lol: i don't know...watching big suts trying to score whilst scratching himself to death WOULD be entertaining.

surely with all the club shop stuff being sub contracted out to awp it's them that will take the hit rather than mfc?

I'm not sure how the PSL/Motherwell thing works but I hope something gets sorted out soon.

Looking like Countdown to Canterbury should have read Countdown to Administration.

This is poor marketing management by Motherwell. Surely they must have done due diligence searches to determine the financial viability of the sponsor? The fans were right along when they talked about the poor quality of the kits they had bought recently and the Club has let the fans down.

I also tried to send an email to the club tonight and the message I "sent" disappeared from my draft box. There was an email header but no message. Hhmm, odd. Every fan who bought a kit of inferior quality should take it back for a refund. Fans deserve better than this.

What a bunch of ignorant (in the purest sense of the word) insensitive tossers some of you are.

PSL - I'm pretty sure have been dealing with Canterbury for long and weary as they supply other sports clubs outwith football. Rugby Cricket etc. So rolling that out to MFC wasn't necessarily a step into the unknown.

I don't think they are that big an outfit - but know (not guess) that those involved in putting a strip together that met the fans wishes worked really hard on it. I know that they are as big a Motherwell fan as any of us other sad gits on here.

If only you knew!

claretbandonambershirt (and it's a fucking hoop) and TheLip etc - get a fuckin grip would ya.

banding about the stuff that your banding I'm pretty sure isn't accurate or helpful.

This ain't Real Madrid

I don't think they are that big an outfit - but know (not guess) that those involved in putting a strip together that met the fans wishes worked really hard on it. I know that they are as big a Motherwell fan as any of us other sad gits on here.

I think you're missing the point a lot of people are making, letting personal involvement with designers/staff cloud your judgement? People generally aren't complaining about the design of the strip, infacct most, including myself are pretty happy with it. The issue is quality of product. The Motherwell top is not the same quality as other Canterbury strips, eg Deportivo, Lille and AZ. I think thats what people are miffed about, infact some have said Bukta was superior in comparison which is hard to take considering the stature of the supplier. The fact that the designer is a Motherwell fan means absolutely nothing and I mean nothing. A good designer will make a product to sell as best as possible in the target market, so it wouldn't matter if they supported Grimsby as long as they produced the goods.